Author Topic: Bibles = Trash. Korans = Delicate Art.  (Read 1472 times)

Offline Spiraling Leopard

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • Eternal Vigilance
    • PIGtube-channel:
Bibles = Trash. Korans = Delicate Art.
« on: April 21, 2011, 05:49:23 AM »
http://chicksontheright.com/2011/04/19/bibles-trash-korans-delicate-art/

A clever and competent reader sent me a link that totally enraged me, and got me simultaneously afraid that Ann Barnhardt would see it, and HOPEFUL that she would, so that she would make another kickass video and GO OFF on whoever in our government is responsible for this crap.

According to the sourcelink, our own government burned many copies of the Bible (written in two languages spoken in Afghanistan) which were sent to US soldiers at an Air Base in Bagram, because if the bibles got out “…it could be perceived by Afghans that the U.S. government or the U.S. military was trying to convert Muslims.” OMG CAN YOU IMAGINE THE HORROR.

It’s a military rule that US troops burn their trash, and so that was the fate of these Bibles. See – they couldn’t simply send them back to the church, because military officers “worried the church would turn around and send them to another organization in Afghanistan — giving the impression that they had been distributed by the U.S. government.” Because we wouldn’t want to be accused of spreading Christianity over there when we’re supposed to be busy killing people and stuff. You know.

Now, let’s all remember the various FREAKOUTS that were had by all sorts of people in our government about that dude in Florida burning a Koran. Lindsay Graham and Hillary Clinton and General Petraeus were all horrified by the thought of a lone guy in Florida doing that. But burning a whole bunch of copies of the Bible? No problem. They were “trash,” you see.

The sourcelink also provided a peek at official military procedures when it comes to handling the ever-so-precious Koran. You won’t believe it. It’s THREE PAGES of specific instructions on how not to offend Muslim DETAINEES with respect to their holy book. These instructions include (emphasis mine), “Two hands will be used at all times when handling the Koran in manner signaling respect and reverence. Care should be used so that the right hand is the primary one used to manipulate any part of the Koran due to the cultural association with the left hand. Handle the Koran as if it were a fragile piece of delicate art”.

So let’s all be clear how the military prioritizes. Please see the title of this post.