Author Topic: And I though Jesse Jackson was dumb  (Read 1274 times)

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
And I though Jesse Jackson was dumb
« on: October 14, 2011, 10:39:23 PM »
His son makes Jesse Sr. seem like a genius.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/10/14/rep-jesse-jackson-calls-on-government-to-hire-all-unemployed-americans-for/

Rep. Jesse Jackson Calls on Government to Hire All Unemployed Americans for $40,000 Each

Published October 14, 2011

| FoxNews.com

*   Print
    *   Email
    *   Comments
    *   Text Size  

Rep Jesse Jackson

AP

April 14: Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr., D-Ill., flanked by House Majority Leader Steny Hoyer of Md., left, and Rep. Mike Pence, R-Ind., addresses a news conference on Capitol Hill in Washington.

Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr. has offered his own $804 billion jobs plan that calls on the federal government to hire the nation’s 15 million unemployed Americans for jobs paying roughly $40,000 each, and bail out all the states and cities facing budget crises.

In an interview with the Daily Caller on Wednesday, the Illinois Democrat applauded President Obama for directing his staff to greenlight job-creating initiatives without congressional approval after his $447 billion jobs bill was defeated in the Senate this week.

“Now we’re making some progress,” Jackson said, comparing the legislative gridlock in Congress to the states that seceded from the union during the Civil War.

"We've seen Congress is in rebellion," he said, "determined to wreck or ruin at all costs."

Jackson said the government’s direct hiring of the nation’s 15 million unemployed Americans would cost $600 billion.

“It could be a five-year program,” he said. “For another $104 billion, we bail out all of the states. For another $100 billion, we bail out all of the cities.”

“We put people to work cleaning up communities. We put people to work through a civilian conservation corps, through a Works Progress Administration because the hour demands it,” he said.

“And as more people work, they pay taxes, they pay taxes into the 4th quarter, they buy wares, they buy homes, they meet their obligations and our economy begins to work its way out of this protracted recession,” he continued. “That’s the only way out of this crisis. And I hope the president begins to continue to exercise extraordinary constitutional means based on the history of Congresses that have been in rebellion in the past.”

But not everyone is convinced that Jackson's plan would work. Even a fellow Democrat has criticized it.

“In Rep. Jackson’s entire congressional career, he has never introduced a single jobs bill,” Debbie Halvorson, who is challenging Jackson in the Democratic primary, said in a written statement. “Now, he’s calling on the president to suspend the Constitution? As a representative of the people, you don’t give up when you hit a roadblock and throw the Constitution out the window – you keep working to get something done."

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/10/14/rep-jesse-jackson-calls-on-government-to-hire-all-unemployed-americans-for/#ixzz1aoY107rD

Offline TheCoon

• Master JTFer
Re: And I though Jesse Jackson was dumb
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2011, 11:30:49 PM »
And this low-IQ moron gets elected. He should run in South Africa or Zimbawe where these kind of policies are really happening.
The city isn't what it used to be. It all happened so fast. Everything went to crap. It's like... everyone's sense of morals just disappeared. Bad economy made things worse. Jobs started drying up, then the stores had to shut down. Then a black man was elected president. He was supposed to change things. He didn't. More and more people turned to crime and violence... The town becomes gripped with fear. Dark times, dark times... I am the hero this town needs. I am... The Coon!!!

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2011, 05:19:39 AM »
And this low-IQ moron gets elected. He should run in South Africa or Zimbawe where these kind of policies are really happening.
Careful now you could be talking about a future "African American" United States President.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2011, 05:35:43 AM »
Actually his plan is no worse than what they been doing for the past few years anyway...  Not that I agree with policy like this but he is actually taking out and dusting off FDR's  old play book and setting up WPA and CCC programs... This plan might have actually put more people to work for a time then what our sitting president accomplished tossing more money than this into all the useless green companies... All this would have been fine many trillion dollars ago now it will only make things worse instead of better.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2011, 06:55:38 AM »
This is the logical conclusion for someone who believes government is there to solve all your problems. Most democrats believe that government should play a large role in improving people's lives. Most conservatives/republicans think government should play a smaller role.

Offline TheCoon

• Master JTFer
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2011, 08:35:31 AM »
Suggestions like this are typical of people who have no concept of economics. Another suggestion you hear a lot is to increase the minimum wage. You could give every billion dollar salaries but that would mean things you buy would start costing millions of dollars each. In Zimbabwe I remember a loaf of bread was something like 10 million negrodollars or whatever currency they use.
The city isn't what it used to be. It all happened so fast. Everything went to crap. It's like... everyone's sense of morals just disappeared. Bad economy made things worse. Jobs started drying up, then the stores had to shut down. Then a black man was elected president. He was supposed to change things. He didn't. More and more people turned to crime and violence... The town becomes gripped with fear. Dark times, dark times... I am the hero this town needs. I am... The Coon!!!

Offline Ulli

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2011, 10:44:50 AM »
His plan is only a tick more radical than what is already practized.

Of cause it is economically insane, but it makes sense if he wants to attract all the lazy envious boozeheads who usually vote for bolschewiks.
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2011, 11:07:00 AM »
Whats Mike Pence doing with those imbeciles
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03