Author Topic: Amazing 3D Sound Experience!  (Read 469 times)

Offline Confederate Kahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
Amazing 3D Sound Experience!
« on: November 03, 2011, 10:58:55 PM »
Man this had some awesome audio:

Chad M ~ Your rebel against white guilt

Online angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
Re: Amazing 3D Sound Experience!
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2011, 09:46:56 AM »
Man this had some awesome audio:

...of course its on youtube....I can't be wowed by that.
I'll wait for the imax.

U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2011, 01:53:08 PM »
Oh no! There's a rattlesnake on my left, no on my right! on my left! on my right! AAAAhhhhh! Where is it?  :o :'( :fright: :D

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2011, 02:43:57 PM »
Back when I was a Pink Floyd fan {back in the 80s-90s} I was impressed with a sound processing technique called 'HOLOPHONICS' which was able to very realistically recreate 3d sounds through a stereo system...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holophonics

History

Holophonics was created by Argentine Hugo Zuccarelli in 1980, during his studies at the Politecnico di Milano university. It, along with Zuccarelli, rose to fame in 1983 with the release of a recording entitled Zuccarelli Holophonics (The Matchbox Shaker) released in the UK by CBS which consisted entirely of short recordings of sound effects designed to show off the system. These included the shaking matchbox, haircut & blower, bees, balloon, plastic bag, birds, airplanes, fireworks, thunder, and racing cars. In its early years, Holophonics was used by various artists including Pink Floyd (The Final Cut, 1984), Roger Waters solo album (The Pros and Cons..., 1985), Psychic TV (Dreams Less Sweet, 1983). It has been used in film soundtrack, popular music, television and themeparks.[1]

Zuccarelli states that the human auditory system is a sound emitter, producing a reference sound that combines with incoming sound to form an interference pattern inside the ear. The nature of this pattern is sensitive to the direction of the incoming sound. According to the hypothesis, the cochlea detects and analyzes this pattern as if it were an acoustic hologram. The brain then interprets this data and infers the direction of the sound. An article from Zuccarelli presenting this theory was printed in the magazine New Scientist in 1983. This article was soon followed by two letters, casting doubt on Zuccarelli's theory and his scientific abilities.[2][3]

PS: WOW... I did not watch the video before posting this... But the video is about Holophonics...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2011, 03:07:50 PM »
I am an audiophobe.  Mono is fine for me.

Offline Spiraling Leopard

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • Eternal Vigilance
    • PIGtube-channel:
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2011, 03:17:12 PM »
Yank-hater jamiroquai used it in a song, 'morning glory'.