Author Topic: Israeli politicians before the "disengagement" : no threat of rockets !  (Read 894 times)

Offline Yaakov Mendel

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Master JTFer

Here is a small sample of the Israeli political zoo from the crazy left to the phoney right through video archives of a recent past. They all deny any threat from leaving Gaza and support Sharon's plan.

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
Re: Israeli politicians before the "disengagement" : no threat of rockets !
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2011, 05:06:40 PM »
Israeli politicians will always be duplicitous snakes. The only question is what it will take for the people to see that. In any Gentile country, the people would have risen up and stormed the vegetable Sharon's hospital room and separated that huge, overgrown pumpkin melon of his from the rest of his bloated corpse.

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2011, 05:22:31 PM »
‎The real tragedy is the lack off memory of the Israeli public. The treasonous politicians have promised and assured their empty lies repeatedly and the Israeli public just never learns.

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2011, 06:16:33 PM »
‎The real tragedy is the lack off memory of the Israeli public. The treasonous politicians have promised and assured their empty lies repeatedly and the Israeli public just never learns.
I don't get it. A few years ago during Operation Cast Lead most Israelis seemed to get it that "disengagement" was a mistake. Then they went back to supporting it again.

Can you explain that?

Offline TheCoon

• Master JTFer
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2011, 06:26:43 PM »
Israelis are human beings too and as a consequence are able to be idiots. If Americans can vote for a kenyan muslim 9 years after muslims blow up the WTC, Israelis can be fooled into forgetting disengagement was bad.
The city isn't what it used to be. It all happened so fast. Everything went to crap. It's like... everyone's sense of morals just disappeared. Bad economy made things worse. Jobs started drying up, then the stores had to shut down. Then a black man was elected president. He was supposed to change things. He didn't. More and more people turned to crime and violence... The town becomes gripped with fear. Dark times, dark times... I am the hero this town needs. I am... The Coon!!!

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2011, 06:35:22 PM »
I don't get it. A few years ago during Operation Cast Lead most Israelis seemed to get it that "disengagement" was a mistake. Then they went back to supporting it again.

Can you explain that?
The Israeli public is manipulated and incapable of independent decision making. But I can't explain or excuse them.

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2011, 06:52:59 PM »
The Israeli public is manipulated and incapable of independent decision making. But I can't explain or excuse them.
Absolutely and that's what I've said all along.

I have a question for you as an Israeli: while somewhere around 60% of Israelis think "disengagement" was a good thing, support for the Sinai surrender/ethnic cleansing, which made all other retreats possible, has never wavered much from 90%. Can you explain to me why the Yamit ethnic cleansing is such a sacred cow in Israeli politics? The Israeli pseudoright pretends to be upset about disengagement, but nobody dares question the Sinai surrender in the least.

Offline Secularbeliever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2011, 08:05:27 PM »

I have a question for you as an Israeli: while somewhere around 60% of Israelis think "disengagement" was a good thing, support for the Sinai surrender/ethnic cleansing, which made all other retreats possible, has never wavered much from 90%. Can you explain to me why the Yamit ethnic cleansing is such a sacred cow in Israeli politics? The Israeli pseudoright pretends to be upset about disengagement, but nobody dares question the Sinai surrender in the least.

Supposed peace with Egypt was revolutionary at the time and the connection to the Sinai weak.
We all need to pray for Barack Obama, may the Lord provide him a safe move back to Chicago in January 2,013.

Offline Meerkat

• Master JTFer
  • Yemach Shmam to Egypt and Iran
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2011, 09:46:36 PM »
ahh, voter amnesia, its really dangerous.

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2011, 12:34:33 AM »

Can you explain that?

When exactly did they "go back to supporting it?"

I did not see evidence of this.

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2011, 02:00:00 AM »

I think actually most Israelis acknowledge the disengagement was a mistake. They just don't learn from it anything meaningful. But you are mostly right about most Israelis supporting the Sinai retreat. It has mainly to do with the fashion in which it was carried out- by traitor Begin. Because Begin suddenly switched his opinion and supported the retreat, with the full support of all many other phony right wingers like Ariel Sharon, there was no meaningful opposition to speak of. The actual cleansing of Yamit (the only settlement I think which resisted being erased from the ground) came something like 2 years after the smiling and handshakes at camp david. And Israelis who are half decent would think that was just a necessary sacrifice for peace, a small price to pay etc.

I can't say there is much rational in the Israeli public. Basically there is an axiom that we had to have "peace" with Egypt, We can't keep fighting everyone, we have to have USA as a friend etc.

I usually suggest to people who tell me this nonsense to pack up and leave.

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2011, 02:03:19 AM »

They don't punish the traitors who conducted it. Even if they now think it was a mistake they don't want Israel to retake at least the border area between Gaza and Sinai so the terrorist wouldn't be able to smuggle Rockets from Egypt.                                                                               

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2011, 12:26:36 PM »

Look at the Israeli polls. Around the time that daily missile fire necessitated the farce of Cast Lead at the end of 2008, most Israelis were willing to say that "disengagement" was a bad idea. Shortly thereafter, they elected Lewinsky, who promised to take a tougher line on the Arabs than Olmert.

Now look at today. Out of sight, out of mind, I guess.

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2011, 02:30:10 PM »
The bottom line is most Israelis think of Gaza as a place we shouldn't be in and want Egypt to take care of the border with Gaza and all the smuggling of arms that's passing there. So even though many of them might now acknowledge it was a mistake, the overwhelming majority clearly doesn't think we need to aspire to return Gaza to our full control. Many Israelis just hate Gaza, they don't consider it part of their land, because it's so densely populated with Arabs, and they say they are sorry we didn't give away Gaza to Egypt along with the Sinai (which BTW I believe Begin made such an offer, but Saadat rejected).

So, I am not going to excuse such lack of principles, morality, and common sense.

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2011, 07:19:51 PM »
Look at the Israeli polls. Around the time that daily missile fire necessitated the farce of Cast Lead at the end of 2008, most Israelis were willing to say that "disengagement" was a bad idea. Shortly thereafter, they elected Lewinsky, who promised to take a tougher line on the Arabs than Olmert.

Now look at today. Out of sight, out of mind, I guess.

You say look at today.  What about today?  You haven't really addressed my question.  I think the sentiment that followed cast lead and caused bibi's election still persists.  Problem with israelis is as it has always been, they don't really implement the common sentiment, especially the fake rightwing parties do not, and the power structure in place (leftist shmucks) actively prevent it and try to root out the sentiment.