Author Topic: Richie boy sliverstein is now an Al Qaeda supporter  (Read 507 times)

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
Richie boy sliverstein is now an Al Qaeda supporter
« on: October 02, 2011, 07:08:50 AM »
http://kapodickie.blogspot.com/2011/10/richard-ssilverstein-joins-al-qaeda.html  

zondag 2 oktober 2011
Richard SSilverstein joins Al-Qaeda

Well it now appears that Little [censored] SSilverstein is for all intents and purposes a PR agent for al-Qaeda.

In [censored]'s latest diaper dropping on his pro-terror anti-Semitic blog, he condemns the United States for assassinating the al-Qaeda mega-terrorist Anwar al-Awlaki. "They killed him without trial," whines the kapo. "Without due process." "They" being the evil Americans. Well, there were German and Japanese soldiers and civilians in World War II who happened to hold US passports and who were also killed in Allied bombing raids. Maybe [censored] wants to condemn the Allies for that as well? The one thing he would NEVER condemn of course are Japanese and German murders of Americans, Jews, and other living things. The Germans and Japanese were just resisting.

"I also opposed the assassination of Osama bin Laden," declares the Dickaling there. Naturally he has never gotten around to condemning the mass murder of Jews by Arab terrorists and fascists. He CHEERS those murders. He wants to put the US on trial for assassinating mass murderers. "But I think it’s now time to bring a case in an international tribunal against the current and past presidents who both sanctioned such killings (of U.S. citizens)."

An al-Qaeda terrorist sidekick of al-Awlaki was also offed by the drone attack. [censored]'s response: "His killing is even less defensible." In other words, killing al-Awlaki was "indefensible."

Well, we would like to propose an entirely defensible use of American military drones. We would like to suggest that they be utilized immediately against the terrorist site operating at

1110 37th Avenue Seattle, WA 98122 phone: 206 324-7549 fax: 206 325-9141 e mail: [email protected]

Send in the dornes! Immediately! Rid Seattle of al-Qaeda terrorism! Without due process!

Terminate with Extreme Prejudice!!!!  

http://www.richardsilverstein.com/tikun_olam/2011/10/02/al-awlaki-obamas-murder/   

copy and past link 

Al-Awlaki: Obama’s Murder

If Barack Obama is going to bring the act of targeted killing to its acme during his presidency and take all the political credit, as questionable as it may be, then I believe we should saddle him with the full responsibility for it.  That means calling this what it is: murder.  And because Obama has embraced this killing whole-heartedly it needs to be called his murder, a killing carried out on his watch and with his approval.  It was the cold-blooded murder of a U.S. citizen who is not bearing arms against his country, nor even in a war zone in which he threatens his fellow citizens.  He was not a literal combatant, but rather a propagandist for a cause deemed hostile to U.S. interests by this president and his even more right-wing predecessor.

Michael Ratner called the assassination ”a terrifying precedent.”  Terrifying for those who value human rights and constitutional law.  Not so terrifying, apparently, for our highest leaders who have other, far more political calculations, that guide their behavior.

Here is how Ratner characterizes the law and how it must be carried out in such cases involving alleged anti-U.S. terrorists:

Outside of a war zone, as Awlaki was, lethal force can only be employed in the narrowest and most extraordinary circumstances: when there is a concrete, specific and imminent threat of an attack; and even then, deadly force must be a last resort.

The NY Times published an eye-opening appraisal of Al-Awlaki in terms of how he is viewed in the Middle East itself.  It shows that as usual, there is a huge disconnect between the views of U.S. policymakers and those of the Muslim-Arab world.  In that world, Al Awlaki has barely been heard of, and the only reason he has been heard of at all is because of the demonic role we assigned to him:

“A dime-a-dozen cleric” was one response, by Gregory Johnsen, a Princeton professor who studies Yemen. Another: “I don’t think your average Middle Easterner knows who Anwar al-Awlaki is,” said Emad Shahin, a scholar of political Islam at Notre Dame University.

We, in a sense, created the bogeyman, Al Awlaki.  Were it not for what we did and how we treated him he would be a two-bit player in the ongoing war between radical Islam and the west:

…Many [in the Middle East] saw Mr. Awlaki’s death as an essentially American story: here was a man who American attention helped create, and its Hellfire missiles killed, in a campaign born out of American fears of homegrown militancy.

…“When the Obama administration and the U.S. media started focusing on him, that is when Al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula pushed him to the fore,” Mr. Johnsen said, referring to the group’s Yemeni branch. “They were taking advantage of the free publicity, if you will. And any stature he has now in the Arab world is because of that.”

In that sense, yesterday’s CIA targeted killing was as much a political, as a military decision.  Al-Awlaki was much more a political threat than a security threat.  While it’s true that several failed attackers were inspired by his rhetoric, the cleric himself had never engaged in any act of terror beyond possibly incitement.  He’d never been tried in a court of law for any infraction.  As Ratner says:

Yes, his language and speeches were incendiary. He may even have engaged in plots against the United States – but we do not know that because he was never indicted for a crime.

It was the threat he represented politically that was much more dangerous in the eyes of Obama than any imminent physical threat.

And that’s simply not kosher under the U.S. constitution or law.  While it may be true that under the current defanged legislative and judicial system we have, our president’s actions will not be judged and he will not be held accountable, that doesn’t mean we oughtn’t to try, as I wrote yesterday.  The ACLU correctly attempted to bring this case to trial before the U.S. killed Al Awlaki.  They failed.  Now that the U.S. has killed him, it should try again.

The failure of the earlier lawsuit, even though Ratner says it failed solely on “procedural grounds,” is disturbing because that was the chance to rein in executive action before the damage had been done.  When the court threw out the case they essentially sealed Al Awlaki’s death warrant.  Now, we’re left to close the barn door after the horse has already escaped.

I’m reminded of two seminal quotations from Malcolm X.  He said that “violence was as American as apple pie.”  And, when Pres. Kennedy was assassinated he said “the chickens had come home to roost.”  Though these were extremely controversial statements at the time, there is great wisdom and foresight in each one and they apply to Obama’s murder of Anwar Al-Awlaki as well.  I fear that in some form or other the chickens our president has let loose on the world will eventually come home to roost.
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
Re: Richie boy sliverstein is now an Al Qaeda supporter
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2011, 07:14:15 AM »
CIA Drone Kills Al-Awlaki, Second U.S. Citizen, in Yemen   copy and paste          http://www.richardsilverstein.com/tikun_olam/2011/09/30/cia-drone-kills-al-awlaki-second-u-s-citizens-in-yemen/

Frankly, I’m wondering whether anything like this has ever been done before.  Apparently, a CIA drone killed two U.S. citizens in Yemen, one of whom was Anwar Al-Awlaki, a noted American-born Al Qaeda leader.  They killed him without trial despite the fact that the U.S. Constitution specifically prohibits depriving any citizen of life without due process.  Last I checked, a drone missile wasn’t due process.  They also killed him nowhere near any battlefield on which any U.S. citizen was in jeopardy nor during any war declared by this country against Awlaki’s (Yemen).  Samir Khan, another U.S. citizen, was also killed in the attack.  He was not on any wanted list at all.  His killing is even less defensible.  Now, enemies of the U.S. can argue we’ll kill you just for editing a magazine we don’t like.  As a member of the Charlotte Muslim community said:

“This is a very dangerous road when you go and kill someone like this,” said Ayeb Suleiman, 25, a medical resident. “He was just an editor. He was just writing.”

To be clear, I have no problem with apprehending anyone who organizes or is an accessory to any act of terror against U.S. citizens.  That’s the claim against Awlaki, though there have been absolutely no legal proceedings brought against him in any court, including any in the U.S.  I am fully prepared to see anyone, including Americans, who kill my fellow citizens punished to the full extent of the law.  If the U.S. had evidence it should’ve brought it.

Obama is now calling Awlaki the “director of external operations” for Al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula, a term no U.S. official has used before.  Until now, the only charges against him were that he was a fiery, gifted orator who detested the U.S. and its role in the Muslim world.  Awlaki was known as being an especial thorn in our side because he philosophically inspired a number of would-be terrorists who attacked us on our soil.  Now, after we’ve killed him and refused to provide any evidence of our claims about his guilt, we’re all of a sudden calling him a terror mastermind.  How convenient.

Even here, the NY Times says it outlines Awlaki’s “ties” to terror attacks, when all they can do is say that attackers listened to tapes of his before they went on a terror spree.  While I would’ve been be willing to see charges brought against him for incitement of such attacks…but killing him?  They certainly couldn’t get the death penalty against him in any real court.  Which is why they sentenced him to death by missile.  I only hope that those who passed this sentence don’t ever suffer the punishment themselves.  They at least deserve a trial before someone metes out such “justice” to them.

If you follow this logic to its chilling conclusion, the next time in U.S. history there is a movement like the Black Panthers or the American Indian Movement, which advocates violence against American targets, the U.S. government will be justified in murdering these future Bobby Seales, Huey Newtons, Leonard Pelletiers and Fred Hamptons without trial.  The only difference is that Obama killed Awlaki in Yemen and not in the U.S. itself.

I also opposed the assassination of Osama bin Laden.  Not only did he deserve a trial to determine his guilt, doing so would’ve raised America in the esteem of the world and further highlighted the value of international law.  As it was, we showed ourselves to be only marginally better than pirates plying the world’s oceans for prey.

We must be fully prepared for other guerrilla groups and nations to do precisely the same thing to our citizens–accuse them of being terrorists and claim the right to summarily execute them wherever they may be found without due process.  Let’s say that Yemen were a country that had the capacity to do this, and was inclined to pursue revenge against the U.S.  What would stop them, now that we’ve set such a precedent?  Alternatively, let’s say that Israel or the U.S. attack Iran and kill Iranians in significant numbers.  What’s to prevent the Iranians from pursuing a revenge terror attack against those who prepared similar attacks on their citizens?  The mullahs will rightly say that they learned their lessons well at the knee of their teacher, Barack Obama.  Who’s to say they’d be wrong?

David Cole writes similarly in the NY Review of Books:

In international law, where reciprocity governs, what is lawful for the goose is lawful for the gander. And when the goose is the United States, it sets a precedent that other countries may well feel warranted in following. Indeed, exploiting the international mandate to fight terrorism that has emerged since the September 11 attacks, Russia has already expanded its definition of terrorists…It may seem fanciful that Russia would have the nerve to use such an authority within the United States—though in the case of Alexsander Litvinenko it appears to have had few qualms about taking extreme measures to kill an individual who had taken refuge in the United Kingdom. But it is not at all fanciful that once the US proclaims such tactics legitimate, other nations might seek to use them against their less powerful neighbors.

…If…we continue to justify such practices in only the vaguest of terms [without offering proof of who we've targeted and why], we should expect other countries to take them up—and almost certainly in ways we will not find to our liking.

Martin Luther King said, inspired by Gandhi, that “an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth” makes us all blind and toothless.  I’m ashamed to say that Barack Obama has turned his back on this wisdom from the roots of the non-violence movement.  Our president thinks an eye for an eye is pretty good counter-terror policy.  And remember, this is the guy who won the Nobel Peace Prize, fer chrissakes!  What a schande that award looks like now.  It goes to show you that you must never bestow an award on someone in the hopes that it will spur them to do the right thing.

I have never heard that it is part of the CIA’s mandate to kill U.S. citizens.  Is it now legal to do what never was legal before the era of Dick Cheney?  Are we going to allow Pres. Obama, a leader we expected to be different from Bush and Cheney, to become them in such an ugly way?

Israel routinely assassinates alleged Palestinian militants in similar acts of state-sponsored terrorism.  Those killings often extend to innocent civilians who are collateral damage from such attacks.  Like the U.S., Israel never offers any evidence of the victims’ guilt other than to claim they organized this or that terror attack &/or were a “ticking bomb.”  No one inside Israel, except the usual (and blessed) human rights NGO suspects,  raises a hand against such murder.  It is accepted pro forma as the price to be paid by a national security state.  Do we in the U.S. want to become that?  Do we want to become renegades from international law as the Israelis are?

Israel’s military, intelligence, and Likud government are delighted with this development.  It further confirms their own draconian approach to national security.  If we become as bad as they are, then they’re not so bad after all, right?

Cole further argues that there are examples of countries who’ve responded differently than either the U.S. or Israel:

As many countries, including Great Britain, Germany, Spain, and, Italy have shown, the fact that organized groups seek to engage in politically motivated violence does not necessitate a military response.

This must stop.  Of course, just as in Israel, neither the courts nor the Congress will lift a finger.  But I think it’s now time to bring a case in an international tribunal against the current and past presidents who both sanctioned such killings (of U.S. citizens).  This must be tested in a fair tribunal.  One cannot be found here in the U.S., unfortunately.  But in order to bring a case before the ICC, we must exhaust the system here first.  So I hope the ACLU, which has denounced this latest killing, will do so.  A rejection by the U.S. courts would set the stage for an appeal to an international tribunal.

I wouldn’t mind seeing those responsible for this killing and Salah Shehadeh’s both answering to justice in the Hague.  They’d be entitled to far more justice than they ever gave any of their victims.

Another misguided claim by Obama and those who embrace such acts of state terror: they don’t “break the back” of the enemy.  They don’t “dismantle” Al Qaeda.  There are always those who will arise to take their place.  Sometimes, those who replace their predecessors are even more competent and lethal than those who came before them.

I am at the breaking point regarding Obama.  I don’t see any way I can vote for him the next time around.  This hurts me because in some ways all the Republican candidates would be worse, some far worse.  But they, unlike Obama, haven’t betrayed their promise and their promises–the ones they made to me and voters like me to be different from the tyrants who preceded them.
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Debbie Shafer

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2011, 03:25:13 PM »
This is just over the top..What in the heck is wrong with People...

Offline Spiraling Leopard

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • Eternal Vigilance
    • PIGtube-channel:
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2011, 03:49:37 PM »
What a filthy scumbag. He should bump his head into a freight train.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2011, 03:57:52 PM »
Yemach Shemo Vizichro to Kapo Silverstien...

This guy is just as dangerous as Al-alwaki was.... There should be a CIA order to assassinate him..

I 100% Applaud and I celebrate the death of al-alwaki.... Just last week I was saying to a friend I hope he is the next one to be taken down... And I was right! Hallelujah!

ALL TERRORISTS AND THEIR SUPPORTERS MUST BE DESTROYED!!!

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Ulli

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2011, 04:53:40 PM »
I think this idiot has mental problems. Someone should call the public health officer, that he looks at him. Perhaps he has cancer in the brain.
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani