Author Topic: Visiting Cyprus, is it pro Jewish?  (Read 1067 times)

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
Visiting Cyprus, is it pro Jewish?
« on: January 05, 2011, 07:33:05 PM »
So I was thinking of traveling to Cyprus but was wondering what the attitude is towards Jews there? I know there is a long presence of Jewish history there, is it a country that is ok to travel or to avoid? Wondering what others think here.

Offline TruthSpreader

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/WeThePeopleZeb
Re: Visiting Cyprus, is it pro Jewish?
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2011, 07:46:54 PM »
I wouldn't know if it is or not. I'm not too familiar with Cyprus but I wouldn't go to the northern part of the country due to the fact it's surrounded by Turkish Muslim Nazis.

Dan - Stay calm and be brave in order to judge correctly and make the right decision

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2011, 07:56:38 PM »
Obviously Turkish Cyprus wouldn't be.

As for Greek Cyprus, I don't know. Greeks in general are not friends of Israel, they tend to support Arabs because Arabs are against the Turks.

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2011, 08:18:19 PM »
Maybe i'll visit Sardinia instead then.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2011, 08:20:24 PM »
Maybe i'll visit Sardinia instead then.

I hope that they don't have Sardines there... I just don't like Sardines...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Meerkat

• Master JTFer
  • Yemach Shmam to Egypt and Iran
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2011, 08:47:14 PM »

As for Greek Cyprus, I don't know. Greeks in general are not friends of Israel, they tend to support Arabs because Arabs are against the Turks.
the tables are somewhat turned now, now the turks are much closer to their muslim brothers while greece has been friendlier towards Israel more recently. not sure how genuine is it.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2011, 08:49:23 PM »
If you were to go to cyprus you might as well go to turkey
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2011, 09:01:57 PM »
The island looked nice though

I heard a lot of Israelis go there.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2011, 09:56:57 PM »
if you are in the US, you might as well go to the Carribean..If you are in Europe and need to go somewhere warm, then you're screwed unless somewhere in spain there is summer weather.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2011, 10:22:14 PM »
There's a few different areas in Europe.

Southern France, Balearic islands in Spain, Malta, Sicily and Sardinia in Italy, Cyprus in Eastern Mediterranean, etc.

Offline wonga66

• Master JTFer
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2011, 04:13:22 AM »
Don't publicize it to the Greeks and Turks there jus' yet, but Cyprus is actually with Eretz Yisrael's Biblical borders and is part of Israel and will be again in Messianic times to come!
http://www.britam.org/Questions/QuesLand.html#Cyprus

When you're in Larnaka, make sure to daven a Mincha at Chabad Cyprus and give regards to Rabbi Raskin
http://www.jewishcyprus.com/

A case can be made that Crete, Malta and even Majorca and the Balearics are also part of the Land of Israel! Indeed a Halachic case has been made that Israel extends in a latitudinal band right round the globe's circumference, including parts of Thailand! When it comes to Israel's borders, we are maximalists, not minimalists!

« Last Edit: January 06, 2011, 04:41:03 AM by wonga66 »

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2011, 06:53:23 AM »
Just stay away from the Turkish occupied parts.

Not that Cyprus is particularly pro Jewish, but I think they are hospitable to Jews and Israelis and obviously they aren't fond of Turkey and they'd love to host some of the throng of Israeli tourists that used to do their vacation in Turkey.

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2011, 07:06:02 AM »
 The Cypriots are pro Israel for the most part[ Greek Cypriots] the only problem is that some pre military Israelis and post military Israelis go their and cause trouble in Hotels and Taverns.Who in their right mind would want to go to the Turkish part anyhow the Turks destroyed it.
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2011, 01:57:21 AM »
There is some interesting history there and some beautiful land/beaches. I guess Malta had a big Jewish population at one time too.

Offline Ari Ben-Canaan

• Master JTFer
  • "The Necromancers Could Not Stand Before Moses."
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2011, 05:35:03 AM »
I have read that Israel will be supplying Greece with the Leviathan natural gas discovery.  After that point I think Greece might shift a bit more to the philo-semite region [at least the government].
"You must keep the arab under your boot or he will be at your throat" -Unknown

"When we tell the Arab, ‘Come, I want to help you and see to your needs,’ he doesn’t look at us like gentlemen. He sees weakness and then the wolf shows what he can do.” - Maimonides

“I am all peace, but when I speak, they are for war.” -Psalms 120:7

"The difference between a Jewish liberal and a Jewish conservative is that when a Jewish liberal walks out of the Holocaust Museum, he feels, "This shows why we need to have more tolerance and multiculturalism." The Jewish conservative feels, "We should have killed a lot more Nazis, and sooner."" - Philip Klein

Offline syyuge

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2011, 10:45:37 AM »

What a convoluted logic it was.
There are thunders and sparks in the skies, because Faraday invented the electricity.