Author Topic: Today Was Tragic : The Loss of Jewish Life  (Read 497 times)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Today Was Tragic : The Loss of Jewish Life
« on: August 19, 2011, 02:44:03 AM »
After I came home from work today and ate my dinner, and relaxed watching some youtube videos I suddenly remembered that today we saw an attack on our brothers and sisters in Israel, our home land, in which eight Jews were murdered. I do not know them nor do I know their names at this time but I feel a profound loss.

The Jewish people have been persecuted and systematically abused and we have been mutilated and murdered for being Jewish. Today we live in a very scary world. I am sure most JTF members are aware that the 'arab spring' is not really a wave of democracy spreading through the middle east. As much as our numb-skull media wants to paint it that way we all know that this is a wave of imposing Islamic law on the arab peoples. It doesn't take a nuclear scientist to figure out that Iran is really provoking a lot of these uprisings through their proxy Hezbollah. We see the Muslim Brotherhood moving into position to take over in Egypt who was supposed to have a peace treaty with Israel but has recently been violating that agreement.

Today eight Jews were brutally murdered while traveling on the highway which runs near the border with Egypt. Egypt was supposed to be preventing these kinds of attacks by restricting weapons and people from moving through the Sinai peninsula. But Egypt needs to scapegoat the Jews in their media, and the Egyptian people seem to eat up any antisemitic propaganda. We are witnessing the breakdown of all the peace treaties in the region.

Do not stand idly by as your Jewish brothers blood is at stake (Leviticus 19:16). This is a commandment of the Torah and it should be a reminder that every Jew is connected at the soul level. We are diminished as a people when Jews are murdered. We also are committing a chilul Hashem by going about our normal lives as more and more innocent Jews are slaughtered in our home land.
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Re: Today Was Tragic : The Loss of Jewish Life
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2011, 02:54:21 AM »
http://www.chabad.org/library/article_cdo/aid/1088917/jewish/Chapter-One.htm

Halacha 16

Even though lashes are not given as punishment for the transgression of these prohibitions - because they do not involve committing a forbidden deed - they are nevertheless very severe. For whoever causes the loss of a Jewish soul is considered as if he destroyed the entire world, and whoever saves a Jewish soul is considered as if he saved the entire world.
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline Sveta

• Master JTFer
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2011, 03:02:38 AM »
It's true. I'm ashamed, I've lost focus on discussing other matters that are not important while our Israeli brothers and sisters were attacked.
I prayed when I heard the news. I am heartbroken.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2011, 03:04:53 AM »
http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/146969

Sisters, Husbands Among Eilat Victims
Two sisters and their husbands were murdered by terrorists near Eilat. Terrorists fired at their bodies to confirm slayings.

Four victims of the deadly attacks Thursday in Eilat have been identified as husband and wife Moshe and Flora Gaz, and Flora's sister Shula Karlinsky and her husband, Dov Karlinsky. Both couples lived in Kfar Saba.

The four took off for a vacation in Eilat on Thursday, but never arrived. As they approached the city they were ambushed by terrorists, who fired an anti-tank missile at their car.

After the missile hit his target, a terrorist approached the car and fired on the four to make sure they had all been slain.

Flora, 52, and Shula, 54, both worked in daycare centers for three- and four-year-old children in Kfar Saba.  “They were very well-known and respected educators,” Mayor Yehuda Ben-Hamo said of the two sisters. “This is a big tragedy for all of us.”

The Gaz family was expecting their first grandchild in another three months. They are survived by three children. The Karlinskys are survived by two children and two grandchildren.

“Flora and Moshe were excited for the birth of their first grandchild, but they will never see him,” one of the couple's friends said Friday.

Offline IsraelForever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2011, 03:36:04 AM »
This is just so depressing.

And why on earth did with give them Gaza?

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2011, 03:37:23 AM »
This is just so depressing.

And why on earth did with give them Gaza?

I was against it from the beginning but the insane politicians thought it sounded like a good idea. But as time passes we, the kahanists are the realists, were right.

Offline IsraelForever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2011, 03:38:52 AM »
Quote from: muman613
But as time passes we, the kahanists are the realists, were right.

Of course!