Author Topic: What do you think of the zealots known in Latin as "sicarii" ?  (Read 8961 times)

Offline Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Re: What do you think of the zealots known in Latin as "sicarii" ?
« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2011, 05:07:29 AM »
Josephus Flavius betrayed us and joined the Roman Nazis. How is he NOT a Kapo?

Regarding his work, Josephus' work is considered to be a Sefer Hitzoni (ספר חיצוני) and much of what he writes are obvious lies. There might be an issur for reading his work, but I'm not sure. So even if I don't know, I don't takes risks. That's what Jews do. And what you say about his work can be said about the New Testicle.
Josephus was probably a traitor kapo. We don't know for a fact that he helped the Romans by intel and advice to fight the Jews after he had been captured because we only have his version. But his account of the war is the most detailed and much can be learned from it.

His works are historical and not spiritual so I don't think there is any cherem to apply to them. One thing though, is that the Christians in the middle ages forged and rewrote some passages in  his books concerning Jesus (Flavian Testimony) I think on "Antiquities" where he is supposedly calls Jesus the messiah etc (the so called "Flavian Testimony").  Josephus was actually a pharisee.

Offline Yaakov Mendel

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Master JTFer
Re: What do you think of the zealots known in Latin as "sicarii" ?
« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2011, 05:09:21 AM »
You don't believe that as well?

http://www.hakolhayehudi.co.il/?p=13940&cpage

Your soldiers are unimagineable cowards. They can only attack little Jewish children sitting on the floor of their homes in outposts but run like your average rat from every Arab kid with a stone

They are not "my" soldiers. I am not their PR officer. I did not say that they never behaved like cowards, I was only referring to a particular instance. I know very well that some of them are cowards, especially those who come at night to expel Jewish mothers and children from their homes. I regularly post about this on this forum, you know.