Author Topic: Pro Jewish Music of all kinds.  (Read 93808 times)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Re: Pro Jewish Music of all kinds.
« Reply #75 on: February 24, 2012, 02:29:11 AM »
I cannot forget Jerusalem:

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #76 on: February 24, 2012, 02:34:32 AM »
Some interesting Temple music:

« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 02:47:55 AM by muman613 »
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #77 on: February 24, 2012, 02:55:14 AM »
That flute reminded me of Rabbi Lazer Brody's flute playing...

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #78 on: February 24, 2012, 03:06:49 AM »
One more from Rabbi Brody:

Ok 2...

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #79 on: February 24, 2012, 03:19:19 AM »
Im signing out for the night, will leave you all with the morning Shema Yisrael:

Offline Ephraim Ben Noach

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #80 on: February 25, 2012, 09:02:03 PM »
I had to add this one!

Ezekiel 33:6 But if the watchman see the sword come, and blow not the horn, and the people be not warned, and the sword do come, and take any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity, but his blood will I require at the watchman's hand.

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #81 on: February 25, 2012, 09:08:50 PM »

Ezekiel 33:6 But if the watchman see the sword come, and blow not the horn, and the people be not warned, and the sword do come, and take any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity, but his blood will I require at the watchman's hand.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #82 on: February 25, 2012, 09:45:31 PM »
Im still dreaming of the City of Hashem, Sweet Home Jerusalem!

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #83 on: February 25, 2012, 09:53:05 PM »
Reggae interpretation of traditional Jewish prayers...

Here is the same artist, David Gould, doing the Shabbat Evening prayer Lecha Dodi.... I have this on a CD...

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #84 on: February 25, 2012, 09:59:11 PM »
This reminded me of this incredible impromptu playing of Lecha Dodi... Played in Uman no less...

Here is a traditional Lecha Dodi With lyrics:

Here is an interesting melody I have not heard before, but it is very beautiful:

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #85 on: February 26, 2012, 01:06:57 AM »
Been watching some Rabbi Brody musical videos:

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #86 on: February 26, 2012, 01:09:06 AM »
Cant believe I forgot about the Moshav Band... Here is an inspiring version of Eliyahu:

"Eliyahu Hanavie, Eliyahu Hatishbi, Elyahu Hagiladi, Bimherah Yavo Elenu Im Mashiach Ben David.

Elijah the Prophet, Elijah the Tishbite, Elijah the Giladite, May he soon come to us, with Mashiach the son of David.
"

One more from these guys:

« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 01:33:55 AM by muman613 »

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #87 on: February 26, 2012, 01:40:07 AM »
Back to some hip-hop... Im not sure if I posted this already... If I did please pardon me...

Righteous Yid:

Adon Olam:

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #88 on: February 26, 2012, 01:53:43 AM »
Simply Tsfat is hot:

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #89 on: February 26, 2012, 02:01:17 AM »
One last one before I retire...

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #90 on: February 27, 2012, 03:06:43 PM »
This is funny.  :laugh:

.   ד  עֹזְבֵי תוֹרָה, יְהַלְלוּ רָשָׁע;    וְשֹׁמְרֵי תוֹרָה, יִתְגָּרוּ בָם
4 They that forsake the law praise the wicked; but such as keep the law contend with them.

ה  אַנְשֵׁי-רָע, לֹא-יָבִינוּ מִשְׁפָּט;    וּמְבַקְשֵׁי יְהוָה, יָבִינוּ כֹל.   
5 Evil men understand not justice; but they that seek the LORD understand all things.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #91 on: February 27, 2012, 03:37:43 PM »
Uncle Moishe! I have heard a lot about his videos...

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #92 on: February 27, 2012, 09:14:12 PM »
Hey Tag! I was real happy when I saw you added to the thread, but then I realized you were making fun of it. In one breath you talk about how all Jews need to come together,(which i'm not a Jew) and in the next breath you attack other Jews for their beliefs. I have been nothing but nice to you. If you have something to say then say it! If I’m wrong please correct me!

Whatt? What are you talking about? I just posted the video with no intent of making fun of you or anything. Its a cool song that I kinda got hooked on the last couple of hours since I heard it at first and wanted/want to share.
4 They that forsake the law praise the wicked; but such as keep the law contend with them.

5 Evil men understand not justice; but they that seek the LORD understand all things.

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #93 on: February 27, 2012, 09:28:20 PM »
I’m truly sorry for over reacting. You used a smiley pointing a finger and laughing. I thought you were making fun of the thread. I’m sorry I’m so defensive. Please add more! Sorry!

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #94 on: February 27, 2012, 10:08:29 PM »
Hey Tag! I was real happy when I saw you added to the thread, but then I realized you were making fun of it. In one breath you talk about how all Jews need to come together,(which i'm not a Jew) and in the next breath you attack other Jews for their beliefs. I have been nothing but nice to you. If you have something to say then say it! If I’m wrong please correct me!

I do not think he intended anything negative by posting this. Uncle Moishe is famous for Jewish music aimed at children... I think his selection was another good example of pro-Jewish music..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uncle_moishy

Uncle Moishy and the Mitzvah Men is a Jewish American children's edutainment group based in New York City, featured in audio and video releases, as well as appearing live in concert.[1] Their tapes, CDs and videos are sold in most Jewish music and Judaica stores.

Uncle Moishy has traveled internationally, giving shows in Israel, Canada, England, Austria, South Africa and Hong Kong. [2][3][4][5]

Lead musician and singer Moshe Tanenbaum is a Hasidic Orthodox Jew who stars as "Uncle Moishy" who leads his "Mitzvah Men" in song and verse that expresses the observant religious lifestyle of Orthodox Judaism.[6] They focus on the religious aspects of Judaism that most easily relate to young children, such as the laws of Shabbat, kashrut and the giving of charity, as well as the good deeds of Ethics of Our Fathers, such as helping others and being nice.[7]

Uncle Moishy is not Tannenbaum's main occupation, and when not entertaining children, he works as a wedding and portrait photographer.

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #95 on: February 27, 2012, 10:15:32 PM »
It's not very  nice to point fingers Tag. ;D

Now I understand what you meant by that, didn't even realize that their is a finger on the laugh icon (or whatever you call that thing). It says laugh on it.

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #96 on: February 27, 2012, 10:27:28 PM »
Hand Shake!

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #97 on: February 29, 2012, 02:12:11 AM »
I learned about Yossi Piamenta from IsraelNationalNews...

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/153100#.T03Qft5SQYo

In downtown Jerusalem, tucked in between a mini-market, a post office and around the corner from McDonald's is Blaze. The small club is known for its open mic nights, metal nights, and sports broadcasts. But now, every Sunday is known as Yossi Piamenta night. Stray metalheads and sports fans mix with yeshiva students, American immigrants and on some nights, members of Yossi's family. They have all come to see the middle-aged Israeli man with the big colorful kippah and big grey beard shred super fast guitar solos backed by swirling Sephardic rhythms. After living for 32 years in the United States, Piamenta seems to have settled back in his hometown.

On stage, most of the tunes are original compositions or new arrangements of classic Jewish tunes. There is an occasional cover such as Kol Hamesameach, Piamenta's Jewish version of Tarkan's Turkish Kiss, but with Hebrew lyrics and a ripping guitar solo. And of course there is Asher Bara, Piamenta's Jewish version of Men At Work's Down Under but with Hebrew lyrics and a ripping guitar solo.

Of course Yossi played in Uman on Rosh Hashanah:

« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 02:23:22 AM by muman613 »

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #98 on: February 29, 2012, 02:27:03 AM »
I never realized Yossi was such a Guitar Maven!

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #99 on: February 29, 2012, 02:39:41 AM »
Its a Great Mitzvah!