Author Topic: Rangel's stealing and the Medal of Honor recipient  (Read 1151 times)

Offline Minuteman

• Senior JTFer
Rangel's stealing and the Medal of Honor recipient
« on: November 16, 2010, 12:30:22 PM »
Today the top news stories came up on MSN.  The two top stories is Rep. Rangel being found guilty of corruption a.k.a. stealing, and the other is the story about a courageous young man being awarded the Congressional Medal of Honor.  That young man's name is Staff Sgt. Salvatore Giunta, Medal of Honor receipient of the United States Army.

Now let's look at the recent accomplishments of these two men. 

Charles Rangel ref.  Associated Press

"The panel's findings
The congressional panel, sitting as a jury, found that Rangel had used House stationery and staff to solicit money for a New York college center named after him. It also concluded he solicited donors for the center with interests before the Ways and Means Committee, leaving the impression the money could influence official actions.

He also was found guilty of failing to disclose at least $600,000 in assets and income in a series of inaccurate reports to Congress; using a rent-subsidized New York apartment for a campaign office, when it was designated for residential use; and failure to report to the IRS rental income from a housing unit in a Dominican Republic resort."

Conclusion

Rangel stole money to basically live the good life at the expense of others.

Staff Sergent Sal Giunta ref. Jim Hanson

SSG Sal Giunta, a paratrooper w/ the 173rd Airborne, is likely to be the first living Medal of Honor recipient since the Vietnam War. He earned this by charging a group of Taliban who were trying to make off with a wounded comrade in the Korengal Valley of Afghanistan. His actions broke the Taliban’s attack and allowed him to regain control of SGT Josh Brennan. He also saved the lives of the many other members of his unit who had been caught in a near ambush by the Taliban. Giunta didn’t hesitate one second before advancing on his own to ensure the enemy would never take one of ours, but sadly Josh Brennan was too badly wounded too survive. His cousin PVT Joe Brennan recently graduated airborne school and has joined the same unit proudly carrying on Josh’s memory.

Conclusion 

Giunta proved he was willing to give up his life to save the life of his comrades.  This is the most selfless act one can engage in.

Bottom line

Rangel has got money while Giunta has honor.

Honor lasts a lot longer than money.  Honor is forever.

These are stories of grace and disgrace.

Who would you rather be?  Rangel or Giunta

Offline Confederate Kahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
Re: Rangel's stealing and the Medal of Honor recipient
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2010, 01:38:09 PM »
I think I will be Rangle so I could get ahead by blaming whites for my troubles.
Chad M ~ Your rebel against white guilt

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
Re: Rangel's stealing and the Medal of Honor recipient
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2010, 06:42:46 PM »
There was a young black man running for old Charlie's seat this election and I was really wishing he would have won the race... He was a Conservative black that may have went a long way in changing politics as usual up in Harlem... Rangel is just another in a long line of black shysters set in the mold of Adam Clayton Powell Jr. Liberal whites have enabled behavior like his over the years so in a way I can't blame Rangel for taking it for all that it's worth... He latest stunt today where he cries hes broke and can't afford legal representation was a classic  :::D... My bet is he gets slapped around a bit and is allowed to finish out his term.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years