Author Topic: We should all petition A&E to make a biography of the Rav.  (Read 2174 times)

Offline cosmokramer

• Pro JTFer
We should all petition A&E to make a biography of the Rav.
« on: June 07, 2007, 11:01:54 PM »
Who thinks that if we do this, Calling A&E and having a Biography episode about him, that JTF would get some exposure? Chaim also could be interviewed on that show?

Who thinks this is a good idea?

Offline cosmokramer

• Pro JTFer
Re: We should all petition A&E to make a biography of the Rav.
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2007, 11:52:36 PM »
True.

Joe Schmo

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2007, 12:25:47 AM »
Its funny.  To think of how appealing Rabbi Kahane is to righteous gentiles.  If only they ALL knew who he was. 

I can say, as a gentile, that Rabbi Kahane was one of the Greatest Men of the twentieth century.

Offline Ehud

• Master JTFer
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2007, 04:39:38 AM »
What about the History Channel?  They could make a documentary on Rabbi Kahane and the rise of the JDL movement and campaign to free Soviet Jewry.  I think that would have sufficient interest.  Not only was it an important historical Jewish movement, but it also is significant because it would deal with civil rights issues around the 60s and 70s such as affirmative action, violence, relations with blacks in the city, civil rights, etc.  It would be an important documentary about American history, not just Jewish history.

I think in the end it would be too controversial and politically incorrect for any of the cable networks.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2007, 04:43:05 AM by Z. Jabotinsky »
"The Jews will eventually have to face up to what you're dealing with here.  The arabs will never love you for what good you've brought them.  They don't know how to really love.  But hate!  Oh, G-d, can they hate!  And they have a deep, deep, deep resentment because you have jolted them from their delusions of grandeur and shown them for what they are-a decadent, savage people controlled by a religion that has stripped them of all human ambition . . . except for the few cruel enough and arrogant enough to command them as one commands a mob of sheep.  You are dealing with a mad society and you'd better learn how to control it."

-Excerpt from The Haj by Leon Uris

Offline TheCoon

• Master JTFer
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2007, 07:08:35 AM »
They would bring on Shelly Rubin as a character witness.
The city isn't what it used to be. It all happened so fast. Everything went to crap. It's like... everyone's sense of morals just disappeared. Bad economy made things worse. Jobs started drying up, then the stores had to shut down. Then a black man was elected president. He was supposed to change things. He didn't. More and more people turned to crime and violence... The town becomes gripped with fear. Dark times, dark times... I am the hero this town needs. I am... The Coon!!!

Allen-T

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2007, 07:42:02 AM »
Its funny.  To think of how appealing Rabbi Kahane is to righteous gentiles.  If only they ALL knew who he was. 

I can say, as a gentile, that Rabbi Kahane was one of the Greatest Men of the twentieth century.

Agreed, in fact their is only maybe a few Christian scholars that I would put above him. He would be the top non-Christian.