Author Topic: Maddonas Kabbalah Center Bites the Dust  (Read 805 times)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Maddonas Kabbalah Center Bites the Dust
« on: April 05, 2011, 08:25:57 PM »
This is great news. That false Kabbalah center which Madonna made famous is now being sued and is being exposed for the fraud it is. I have all along known that this false Kabbalah was going to lead to lawsuits and defamation of the name of Hashem {Chillul Hashem}.

Kabbalah is not something which should be learned or taught lightly. While there are times when I will try to explain Jewish concepts using Kabbalah I do not profess to know even the tip of the knowledge of Kabbalah. There are occasions when Kabbalistic ideas assist us in understanding difficult concepts but usually these concepts are themselves very deep and difficult to understand.

http://www.newsweek.com/2011/04/03/madonna-s-malawi-disaster.html

Madonna's Malawi Disaster

One year ago, Madonna squatted in the rust-colored dirt of a sprawling empty lot outside Lilongwe, the capital of Malawi, one of the poorest countries in the world. With curious villagers and invited photographers crowding around, she laid the ceremonial first brick for a planned $15 million girls’ academy, a noble mission in a nation where only 27 percent of girls attend secondary school. In a blog post on the website of her Raising Malawi foundation, she wrote that the brick, inscribed with the words “Dare to Dream,” was “not just the bedrock to a school—it is a foundation for our shared future.”

Last week it was announced that the future would not be built. Despite the fundraising success of Raising Malawi, which collected a reported $18 million in donations and spent $3.8 million on the planned academy, the girls’ school has been abandoned and the Raising Malawi foundation has imploded.

From its inception in 2006, the pop superstar has been the face of Raising Malawi, generating headlines around the world by adopting two Malawian children, writing and producing a documentary about Malawian orphans, and hosting high-profile fundraisers, including a star-studded event in 2008 co-hosted by Gucci in a 42,000-square-foot transparent tent on the north lawn of United Nations headquarters. “I want credibility as a philanthropic organization,” Madonna told the $2,500-a-plate crowd.

To understand what went wrong, one has to look at Madonna’s partner in the foundation, a mysterious and controversial organization called the Kabbalah Centre International, which is now a focus of federal investigators. The center is a Jewish mystical organization that follows a set of esoteric teachings called Kabbalah, which adherents believe explains the relationship between humans and their creator and our true purpose in the universe. Madonna has said that she turned to Kabbalah in 1996 when she was pregnant, exhausted from Evita, and looking for an anchor. Since then she has reportedly donated at least $18 million of her personal fortune to the Kabbalah Centre.

The center was founded by Philip Berg, a Brooklyn-born New York Life insurance agent whose first wife happened to be the niece of a famous Kabbalist, Rabbi Yehuda Brandwein. Berg sired eight children with her, but soon after the rabbi’s death in 1969 he left his wife for his former secretary, Karen. Two years later they launched their own idiosyncratic brand of Kabbalism, popularizing what had until then been teachings reserved for advanced Talmudic scholars. The Bergs eventually expanded to 77 centers and study groups around the world.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
Re: Maddonas Kabbalah Center Bites the Dust
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2011, 10:04:43 PM »
So it's wrong for Madonna to have a phony "kabbalah center" but Elizabeth Taylor died a good Jew in your eyes?

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2011, 10:23:04 PM »
So it's wrong for Madonna to have a phony "kabbalah center" but Elizabeth Taylor died a good Jew in your eyes?

I never said Taylor was a 'good Jew'.... I said that she was at least buried according to Jewish tradition. Taylor also was an outspoken supporter of Israel as opposed to Madonna who has said nothing, in my recollection, in support of Israel...

Also I have never heard that Madonna ever had a formal conversion...

Liz Taylor went through at least a basic formal conversion {certainly not according to Halacha}

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elizabeth_Taylor
Biographer Alexander Walker suggests that Elizabeth's conversion to Judaism at the age of 27 and her life-long support for Israel, may have been influenced by views she heard at home. Walker notes that Cazalet actively campaigned for a Jewish homeland, and her mother also worked in various charities, which included sponsoring fundraisers for Zionism. Her mother recalls the influence that Cazalet had on Elizabeth:
Jewish causes

After her conversion to Judaism, Taylor worked for Jewish causes throughout her life.[39] In 1959, her large-scale purchase of Israeli Bonds triggered Arab boycotts of her films.[40] In 1962, she was barred from entering Egypt to complete Cleopatra; its government announced that "that Miss Taylor will not be allowed to come to Egypt because she has adopted the Jewish faith and 'supports Israeli causes.'" In 1974, Taylor and Richard Burton considered marrying in Israel, but could not because Burton was not Jewish.[41] Taylor helped to raise money for organizations such as the Jewish National Fund; advocated for the right of Soviet Jews to emigate to Israel and canceled a visit to the USSR because of its condemnation of Israel due to the Six-Day War; signed a letter protesting the United Nations General Assembly Resolution 3379 of 1975; and offered herself as a replacement hostage during the 1976 Entebbe skyjacking.[40]
« Last Edit: April 05, 2011, 10:28:18 PM by muman613 »
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2011, 10:36:32 PM »
I'm not defending Madonna here.  But I think I should point something out. 

A few years ago, Madonna when there was news Madonna was to perform in Israel, she received threats from fakestinian terrorists.  However, she still went ahead with her concert in Israel, and even wrapped herself up in the Israeli flag, along with her daughter Lourdes. 

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2011, 10:45:25 PM »
that fraud imitation kabala center is embroiled in a sex scandal, big surprise of course.   Usually the kabalah fanatics who distort it and want to share their distortions with everyone are sex perverts

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2011, 11:22:58 PM »
I'm not defending Madonna here.  But I think I should point something out. 

A few years ago, Madonna when there was news Madonna was to perform in Israel, she received threats from fakestinian terrorists.  However, she still went ahead with her concert in Israel, and even wrapped herself up in the Israeli flag, along with her daughter Lourdes. 

i'm sorry, Lisa...but she called GW Bush a Nazi and did lots of  Nazi like stuff....

Madonna is no friend of the Jews.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2011, 08:53:29 PM »
Don't be sorry Dr. Dan.  I'm not saying she's a friend of the Jews.  But I'm just glad she didn't give in to those fakestinian terror threats.  She probably wrapped herself in the Israeli flag to poke those camel rapists in the eye.