Poll

once antisemitism becomes too big, what will happen to it

The movement will dissolve completely
6 (66.7%)
It will morph into something more respectable.
2 (22.2%)
other/don't know
1 (11.1%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Fate of reformism  (Read 1091 times)

Offline Meerkat

• Master JTFer
  • Yemach Shmam to Egypt and Iran
Fate of reformism
« on: December 06, 2010, 05:51:33 PM »
i think we all established that jews need to be reminded that they are jews via antisemitism. without it, we just assimilate
 what do you think will happen to the reform movement when its time to leave for Israel?

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Re: Fate of reformism
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2010, 05:52:58 PM »
What do you mean?  Isn't it already time to leave for Israel?

It will be like things are now.   It will remain in the galut to wither away in obscurity and irrelevance.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2010, 06:19:06 PM »
Reform 'Jews' will surely assimilate and lose any Jewish connection...

We have witnessed this within the last 40 years... Thank Hashem I never had to go to reform 'temple'... Even my parents were able to see through the facade of reform 'judaism' and they sent my brother and I to Conservative synagogue...

Reform is doomed...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2010, 04:07:54 AM »
From reform they'll turn into Jews for Jesus then Jews for nothing then nothing for nothing and then disappear    :laugh: :laugh:
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline takebackourtemple

• Master JTFer
  • May this be the year that the temple is liberated.
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2010, 04:52:34 AM »
   Unfortunately every generation has those who are disloyal. The thing about reformism is that some Jews will give up Judiasm all together and some non-Jewish liberals will join the cult and call themselves Jewish despite the lack of a real conversion. The next generation's reform will not have any blood relations to the previous one's. The only good news is that a select few will be able to see through the reformism and return to the torah.

Does it bother you that you have to face the dome and the rock to say the sh'ma?

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2010, 08:09:49 AM »
Deform "Judaism" is oxymoronical.

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2010, 08:50:50 AM »
They will assimilate, most are celebrating Xmas this year.

Offline IsraeliGovtAreKapos

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2010, 09:14:02 AM »
as all other enemies of Judaism
« Last Edit: December 07, 2010, 09:19:10 AM by Ron Ben Michael »

Offline Alex37

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2010, 09:34:32 AM »
Their fate is assimilation. They have used to introduce Western "Morals" (supposedly the lowest common-denominator among 'Western' Jews) as "Judaism", but now they don't do even that - their community consists of pork-eating Lesbian atheist "Rabbis" and murderous-criminals, too. They have thrown away all of Judaism's Moral teachings (actually, they'd never knew them in the first place, for if they knew, they would get an immidiet stroke, since Judaism is the complete opposite of their empty teachings), and replaced them with absolutely nothing. I've spoken to a few of them, and I wasn't even surprised to see that they willfully want Jews to assimiltae, and that they want Judaism to become something like "Secular-Humanism". The Reformists fulfill Zechariah's prophecy: after 6 million Jews had been murdered in the holocaust, 6 million more will assimilate (because of the Reformists) in the US, and thus the 6 million Jews left will become the-pure nation in the Holy land; that way only one third was left, as the prophecy says.    

Offline Yaakov Mendel

• Master JTFer
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2010, 10:37:31 AM »

What do you think is worse between being raised with fraudulent "reform" jewish education and being raised with no jewish education at all ?
I think the former is worse than the latter because it makes it more difficult to do teshuva at a later age as your perception of judaism has been twisted.
As far as I am concerned, there is no question I prefer an honest secular Jew than a hypocritical bogus Reform Jew who claims to be practicing.

Offline Alex37

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2010, 10:50:18 AM »

As far as I am concerned, there is no question I prefer an honest secular Jew than a hypocritical bogus Reform Jew who claims to be practicing.

Indeed, secular nationalist Jews usually realize what an illogical non-sense athiesm is, and make a teshuva, while reformists who believe in the Leftist Dogma as if it's authentic Judaism, usually don't realize what an absurd "Jews" they are.     

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2010, 10:57:25 AM »

What do you think is worse between being raised with fraudulent "reform" jewish education and being raised with no jewish education at all ?
I think the former is worse than the latter because it makes it more difficult to do teshuva at a later age as your perception of judaism has been twisted.

Despite my strong repulsion to the reform movement, I actually have to say the former choice out of these two because I had a fraudulent reform 'jewish' education, but it was that foundation which eventually led me on the path of teshuvah.     If I had literally zero education, I never would have known I was a Jew and would never have had a sense of identifying as one, which I always have.       

The reform congregations and leaders vary from place to place, and as far as reform goes, my rabbi was a good guy who instilled in me a belief in G-d, a belief that ethics are important and ultimately from Torah, and a respect for tradition and Torah even though I did not practice most of it as a reform Jew.   As a kid, those basic values stick with you, and I never really thought to question those basic premises, they seemed self-evident to me, felt embedded as part of my identity, yet still important to stress.    This particular rabbi was one of the ones within reform movement today who are pushing a return to more traditions being incorporated in their system (originally reform sought to discard the traditions).    So I would have to say that some education is better than none.   

But sometimes reform are teaching atheism or whatever craziness, and that of course is worse than no education.   So it depends on the doctrine they teach.

Also, in all my time growing up with that reform "temple" I never once heard a disparaging remark by this rabbi about any other types of Jews.   I barely even knew the other groups existed and knew little to nothing about them.

Offline takebackourtemple

• Master JTFer
  • May this be the year that the temple is liberated.
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2010, 03:45:49 PM »
They will assimilate, most are celebrating Xmas this year.

Very true. I have a friend who is Jewish but considers himself atheist because he grew up in Russia where that is what they taught. <This background information is a topic for a different thread, but no, I'm not justifying his actions. Only his need to return to the torah.>
   For the main point. He is dating a girl who calls herself Jewish. She is ultra-left wing and calls herself a flaming liberal. My friend's mother is thrilled that he is dating someone who is Jewish. If you read some of the Rav's books people who have intermarriages would often say "as least she is white". In this case I thought "at least she is Jewish".
   Turns out she is not. She had a conservative conversion but goes to a deformed temple where a lesbian fake rabbi plays guitar on shabbat. She disagreed with the torah values I presented to her and guess what? She celebrates Xmas.
Does it bother you that you have to face the dome and the rock to say the sh'ma?