Author Topic: I want to know what people think about this  (Read 495 times)

Offline jbeige

• Senior JTFer
I want to know what people think about this
« on: June 29, 2011, 05:48:48 PM »
I had a business associate who is Turkish and is muslim, she's very nice and I even asked her about the Koran and she told me that she does not follow everything in the koran, she says that a lot of the things in there are out of date with the real world we live in now.  She said it's nonsense to think like they did thousands of years ago.
She dresses normal, is well educated and is in the business world, how should the Jewish people and everyone else view her?
I hope it's ok to write this and ask this question.
Thank you.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Re: I want to know what people think about this
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2011, 06:20:37 PM »
I would maintain a professional relationship with her and avoid discussion politics or religion. I would not trust such a person as a friend or acquaintance... It does not matter if she believes everything in the Koran... Just believing in any of it is enough for a person to be affected by the evil ideology of islam. I have several co-workers who are muslim and I avoid getting personal with them...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2011, 06:23:27 PM »
I don't trust people who stick to Islam even in this mild form. There is always a good chance that they or their children would revert to true Islam like we see in Turkey today and have seen in virtually every other so called secular muslim country from Indonesia to Bosnia.

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2011, 08:44:38 PM »
They have to go the extra step and denounce Islam, not just say they don't follow Islam that seriously.

I had several 'Turkish' colleagues in business school, and they all said they were not very religious, but the more I got to know them, the more I found out they were exactly like every other Muslim.  They hate the west, they hate America, and they dispise Israel.

At the time, I didnt care, but NOW I look back and am sickened by them.

Islam is like Naziism.  yes, there may have been some Germans who grew up in Nazi Germany who didnt take Hitler seriously, and who never read Mein Kampf, but unless they denounce the idiology altogether, I will not associate with them.... EVER!