Author Topic: Why I think 'Journalists' on Flotilla should be Banned or Shot  (Read 605 times)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
I think that Israel made a grave mistake in rescinding the statement that any journalists who are caught on board any flotilla ship will have their press credentials stripped and will never again be able to visit Israel legally. I would have added that any press member who is caught giving aide and assistance to anyone engaged in violence against an IDF officer would be liable to be shot.

These 'journalists' are only going along to give aid and comfort to terrorists. They are even worse than the terrorists themselves because they wield the power of the pen which some think is mightier than the sword. While they whine and complain about freedom of press and freedom of expression but it is strange that their only expression is supporting so-called palestinian terrorists in the Jewish land. Where is their 'journalism' covering the constant missile attacks, suicide bombers, and antisemitic rhetoric which the PA considers entertainment?

No, these terrorist supporting 'journalists' should not be given a free pass. They should obey the same rules as any terrorist...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Re: Why I think 'Journalists' on Flotilla should be Banned or Shot
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2011, 02:22:15 PM »
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/06/28/world/middleeast/28israel.html

Israel Rescinds Threat to Reporters on Flotilla
By ISABEL KERSHNER
Published: June 27, 2011

JERUSALEM — Israel on Monday set aside its warning of a day earlier that any foreign journalists aboard a flotilla planning to challenge Israel’s naval blockade of Gaza risked being barred from Israel for up to a decade and having their equipment impounded.

In addition, the office of the prime minister, Benjamin Netanyahu, issued a statement on Monday saying that he had instructed the relevant authorities to formulate a special procedure for journalists covering the flotilla bound for Gaza on the assumption that they would end up in Israel.

Officials said that the earlier decision had been taken by bureaucratic staff, who applied to journalists the regular policy against infiltrators and those who enter Israel illegally.

The Foreign Press Association in Israel issued a statement welcoming the turnabout, saying it was pleased to see that Israel “understands that journalists should be treated differently from political activists.”

Moshe Yaalon, the minister for strategic affairs, said on Monday that he had first heard of the decision on the morning news, “like the prime minister did,” and that it was “problematic.”

“I don’t think it is possible today, in the modern era, to block the media,” Mr. Yaalon told Israel Radio. “And since there will be media, better that we don’t clash with it.”
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2011, 02:24:05 PM »
Imagine a flotilla filled with 'Journalists'.... Now they have a way of breaking the blockade!

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2011, 01:29:05 AM »
This article makes this all the more dangerous:

http://israelmatzav.blogspot.com/2011/06/just-sink-ships.html

IDF sources have outlined some extremely troubling scenarios that could develop on the upcoming flotilla of fools.

IDF sources claimed Monday night that new intelligence information obtained by Israel in recent days shows that participants of the flotilla planning to break Israel’s sea blockade over the Gaza Strip later this week plan to kill IDF soldiers who board their ships.

According to the information obtained by the IDF, some of the participants have prepared a number of sacks with sulfur, which they plan to pour on the soldiers as they board the vessels.

“This is a chemical weapon and if poured on a soldier it can paralyze him,” an IDF source told The Jerusalem Post Monday night. “If the sulfur is then lit on fire, the soldier will light up like a torch.”

The information was obtained from closed meetings held by participants on the ships during which some voiced their intention to “murder Israeli soldiers,” according to the IDF. Also, despite earlier predictions that members of the Turkish organization IHH would not participate in the flotilla, it now appears that some members will sail with the ships alongside additional radical Islamic activists.

The IDF sources also claimed that the military had also succeeded in linking activists involved in the flotilla to Hamas and that charities run by the Palestinian terrorist organization were providing financial and logistical support for the flotilla.

Offline Ulli

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2011, 01:46:41 AM »
I think that Israel made a grave mistake in rescinding the statement that any journalists who are caught on board any flotilla ship will have their press credentials stripped and will never again be able to visit Israel legally. I would have added that any press member who is caught giving aide and assistance to anyone engaged in violence against an IDF officer would be liable to be shot.

These 'journalists' are only going along to give aid and comfort to terrorists. They are even worse than the terrorists themselves because they wield the power of the pen which some think is mightier than the sword. While they whine and complain about freedom of press and freedom of expression but it is strange that their only expression is supporting so-called palestinian terrorists in the Jewish land. Where is their 'journalism' covering the constant missile attacks, suicide bombers, and antisemitic rhetoric which the PA considers entertainment?

No, these terrorist supporting 'journalists' should not be given a free pass. They should obey the same rules as any terrorist...

Yes you are right. This "journalists" support of cause the evil agenda of the flotilla. This are radical elements.
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani