Author Topic: Crazy Austrian Atheist gets License with Macaroni strainer on head  (Read 1779 times)

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/trending-now/weirdest-driver-license-ever-queen-facebook-potter-takes-155129060.html   

Says he belongs to "the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster," :o :o  video with link 

Austrian Niko Alm fought for three years before he was able to take his driver's license photo. Austrian authorities had issues with Alm's preferred headgear: a pasta strainer.

Trending Now
But this week he finally was able to take the picture how he wanted, thanks to Austria's religious freedom laws. Alm is a self-described member of "the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster," which is spiking off the charts in Yahoo! Search. The satirical religion, also known as "pastafarianism," rejects creationism and says that an invisible flying spaghetti monster created the universe. The spaghetti church, which is headed by a "pastafarian primavera," was founded in 2005 when Kansas schools were under pressure to teach the theory of intelligent design rather than evolution. On his blog, Alm wrote, "Today I was able to get my new driving license, and in it you can clearly see that I'm wearing a colander on my head to demonstrate my allegiance to the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster." It took three years for Alm to be able to take the photo, because he had to prove that he was psychologically fit to drive.
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Re: Crazy Austrian Atheist gets License with Macaroni strainer on head
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2011, 02:15:00 PM »
This smacks of mental illness gone wild... But in an age where moral relativism rules nobody can do anything to stop the mentally insane from acting like lunatics.
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Meerkat

• Master JTFer
  • Yemach Shmam to Egypt and Iran
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2011, 02:29:09 PM »
let him do it, dont give him much attention. that really isnt hurting anybody. if he isnt pushing an (anti)religious agenda, i don't care.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2011, 03:47:01 PM »
let him do it, dont give him much attention. that really isnt hurting anybody. if he isnt pushing an (anti)religious agenda, i don't care.

Are you joking? It is obvious he is fighting a war against G-d... And to say that he isn't hurting anyone is false, the attention he has gotten has already caused many people to take his apostasy seriously. The whole concept of considering his false fantasy world a religion sets a very dangerous precedent.

A) Spaghetti was invented by man.
B) To say that you are against creationism means that you think everything happened due to random mutation.
C) Spaghetti will never be created through random mutation.

Maybe you believe that there could be a spaghetti monster deity in some alternate universe... But it stands in stark contrast to the firm belief of Jews that there is ONLY ONE G-D and he rules all the worlds... He created everything including time, space, and matter. He even created all sensation and ideas...

Another point is that his religion is obviously a form of Idolatry... And to a Jew this is the ultimate insult to our G-d...

« Last Edit: July 15, 2011, 03:53:36 PM by muman613 »
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline Meerkat

• Master JTFer
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2011, 03:56:15 PM »
Are you joking? It is obvious he is fighting a war against G-d... And to say that he isn't hurting anyone is false, the attention he has gotten has already caused many people to take his apostasy seriously. The whole concept of considering his false fantasy world a religion sets a very dangerous precedent.

A) Spaghetti was invented by man.
B) To say that you are against creationism means that you think everything happened due to random mutation.
C) Spaghetti will never be created through random mutation.

Maybe you believe that there could be a spaghetti monster G-d in some alternate universe... But it stands in stark contrast to the firm belief of Jews that there is ONLY ONE G-D and he rules all the worlds... He created everything including time, space, and matter. He even created all sensation and ideas...

i am not a pastafarian, im only saying that this guy does not need or deserve attention, positive or negative attention.

the life on earth didn't happen only because of random mutation, natural selection played a very important role as well.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2011, 03:58:18 PM »

i am not a pastafarian, im only saying that this guy does not need or deserve attention, positive or negative attention.

the life on earth didn't happen only because of random mutation, natural selection played a very important role as well.

But who created the material to be used by 'natural selection' as you suggest? Did it just happen? Or was it created from nothing as we Jews believe?

Who created the systems and laws of nature? Or was that a complete mistake also?

Who created wisdom and knowledge and the very ability to create?

Also, do you believe that spaghetti evolved on its own, or was it created by man?

I also ask these questions to the many people where I work who believe we are descendents of aliens.... Who created the aliens, or did they just create themselves?

Offline Meerkat

• Master JTFer
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2011, 04:09:39 PM »
But who created the material to be used by 'natural selection' as you suggest? Did it just happen? Or was it created from nothing as we Jews believe?

Who created the systems and laws of nature? Or was that a complete mistake also?

Who created wisdom and knowledge and the very ability to create?

Also, do you believe that spaghetti evolved on its own, or was it created by man?

I also ask these questions to the many people where I work who believe we are descendents of aliens.... Who created the aliens, or did they just create themselves?

please point to where i denied Gd's existence

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2011, 04:27:47 PM »
please point to where i denied Gd's existence

Im sorry I did not mean to imply what you believe. I am speaking to the hypothetical 'he' who is the one who invented this 'spaghetti monster' deity...

I just find it hard to defend someone who has such chutzpah to create a fantasy and call it a religion. Similar to those who try to create a 'religion' out of Star Wars or Harry Potter.

But I agree with you that he should not be given attention. Giving this clown attention will cause others to be deceived.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2011, 05:27:28 PM »
This is a stunt to make fun of religion. In this case he may very well be making fun of Islam because of the women who want their driver's licenses with face veils on. As atheists they see every religion as a make believe pretend thing that has no basis in reality, so they will argue that believing in a, to them, completely imaginary God is no different than believing in a completely imaginary flying spaghetti monster. I've heard atheists refer to God as a "sky fairy" before because they see no distinction between God and other so-called 'mythical' or 'imaginary' creatures. I've also heard Him referred to as being the same as an 'invisible pink unicorn'. The 'flying spaghetti monster' crap is just another dig at God and religion in general.

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2011, 07:29:40 PM »
If Koranimal whores can get their license with the hajib/burqa, then this dude better have the right to get one with his pasta headpiece.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2011, 07:33:15 PM »
If Koranimal whores can get their license with the hajib/burqa, then this dude better have the right to get one with his pasta headpiece.

You're right about that much.

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2011, 07:34:31 PM »
Only about that?  :P   ;D

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member