Author Topic: Herman Cain to likes MLK  (Read 2066 times)

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
Re: Herman Cain to likes MLK
« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2011, 09:39:01 PM »
I didn't know this before but Chaim said on Ask JTF that Romney isn't just a Mormon believer but was actually involved in their leadership. I think that qualifies for loony status.

I really don't mind that he is Mormon.  I know some of the ideology is really strange, but all the Mormons ive met seem really nice, and supportive of Israel.

Offline Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #26 on: October 19, 2011, 12:26:46 PM »
I really don't mind that he is Mormon.  I know some of the ideology is really strange, but all the Mormons ive met seem really nice, and supportive of Israel.
Then you must have not met Harry Reid.

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #27 on: October 19, 2011, 12:28:38 PM »
Then you must have not met Harry Reid.

Was not aware that Reid was a Mormon.  He is sure one ugly mormon.

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #28 on: October 19, 2011, 02:36:29 PM »
Was not aware that Reid was a Mormon.  He is sure one ugly mormon.
If Reid is a Mormon he has absolutely no loyalty to his fellow Mormon Romney... Romney said last night that market forces should be allowed to do their  job and correct the mortgage mess and housing market through the foreclosure process... Reid was on the news last night admonishing Romney for saying something like that... Romney might be a bit more moderate in his positions than conservatives might like however I don't think he is a bad person at heart... He might not do everything I'd want him to do as president however I would not loose much sleep having him in the Oval Office... After this 4 years we are going through now almost anything would be a vast improvement. 
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #29 on: October 19, 2011, 02:57:15 PM »

Offline Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #30 on: October 19, 2011, 03:06:27 PM »
This is from wikipedia on Harry Reid, and I think most of it is backed by footnoted sources:

In 1959, Reid married his high school sweetheart, Landra Gould. They have five children, a daughter and four sons. Their eldest son, Rory Reid, is an elected Commissioner for Clark County, Nevada, and 2010 Democratic nominee in the election for Governor of Nevada. Another son recently ran for municipal office in Cottonwood Heights, Utah.[58]

Reid (who was raised agnostic) and his wife (who was born to Jewish immigrant parents and grew up in Henderson), converted to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (the Mormon or LDS Church) while he was a college student.[1] In a 2001 interview he said, "I think it is much easier to be a good member of the Church and a Democrat than a good member of the Church and a Republican." He went on to say that the Democrats' emphasis on helping others, as opposed to what he considers Republican dogma to the contrary, is the reason he's a Democrat.[59] He delivered a speech at Brigham Young University to about 20,000 students on October 9, 2007, in which he expressed his opinion that Democratic values mirror Mormon values.[60][61] Several Republican Mormons in Utah have contested his faith because of his politics, such as his statements that the church's backing of California's Proposition 8 wasted resources.[62]

In September 2011, Reid's wife was diagnosed with stage 2 breast cancer. She is currently undergoing treatment

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #31 on: October 19, 2011, 03:20:19 PM »
This is from wikipedia on Harry Reid, and I think most of it is backed by footnoted sources:

In 1959, Reid married his high school sweetheart, Landra Gould. They have five children, a daughter and four sons. Their eldest son, Rory Reid, is an elected Commissioner for Clark County, Nevada, and 2010 Democratic nominee in the election for Governor of Nevada. Another son recently ran for municipal office in Cottonwood Heights, Utah.[58]

Reid (who was raised agnostic) and his wife (who was born to Jewish immigrant parents and grew up in Henderson), converted to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (the Mormon or LDS Church) while he was a college student.[1] In a 2001 interview he said, "I think it is much easier to be a good member of the Church and a Democrat than a good member of the Church and a Republican." He went on to say that the Democrats' emphasis on helping others, as opposed to what he considers Republican dogma to the contrary, is the reason he's a Democrat.[59] He delivered a speech at Brigham Young University to about 20,000 students on October 9, 2007, in which he expressed his opinion that Democratic values mirror Mormon values.[60][61] Several Republican Mormons in Utah have contested his faith because of his politics, such as his statements that the church's backing of California's Proposition 8 wasted resources.[62]

In September 2011, Reid's wife was diagnosed with stage 2 breast cancer. She is currently undergoing treatment

It looks like he is still an 'agnostic'.  He gave a speech telling churchgoers that they should be leftists... sounds like something all dems do.

Wasnt proposition 8 started by mormons?  (Im just assuming because they made an anti-mormon play about this subject)