Author Topic: I hate the fact we're powerless  (Read 689 times)

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
I hate the fact we're powerless
« on: March 27, 2012, 12:44:59 PM »
I have to wait for the Supreme Court to decide whether or not I'm going to have to justify why my parents' lives are worth something one day before a panel of pro-death so-called medical ethicists, aka bureaucrats. I can't stand this. The Supreme Court Justices have to deem this unconstitutional.

Offline HiWarp

• Master JTFer
Re: I hate the fact we're powerless
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2012, 01:21:43 PM »
I have to wait for the Supreme Court to decide whether or not I'm going to have to justify why my parents' lives are worth something one day before a panel of pro-death so-called medical ethicists, aka bureaucrats. I can't stand this. The Supreme Court Justices have to deem this unconstitutional.

If the Constitution of this country actually meant anything today, you wouldn't have to wait for the Supreme Court to do anything because this law would have never been passed. As it is, in the eyes of most (yeah, most, as in Democrat and Republican) politicians the Constitution may as well be used as toilet paper.
"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny;
when the government fears the people, there is liberty.”
---Thomas Jefferson

Offline Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2012, 02:12:21 PM »
Can you explain what you mean Rubystars. Why would you have to ask bureaucrats to provide treatment ?

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2012, 08:13:43 PM »
Zelhar, I think what Rubystars was referring to was the Medicare Panel, which consists of unelected officials, who decide where the Medicare money is best spent and how.  Medicare is a federal insurance program for people aged 65 and over, as well as some younger disabled people (I think).  When people work full time, part of their tax money goes to fund Medicare. 

As I understand it, money was taken out of Medicare to fund Obamacare, which I think is grossly unfair. 

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2012, 08:25:35 PM »
I'm talking about a similar panel that will be set up under Obama Care, where say, if your elderly parents need life saving surgery, they can say it's not worth it because the money would be better spent on a younger person and there are limited resources.

Offline Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2012, 08:37:55 PM »
But even with obamacare you can still have a private health insurane?

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2012, 08:46:11 PM »
But even with obamacare you can still have a private health insurane?

I think it's a lie that we'll be able to choose whether or not to use private insurance for very long because the government will do whatever it can to drive private insurance companies out of business.

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2012, 09:07:40 PM »
Zelhar, I think what Rubystars was referring to was the Medicare Panel, which consists of unelected officials, who decide where the Medicare money is best spent and how.  Medicare is a federal insurance program for people aged 65 and over, as well as some younger disabled people (I think).  When people work full time, part of their tax money goes to fund Medicare. 

As I understand it, money was taken out of Medicare to fund Obamacare, which I think is grossly unfair.
In the end it will cost the taxpayer / working man more because any time the government gets its hands on money like this a good part of it gets diverted into funding government agencies and workers as well as being a slush fund for everything under the sun... Since it's a government mandate when the money runs low they will just up the anti on the taxpayer.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline HiWarp

• Master JTFer
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2012, 07:26:22 AM »
I think it's a lie that we'll be able to choose whether or not to use private insurance for very long because the government will do whatever it can to drive private insurance companies out of business.

Whether they drive private insurance companies out of business or not is irrelevant. It will be equivalent to the public school system. No one forces you to send your child to public school. If you want to send them to a private school and pay for it out of your pocket, you are free to do so. Unfortunately you will not be reimbursed for the property taxes you pay to fund the public school system though. So, in the end, you will pay taxes to fund the government health insurance program whether you use it or not and, if you so desire, you can always pay an additional $8-12K a year to have your own private insurance.
"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny;
when the government fears the people, there is liberty.”
---Thomas Jefferson

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2012, 07:59:32 AM »
Whether they drive private insurance companies out of business or not is irrelevant. It will be equivalent to the public school system. No one forces you to send your child to public school. If you want to send them to a private school and pay for it out of your pocket, you are free to do so. Unfortunately you will not be reimbursed for the property taxes you pay to fund the public school system though. So, in the end, you will pay taxes to fund the government health insurance program whether you use it or not and, if you so desire, you can always pay an additional $8-12K a year to have your own private insurance.

I'm afraid this will affect the fact that I can get private insurance through my employer. I can't afford to pay for private insurance without my employer covering part of the cost.

People are often times effectively  forced to send their children to public school because they can't afford private school.