Author Topic: Earthquake on the east coast  (Read 909 times)

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Earthquake on the east coast
« on: August 23, 2011, 02:17:03 PM »
They say it was 5 on the richter scale. I didn't feel it though.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Baltimore

• Director Of Public Relations
  • Pro JTFer
Re: Earthquake on the east coast
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2011, 02:21:34 PM »
My house was shaking here in Baltimore. Absolutely shocking! Never felt anything like it before. It was a 5.8 centered in Northern Virginia.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2011, 02:55:40 PM »
What is going on there on the East coast? I hope that my mother and step-father are OK I have not been able to talk to them yet. And on top the the Earthquake news there is also a Tropical Storm/Hurricane on its way to the east coast. My mom lives in Connecticut...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Online cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2011, 06:13:26 PM »
What is going on there on the East coast? I hope that my mother and step-father are OK I have not been able to talk to them yet. And on top the the Earthquake news there is also a Tropical Storm/Hurricane on its way to the east coast. My mom lives in Connecticut...

I don't think they felt much up in Connecticut... Here on Long Island it was noticeable to some but many of us didn't feel a thing... I was coming out of Queens about that time but didn't notice a thing as I was driving... Very little to no damage here in the New York vicinity... I think many people who noticed something thought it was some sort of terrorist attack... Once they realized what it was it was over. The storm is another story... It's to soon to see whats happening with that.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline JTFenthusiast2

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2011, 06:19:23 PM »
Building in my building felt it at work, but I didn't feel it

Offline angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2011, 07:11:33 PM »
Connecticut? She's fine.
In the NYC area, it was only a small shake. I did not even know until the mayor spoke of it.

U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2011, 07:22:33 PM »
Connecticut? She's fine.
In the NYC area, it was only a small shake. I did not even know until the mayor spoke of it.

Yes, I talked with my step-dad and he didn't even feel it... Baruch Hashem!

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2011, 12:35:52 PM »
Apparently, the white house reports that the quake occurred on an unknown fault now know as 'Bush's Fault'

Offline angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2011, 02:37:30 PM »
Apparently, the white house reports that the quake occurred on an unknown fault now know as 'Bush's Fault'

Yes. It was Bushs fault. How did you know?
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2011, 04:37:37 PM »
You have to wonder if these events are a sign from Hashem.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2011, 05:46:02 PM »
You have to wonder if these events are a sign from Hashem.

That it cracked the Washington Monument is a telling sign that there is the hand of Hashem involved. And that there is a Hurricane {Irene} on the way is another interesting development.