Author Topic: More and more people are having this attitude on circumcision  (Read 948 times)

Offline Chai

• Pro JTFer
I believe San-Fran will ban circumcision, maybe not this time around ,but soon.

I believe the separation of church and state argument will fail because already laws banning other religious practices taking certain types of  substances and certain sacrifices ,this too will fall there.

« Last Edit: July 13, 2011, 03:38:06 AM by Chai »

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Re: More and more people are having this attitude on circumcision
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2011, 03:14:53 AM »
I think this time it will fail, and although they will try again I think that Jews in San Francisco will work hard to make sure it does not happen. This is what happened in Santa Monica where I know two friends, one Jewish and one not... The Jews in Santa Monica made sure that this issue did not appear on the ballot.

San Franciscos is obviously antisemitic. That comic book was evil...
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2011, 03:19:59 AM »
They want us to give up hope and forget being Jews. That whole 'mutilation' rigamaroll is propaganda. I was circumcised and I have no shame about it, and I have said this in forums... If non-Jews don't want to be circumcised, so be it... But a Jew must be, and in order to pass on the covenant it is necessary to perform this.

I think that Hashem is letting this happen so that we may come to believe what Rabbi Kahane, and now Shifra Hoffman, are saying about the possibility of a Holocaust against the Jews in America. I used to believe that this was just fantasy, but if Ron Paul and other anti-semites gain more power we may be looking at dark times for Jews in America.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2011, 03:28:42 AM »
By the way, the legal argument against this is not 'separation of church and state'... I believe that the lawyers have considered the case carefully. If this challenge to the law is upheld, the proposition will not even come to a vote...

http://tpmmuckraker.talkingpointsmemo.com/2011/06/jews_muslims_file_suit_against_proposed_circumcisi.php

A proposal in San Francisco to ban the circumcision of males under 18 is facing a legal challenge after opponents filed suit to block the measure from the ballot in November.

The Anti-Defamation League, the Jewish Community Relations Council of San Francisco and number of Jewish and Muslim individuals filed suit Wednesday, saying San Francisco would have no power to enforce the ban.

"Existing California law is clear," Nancy Appel, ADL's associate director in San Francisco, said in a statement. "Only the state can make rules about medical procedures and this initiative violates that law. Not only does this initiative waste time, energy and expense, but it also offends the notions of parental rights and freedom of religion. It is unconstitutional and, as we allege in this lawsuit, contrary to California law."

The ADL's release urges a judge to strike down the proposal before November, in order to "spare the city and its residents from wasting resources debating and voting on an ordinance that cannot become law."

The "Male Genital Mutilation Bill" garnered the more than 7,000 signatures needed to get on the ballot in November. Lloyd Schofield, director of the San Francisco office of the MGM Bill organization, aired his grievances with circumcision in a heated discussion with celebrity rabbi Shmuley Boteach on CNN last month.

"It's a human right to have intact genitals, unless you choose otherwise" Schofield said. He claims the proposal intends to "protect the rights of men to choose for themselves when they're old if they want to become circumcised."

Opponents of the measure say it violates the First Amendment. "I think it's un-American, I really do," Abigail Michelson Porth, associate director of the Committee For Parental Choice & Religious Freedom, told Reuters. The group is one of the leading opponents of the measure.

If the proposal passes, circumcisions would become a misdemeanor offense carrying a fine of up to $1,000 or up to one year in jail.

Read more here.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2011, 03:32:04 AM »
Here is the story about the proposed, and retracted ban in Santa Monica...

http://www.smmirror.com/?ajax#mode=single&view=32337

Circumcision Ban Withdrawn from Santa Monica
posted Jun. 10, 2011, 7:02:00 am
About one week after a San Diego-based organization filed paperwork with Santa Monica’s City Clerk’s office to place a measure on the ballot banning male circumcisions, MGMBill.org appears to be retreating. According to various sources, Jena Troutman, a key advocate in favor of the male circumcision ban who filed the paperwork in Santa Monica, withdrew her proposed ballot measure on June 7. Later that day, a segment on KCRW’s Which Way, L.A? confirmed the news.

City Attorney Marsha Jones Moutrie said the proposed ballot measure, at least in its current form, indeed appears to be dead in the Santa Monica water, but the group is still moving forward with its campaign elsewhere.

“My understanding is that the measure is being withdrawn in Santa Monica but proceeding in San Francisco. I believe there will be a legal challenge there,” Moutrie said.

The proposed ballot measure would have banned circumcisions in the city for anyone under the age of 18. It also called for jail time and/or an imposition of $1,000 fine upon would-be violators.

A similarly proposed ban has already made it onto the November 2011 ballot in San Francisco.

Jonah Lowenfeld of the Jewish Journal appeared on KCRW’s Which Way, L.A.? program on June 7, speaking with host Warren Olney of the withdrawn proposal and the reasons why Troutman and MGMBill.org have packed up their bags in Santa Monica, at least for now.

“She didn’t want the conversation to be about religious freedom,” Lowenfeld told Olney on the June 7 radio broadcast, adding the proposed ballot measure “did not give any exceptions for religion” in applying the circumcision ban to local hospitals.

Delving deeper in the issue, Lowenfeld further discussed with Olney the future of a potential ban on circumcision in Santa Monica and whether such a proposal and eventual legislation could ever exist without political controversies looming in the background.

“I don’t know how much of a taste she has for a big political fight, and I think it really will be a big political fight,” Lowenfeld explained on Which Way, L.A.?

Even more, Lowenfeld said while Monday’s withdrawal did not necessarily mean the issue is dead in Santa Monica, the success of any proposal to ban male circumcisions would require several concessions and a significant balancing of interests.

“The question would be is if the proponents of these kinds of measures could separate out the religious exemption. If they could give a religious exemption that would say to Jews and to Muslims and to other people who practice this by custom, that they could practice this without going to jail or without being fined $1,000, that may not necessarily get any sort of opposition.”

Offline Chai

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2011, 03:41:30 AM »
Very good points but I am ignorant in law , im sure a more intelligent anti-semite can find away around this. The enemy should not be underestimated .

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2011, 04:49:54 PM »
They want us to give up hope and forget being Jews. That whole 'mutilation' rigamaroll is propaganda. I was circumcised and I have no shame about it, and I have said this in forums... If non-Jews don't want to be circumcised, so be it... But a Jew must be, and in order to pass on the covenant it is necessary to perform this.

I think that Hashem is letting this happen so that we may come to believe what Rabbi Kahane, and now Shifra Hoffman, are saying about the possibility of a Holocaust against the Jews in America. I used to believe that this was just fantasy, but if Ron Paul and other anti-semites gain more power we may be looking at dark times for Jews in America.

Wow, I posted this last night and it seems like Tamar Yonah read it because her show today is about this very topic {the one I attributed to her (though Shifra Hoffman) in my post}...

Shifra Hoffman is again on Tamar Yonahs A7 radio show and her topic today:

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/Radio/News.aspx/3270

Audio: Jewish Pride
7/13/2011 4:37:00 PM

A7 Radio's "The Tamar Yonah Show" with Tamar Yonah

Can a Holocaust Happen in America? Tune in for the latest news stories pertaining to the Middle East and the Jewish world. Shifra Hoffman guest hosts. Plus Prof. Paul Eidelberg talks about true democracy in Israel.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2011, 07:44:57 AM »
That video's entire premise is that the parents should not teach their own religion to their children but let the child decide for themselves if they want to follow it or not. So if you believe that the Bible is really true and you accept the moral rules set down in that as being the right ones, you're somehow not supposed to pass on that knowledge to your children or teach them about God until they're independent adults? That's horrible. If I had any kids they would grow up Christian. None of that New Age, find your own path crap.

They say they're not anti-Jewish, but they basically want to stop Jews from existing in one generation by telling all Jews not to pass their beliefs and traditions on to their own children. That's the most anti-Semitic thing they could possibly say!

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2011, 07:57:10 PM »
Good point Rubystars. They are clever, backdoor anti-Semites. They know they won't get far using the Pedofront approach so they're using honey instead of the sick. Nice try, Nazis.

Offline Meerkat

• Master JTFer
  • Yemach Shmam to Egypt and Iran
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2011, 02:47:37 AM »
if it wasnt for the foreskin man comic, id probably not accuse these dreck munchers of being antisemitic(not that i would support it).