Author Topic: Time has come to "reclaim" (sic) Hanukkah, Christopher Hitchens style  (Read 731 times)

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
.   ד  עֹזְבֵי תוֹרָה, יְהַלְלוּ רָשָׁע;    וְשֹׁמְרֵי תוֹרָה, יִתְגָּרוּ בָם
4 They that forsake the law praise the wicked; but such as keep the law contend with them.

ה  אַנְשֵׁי-רָע, לֹא-יָבִינוּ מִשְׁפָּט;    וּמְבַקְשֵׁי יְהוָה, יָבִינוּ כֹל.   
5 Evil men understand not justice; but they that seek the LORD understand all things.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Re: Time has come to "reclaim" (sic) Hanukkah, Christopher Hitchens style
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2011, 01:38:08 PM »
http://www.haaretz.com/print-edition/news/time-has-come-to-reclaim-hanukkah-christopher-hitchens-style-1.403047

That is a self-hating Jew if I have ever seen one... Very sad...

As much as we might want to cling to one of the more idealistic narratives, we cannot afford to ignore Hitchens, especially as there are Jews who today aspire to be exactly that kind of Maccabees. It is not rare to hear both Haredi rabbis and religious settlers from the hilltops refer to left-wing and secular Israelis as "Hellenists" who have ditched "true" Jewish values for foreign ideals such as human rights and equality for women. Xenophobia is alive and well in the second-age Zionist state, and it pervades mainstream discourse, eroding our basic freedom while secular Israel is celebrating an empty-headed holiday of glitzy childrens' pageants and designer glazed doughnuts.

Ah... Its on the dirty site 'Haaretz'... No wonder they published it...
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline heyuguys

• Full JTFer
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2011, 01:47:45 PM »
hitchens was jewish? wow... i know he is burning in hell right now for all the evil things hes said.

the liberals in tel aviv look to christopher hitchens as their hero and spit on the maccabees. it is about time they do so because judah maccabee would have killed the leftists. the leftists should choose their side and stop polluting the message of hannukah.

Offline Baltimore

• Director Of Public Relations
  • Pro JTFer
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2011, 08:05:18 PM »
I am a little late to this, but here is a classic Chaim Chanukah video from 2007 (copy and past the URL):
-http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=ea6_1197664134

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2011, 08:53:03 PM »
I am a little late to this, but here is a classic Chaim Chanukah video from 2007 (copy and past the URL):
-http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=ea6_1197664134

Very great video. Its never too late to learn.
.   ד  עֹזְבֵי תוֹרָה, יְהַלְלוּ רָשָׁע;    וְשֹׁמְרֵי תוֹרָה, יִתְגָּרוּ בָם
4 They that forsake the law praise the wicked; but such as keep the law contend with them.

ה  אַנְשֵׁי-רָע, לֹא-יָבִינוּ מִשְׁפָּט;    וּמְבַקְשֵׁי יְהוָה, יָבִינוּ כֹל.   
5 Evil men understand not justice; but they that seek the LORD understand all things.