Author Topic: the Jewish Bible verses the quran  (Read 640 times)

Offline christians4jews

• Master JTFer
the Jewish Bible verses the quran
« on: February 22, 2011, 04:47:16 PM »
Hey jtfers. Can anyone post a link of an article, or you can submit your own responses, about the differences between the Torah and the Quran.

Im currently trying to debate muslims and self hating Atheists/Agnostics.(who try and lump the jewish and christian scriptures as the same as Islam).

Obviously my essay skills are not great, so if someone can show me links, or sources from their past debates that would be much appreciated.

Offline Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2011, 05:35:29 PM »
I can tell you a few anecdotes out of memory if it helps.

In the Quran, Muhammad boasts that although he is illiterate he knows perfectly the stories of the bible. He actually gives this a proof that he is a true profet, because god must have told him these stories himself since he is an illiterate moron and all. But in fact every reference to biblical stories in the Quran is completely wrong, distorted even to the point of absurd. For example, according to the Quran, Haman, the evil vizier of Persia from the book of Esther, is the Vizier of the Pharaoh in exodus. Never mind the gap of 1000 years and completely different location. Also, Miriam sister of Moses from exodus, is identified with Mary mother of Jesus. These two examples show what an ignorant moron the prophet really was. In other cases the distortion seems evil and deliberate, like for example that the story of the binding of Issac on mount Moriah (the temple mount of later days), took place in Meccah with Ishmael rather than Issac.

Offline christians4jews

• Master JTFer
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2011, 05:37:56 PM »
I can tell you a few anecdotes out of memory if it helps.

In the Quran, Muhammad boasts that although he is illiterate he knows perfectly the stories of the bible. He actually gives this a proof that he is a true profet, because G-d must have told him these stories himself since he is an illiterate moron and all. But in fact every reference to biblical stories in the Quran is completely wrong, distorted even to the point of absurd. For example, according to the Quran, Haman, the evil vizier of Persia from the book of Esther, is the Vizier of the Pharaoh in exodus. Never mind the gap of 1000 years and completely different location. Also, Miriam sister of Moses from exodus, is identified with Mary mother of Jesus. These two examples show what an ignorant moron the prophet really was. In other cases the distortion seems evil and deliberate, like for example that the story of the binding of Issac on mount Moriah (the temple mount of later days), took place in Meccah with Ishmael rather than Issac.

cheers mate, this is EXACTLY the kind of stuff i need.

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2011, 07:51:17 PM »
There's some good stuff on youtube by rabbi mizrahi about that.  (I think that was his name).

Offline christians4jews

• Master JTFer
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2011, 06:58:21 PM »
cheers guys.

My thread got deleted in the end. Its basically a uk forum  for uni students. It had loads of muslims(uk forum so what ya expect) ,so i did a thread in the religion section called " Islam teaches muslims to be evil".

I basically quoted from sites such  as "answering islam" and "prophet of doom"(craig winn), bringing up how mohammed was anti semitic, a nazi, peado, rapist, dog killer etc.

You know what, the muslims got so angry they logged on pretending to be a "christian" or "agnosic" ,but backing the quran while slating the bible. It was quality.

One muslim said what i posted was very "offensive", so when i said "all ive done is post islamic scripture", you guessed it, he/she never returned.

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2011, 07:21:53 PM »
What I want to know is how do muslims stick to the Quran even when it is proven to them as a piece of filth and lies.

Offline Debbie Shafer

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: the Jewish Bible verses the quran
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2011, 08:57:21 AM »
Great Idea.  The Koran looses Hands Down on human Rights, Love,  and the true creator.