Author Topic: I just saw all the videos on bejewish.org  (Read 1875 times)

Offline Chai

• Pro JTFer
I just saw all the videos on bejewish.org
« on: June 07, 2011, 04:09:58 AM »
Who else has seen it? Indeed some of the videos he seemingly  praises  Ha Rav Kahane , like in the gun clip. He is a good speaker.

In another one, he criticizes chabad for the welcome moshaich and vans that have a cron on his picture and say "lets welcome moshiach" , since I  am not chabad I do not know if this is true (fully)  I would love input.

In another Video the rabbi encourages Jews to  proselytize.  Im not sure Jews should proselytize, I never really thought if it  is but this rabbi seems to argue for it. I dont , and this post is not one of conversion but what you think about Jews doing it in general (outside of JTF)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Re: I just saw all the videos on bejewish.org
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2011, 04:11:38 AM »
Who else has seen it? Indeed some of the videos he seemingly  praises  Ha Rav Kahane , like in the gun clip. He is a good speaker.

In another one, he criticizes chabad for the welcome moshaich and vans that have a cron on his picture and say "lets welcome moshiach" , since I  am not chabad I do not know if this is true (fully)  I would love input.

In another Video the rabbi encourages Jews to  proselytize.  Im not sure Jews should proselytize, I never really thought if it  is but this rabbi seems to argue for it. I dont , and this post is not one of conversion but what you think about Jews doing it in general (outside of JTF)

Who is the Rabbi?

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2011, 04:13:06 AM »
Oh, it is about people who are thinking about converting...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2011, 04:15:06 AM »
Regarding your comment about Chabad... There is a small minority of Chabad followers who make the crazy claim that Rebbe was Moshiach. But I have discussed this with several Chabad Rabbis and I do not believe that he was Moshiach, nor do the Rabbis I talk with.

I would say ask them openly about it and if they say something which sounds strange then you will know...

Offline Chai

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2011, 09:15:39 AM »
Yea I remember one replying  like this "yea , of course he is still alive"

you nailed it, it was a very off and vague response like you said , and he seemed upset I asked.

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2011, 06:56:25 PM »
What he said about chabad is true unfortunately they have a lot of crowns and flags proclaiming an incorrect messiah.

As to proseltyzing that's his own opinion most if not all rabbis would be against that, to me I think its a waste of time.  Look how many Jews there are who need outreach.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom

Offline BritishSword

• Pro JTFer
    • Lawful Rebellion
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2011, 10:26:55 PM »
I've seen this.
I don't appreciate being preached to  and besides this rabbi is not a zionist. His outlook is that jews should remain in the diaspora and preach to people from there. Are you sure you saw ALL the videos?
  The first thing I checked for was his outlook on zionism.
I'm British. I'm Sharp.  I'm Deadly.
I am BritishSword

6a55022f0e321cd66b22318630573230965751cf

Offline edu

• Master JTFer
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2011, 01:01:15 PM »
Kahane-Was-Right BT
As to proseltyzing that's his own opinion most if not all rabbis would be against that, to me I think its a waste of time.  Look how many Jews there are who need outreach.
My guess is that you are representing the viewpoint of the majority of rabbis.
However, my personal viewpoint, based on the writings of the disciple of the Vilna Gaon in Kol Hator is that sanctifying G-d's name in the eyes of the Gentiles, will be the cause of Jews doing Teshuva.
As the verse in Psalms chapter 126 (verses 2 and 3) says
אָז יֹאמְרוּ בַגּוֹיִם הִגְדִּיל ה' לַעֲשׂוֹת עִם אֵלֶּה
 הִגְדִּיל ה' לַעֲשׂוֹת עִמָּנוּ הָיִינוּ שְׂמֵחִים
Namely, when the Gentiles start proclaiming G-d has done great things to the Jewish people, this convinces the non-religious Jew, much more than the sermon of a great Rabbi, because unfortunately, the words of the Gentiles are more convincing or persuasive to someone who is on a low spiritual level.
You could however, argue we have no need to speak to them to convince them. When we do the right actions the sanctification of G-d will take place automatically.

Offline edu

• Master JTFer
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2011, 05:31:43 PM »
I didn't see the bejewish.org videos until now. I was under the impression that he was just trying to encourage non-jews to be noachides.
I saw, however, that this is not the case. Instead he is trying to encourage everyone to be Jewish.
I believe the Rabbis were not favorable to encourage mass conversions because historically they ended up doing vast injury and problems to the Jewish people, such as, during the times of the Erev Rav.
Rambam who the author of bejewish.org likes to quote a lot, also had the same reluctance and suspicion as everyone else and only wanted sincere converts and wished to discourage every one else from entering the jewish people. See Mishna Torah , Issurei Biah chapter 13 from Halacha 14 till the end.

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2011, 02:45:11 AM »
Kahane-Was-Right BTMy guess is that you are representing the viewpoint of the majority of rabbis.
However, my personal viewpoint, based on the writings of the disciple of the Vilna Gaon in Kol Hator is that sanctifying G-d's name in the eyes of the Gentiles, will be the cause of Jews doing Teshuva.
As the verse in Psalms chapter 126 (verses 2 and 3) says
אָז יֹאמְרוּ בַגּוֹיִם הִגְדִּיל ה' לַעֲשׂוֹת עִם אֵלֶּה
 הִגְדִּיל ה' לַעֲשׂוֹת עִמָּנוּ הָיִינוּ שְׂמֵחִים
Namely, when the Gentiles start proclaiming G-d has done great things to the Jewish people, this convinces the non-religious Jew, much more than the sermon of a great Rabbi, because unfortunately, the words of the Gentiles are more convincing or persuasive to someone who is on a low spiritual level.
You could however, argue we have no need to speak to them to convince them. When we do the right actions the sanctification of G-d will take place automatically.

I have nothing against a rabbi sanctifying God's name to the gentiles (and the Jews), but I was speaking against trying to convert gentiles.   God made them non-Jews, and this rabbi seems to want to undo God's work and make them Jews.

Offline edu

• Master JTFer
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2011, 05:38:22 PM »
Kahane-Was-Right BT :
I have nothing against a rabbi sanctifying G-d's name to the gentiles (and the Jews), but I was speaking against trying to convert gentiles.   G-d made them non-Jews, and this rabbi seems to want to undo   G-d's work and make them Jews.
I too was bothered  by the web site's attempt to turn everyone into a Jew.

Offline Secularbeliever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2011, 06:34:46 PM »
Yea I remember one replying  like this "yea , of course he is still alive"

you nailed it, it was a very off and vague response like you said , and he seemed upset I asked.

I have a friend who is Orthodox and attends Chabad services with me, who says that some Chabad followers do not believe that Rabbi Schneerson is really dead.
We all need to pray for Barack Obama, may the Lord provide him a safe move back to Chicago in January 2,013.

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2011, 06:45:55 PM »
Regarding your comment about Chabad... There is a small minority of Chabad followers who make the crazy claim that Rebbe was Moshiach. But I have discussed this with several Chabad Rabbis and I do not believe that he was Moshiach, nor do the Rabbis I talk with.

I would say ask them openly about it and if they say something which sounds strange then you will know...

I'm interested in this.  Did you ask any of your rabbis point-blank "Do you believe the Rebbe was/is moschiah?"   And did they say "No."   ?      Or was it something else like you asked if everyone believes that and he said some people believe it.. or some other indirect answer  ?    I'm interested to see how many Chabad rabbis will flat out say No, the Rebbe is not still alive, and No, the Rebbe was NOT (and will not be) moschiah, period.