Author Topic: Early elections may help Netenyahu get rid of Barak. article. (bunch of bull)  (Read 2918 times)

Offline Aces High

• Ultimate JTFer
Look- if Netenyahu didn't want the expulsions to take place he would stop Barak from ordering the police and army to expel Jews.  I don't buy this good cop, bad cop, crap.  Not for a second.

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/155240

Offline realist26

• Full JTFer
I hate Barak but he is required whilst other leftist military guys like dagan and diskin talk down the iranian threat

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Lol, israelnationalnews really has a bunch of deluded morons working for it.
bibi does NOT want to get rid of Barak.  They are working together and have the same goals.  It couldn't be any more clear.   Not only did bibi choose to appoint him as defense minister, he has invited him into the likud party on several occasions.

When will these idiots wake up and stop deceiving the public?

• Gold Star JTF Member
I hate Barak but he is required whilst other leftist military guys like dagan and diskin talk down the iranian threat

Wtf?

Offline Aces High

• Ultimate JTFer
Lol, israelnationalnews really has a bunch of deluded morons working for it.
bibi does NOT want to get rid of Barak.  They are working together and have the same goals.  It couldn't be any more clear.   Not only did bibi choose to appoint him as defense minister, he has invited him into the likud party on several occasions.

When will these idiots wake up and stop deceiving the public?

I agree.  Israel National News must be deluded.  A report like this deludes the public as well, and  keeps the status quo.  Nothing ever changes with reports like these.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
A7 is not the only source which is reporting on the possibility of early elections.

http://edition.cnn.com/2012/04/29/world/meast/israel-early-elections/?hpt=hp_t3
http://articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/2012-04-27/middle-east/31421045_1_likud-current-coalition-partner-early-elections

The poll of 500 Jewish and Arab Israelis said that if Netanyahu brought forward a general election scheduled for October 2013, Likud would take 31 seats in the 120-seat legislature.

The tally would be well ahead of Labour and the ultra-nationalist Yisrael Beitenu -- a current coalition partner -- which would have 15 each.

The centrist opposition Kadima, currently the largest party by a hair, with 28 seats to Likud's 27 would shrink to 13 in early elections,it said.

Netanyahu has stated repeatedly that he does not intend to bring forward the election date, but speculation is rife and has been rising ahead of parliament's return next week from its spring break.

"I believe that Israel is in an election year and that the Knesset's summer session, which will open on Monday, will be the last session of the 18th Knesset," speaker Reuven Rivlin told the top-selling daily Yediot Aharonot.
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

• Gold Star JTF Member
A7 is not the only source which is reporting on the possibility of early elections.

http://edition.cnn.com/2012/04/29/world/meast/israel-early-elections/?hpt=hp_t3
http://articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/2012-04-27/middle-east/31421045_1_likud-current-coalition-partner-early-elections

You didn't understand my criticism.  There is a possibility of early elections.  That's why its being reported.

I critiqued a7's claim that the reason behind early elections is so that Bibi can get rid of Barak.  That is complete nonsense only a total fool could possibly believe.   Have a rebuttal?  I highly doubt it.  In conclusion, muman, A7 continues to live in delusion and continues to deceive the rightwing public that reads them.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
You didn't understand my criticism.  There is a possibility of early elections.  That's why its being reported.

I critiqued a7's claim that the reason behind early elections is so that Bibi can get rid of Barak.  That is complete nonsense only a total fool could possibly believe.   Have a rebuttal?  I highly doubt it.  In conclusion, muman, A7 continues to live in delusion and continues to deceive the rightwing public that reads them.

You make the assumption that this was written with the express purpose of deception. I do not agree.

I find A7 to allow a good range of opinions in order to attract the largest number of readers. I dont always agree 100% with every article written by A7 but I don't snap and speak lashon hara against them when I dont agree.

I critiqued a7's claim that the reason behind early elections is so that Bibi can get rid of Barak.

And if you read the article it does not say that the reason that the elections are being held early is to get rid of Barak... Please quote to me where you find such a statement...

Of all the news sources in Israel I find A7 to be the best of them all. Though not to your liking you are free to try to do better than they do. Im not stopping you..

PS: I would suggest you read an article before you 'critique' it.
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Early Elections May Help Netanyahu Get Rid of Barak

If Netanyahu calls elections, Ehud Barak, a thorn in the coalition’s official backing of Judea and Samaria, could be out in the cold.
Tzvi Ben Gedalyahu

If Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu calls early elections, Ehud Barak, a thorn in the coalition’s official backing of Judea and Samaria, could be left out in the cold.

The trigger for possible elections later this year is the movement for changing the military draft system, whose critics have targeted exemptions or shorter terms of service for young men studying Torah. The Prime Minister said Sunday he backs military service for all Jews and civilian service of Arabs,

Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu met with leaders of the “suckers’ rally” that has staged a week-long demonstration opposite his office. Protest leaders said he told them that if he is not able pass legislation for universal military service, he would campaign for it in the next elections. He said he will decide in the next two weeks, with the most probable early election date being this fall. The government's term of office expires next year.

The office of the Prime Minister stated, "The division of the burden must be changed.  What has been is not what will be…. The ‘Tal Law’ will be replaced by a more egalitarian and just law, and I will submit it. The new law will also include civilian service for Arabs.”

Prime Minister Netanyahu said for the first time on Saturday night that he will not hesitate to go to elections if the coalition partners try to blackmail him over the issue of military service. Foreign Minister Avigdor Lieberman, head of Yisrael Beiteinu, threatened on Saturday to leave the coalition over the matter of the Tal Law. 

Virtually all polls in the past year have shown that the national religious camp would maintain its current strength while Barak’s new Independence Party would not enter the Knesset because of lack of support. He bolted from the Labor party last year, and his support mainly comes from the military industrial complex and mainstream media, which have been anxiously trying to dump Netanyahu.

The election results might leave the anti-Netanyahu camp with a taste of “be careful of what you ask for.”

Two polls the past week give the Likud party a solid plurality of 31 seats in the Knesset, four more than present. Kadima’s popularity would be more than cut in half to 13 seats, while Labor, now headed by Shelly Yechimovich, would win 15-17 seats, compared with 13 in the present Knesset.

The Shas Sephardi Religious party would lose two or three seats, according to the surveys, and all of the other parties would more or less retain their present strength, with most of Kadima’s loss going to Yair Lapid’s new “Future” party.

Most significant is the lack of support for Barak, who has been in the forefront of sending in police forces in the middle of the night to expel young families, including infants, from their housing in hilltop communities. He also has executed dozens of concessions to the Palestinian Authority by removing roadblocks, an action that often has been followed by terrorist attacks.

Barak has enjoyed cordial and warm receptions by the Obama administration, which several times in the past two years has been rumored to be anxious for a new government in Jerusalem.

It is obviously true according to all that an early election could leave Labor and Kadima with a weaker position than they currently have. I believe that is the thrust of the A7 article.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
I would agree that it would sound like BS if the reason that the elections were held was to get rid of Barak. I doubt that Netanyahu is too concerned about what Barak is doing so long as his coalition can be maintained. I do hope that the coalition will be weakened if some walk out of it as a result of the Tal law and the recent settlement issues.

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
Arabs, in the army?? When I get there, if a muzzdog commands me, they'll have to blow my brains out to get any of me moving an inch  >:(
The fear of the L-rd is the beginning of knowledge

• Gold Star JTF Member
You make the assumption that this was written with the express purpose of deception. I do not agree.

Look up the word "to deceive"
It doesn't have to be done maliciously.  It doesn't even have to be intentional.  It is simply the act of misleading people.  Period.

You say I make assumptions here.  Here are the facts- no I did not care to read the pointless journalism, I simply read the headline of this post.  The gentleman who posted this thread did us the service of highlighting a key point from the article and expressing his skepticism and disgust for it.
I echoed him on this point and do not find it hard to believe A7 would make such a claim because I have seen it over and over again from that rag this type of wishful thinking and "ra ra cis boom ba" over the socalled rightwing and bibi in their articles.  Furthermore I have found him to be a reliable poster and do not seee reason to automatically doubt his claim.   I have seen them make excuses for him over and over again.  That is not lashon hara because they do what they do publicly.  So don't sell me a bill of goods muman.

While you are quick to jump and attack with accusations of lashon hara (the oldest excuse in the book for keeping quiet about criminal behavior), I am expressing my dismay at a pattern of deception from a7, one which drastically harms true rightwing Jews and rightwing supporters of israel as well by misleading them into thinking that bibi is "secretly" or otherwise fighting for them when in reality he opposes everything we stand for.  This truth is not comfortable for many people but until we acknowledge it and try to grow from that cognizance, it will continue to harm us and bibi will continue to victimize our people.  You don't want that do you?

• Gold Star JTF Member
And if you read the article it does not say that the reason that the elections are being held early is to get rid of Barak... Please quote to me where you find such a statement...

Lol its the title.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom

Lol its the title.

Which, (early elections may help Netanyahu) apparently is true... Not just according to A7...

A7 provides news that the rest of the Israeli News sites do not provide, at least in english. I am grateful for their work. If you think they are so bad why don't you find a better english source of news from Israel.

And I find it hard to imagine you don't see a difference between saying "Election MAY help get rid of Barak" and saying "The reason the election is held early is to get rid of Barak". I see a great difference. And it appears that is what you were saying.

I critiqued a7's claim that the reason behind early elections is so that Bibi can get rid of Barak.

I can understand that A7 will not stand against Bibi because of politics. But of all the sources A7 publishes some of the most right wing that we can read in English on a daily basis.

• Gold Star JTF Member
Which, (early elections may help Netanyahu) apparently is true... Not just according to A7...

A7 provides news that the rest of the Israeli News sites do not provide, at least in english. I am grateful for their work. If you think they are so bad why don't you find a better english source of news from Israel.

Well for one thing I am not in the news industry, I work in science.  How do you expect me to just roll out of bed and start my own news corporation.  You going to bankroll me, muman?
Secondly, I don't say or think "they are so bad" as if nothing they do is right.  They do a lot of good things and like you say, they are the only israeli news site in english that is not infested with antisettler hatred and bias throughout its articles.

But it is for precisely that reason that they need to be held to a higher standard.  If they are the only rightwing news source, they have an obligation to do everything in their power to inform those rightwing Jews (and gentiles) who depend on them.  It is that much more crticial that they adhere to high journalistic standards and complete honesty.  Because adopting the myths and simplistic nonsense promoted by all the evil sites will only start to make the good people buy into those myths and think they are true because its coming from a "good"/reliable rightwing source.

So they have quite a responsibility, IMO.

And I find it hard to imagine you don't see a difference between saying "Election MAY help get rid of Barak" and saying "The reason the election is held early is to get rid of Barak". I see a great difference. And it appears that is what you were saying.

You are confused.  You are very very confused.  Either way that you phrase that statement, in both cases it promotes the untrue myth that bibi wants barak gone.  He does not want barak out, and its irrational to think he does in light of obvious facts available to all.  THAT WAS WHAT I TOOK ISSUE WITH!
Your phrasing changes nothing and in fact misses my point.

I can understand that A7 will not stand against Bibi because of politics.

I cannot understand this.  This is the same israeli govt that stripped a7 of its license to get them off the air and then raided their boat when they operated offshore.  A7 owes the govt NOTHING.  A7 owes the likud NOTHING.  But apparently they have a massive galuth mentality.

They do not apply the same scrutiny to bibi and likud that they apply to labor and kadima and personalities therein.  How is that responsible journalism?  Its biased, delusionally biased and promotes same delusions in the national camp that listens to them.