Author Topic: Anyone have Ram XP pro it's supposed to boost computer memory  (Read 1350 times)

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
but it's it a pain in the neck,any one know something better
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Re: Anyone have Ram XP pro it's supposed to boost computer memory
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2012, 09:18:49 AM »
Adding some more RAM would do you allot better.

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2012, 09:23:43 AM »
Adding some more RAM would do you allot better.
How much would that cost i saw high prices
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2012, 09:27:06 AM »
How much would that cost i saw high prices
What type do have ? DDR2 ? I would try to get some second hand from an old computer.

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2012, 09:30:05 AM »
What type do have ? DDR2 ? I would try to get some second hand from an old computer.
Where can i find an old computer online

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2012, 09:37:48 AM »
Where can i find an old computer online
I thought if you know someone who is scrapping his old computer you can get it from him. Online there may be people selling just used memory. In Israel for example we have a board site for all sort of used items called yad2. 

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2012, 09:44:45 AM »
I thought if you know someone who is scrapping his old computer you can get it from him. Online there may be people selling just used memory. In Israel for example we have a board site for all sort of used items called yad2.
I'll HAVE TO LOOK IT UP IF THEY HAVE A SITE IN THE U.S. My brother has a friend who is a computer tech who fixes computer for a living I'll ask my brother to ask him him if he has one.

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline maelgwyn

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2012, 03:18:44 AM »
Not me!  256 RAM and still on the DIAL UP  isp ! :::D

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2012, 06:36:47 AM »
Not me!  256 RAM and still on the DIAL UP  isp ! :::D
I HAD A DIAL UP IT'S A PAIN

Shot at 2010-01-03

Online angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2012, 09:07:13 AM »
Get an eMachines brand. they're dirt cheap. Less than $500USD. Or get a netbook for less than $250USD.
Why would you want a used computer?
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline maelgwyn

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2012, 12:52:59 PM »
£s to us $ to you ! >:(

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2012, 02:20:15 PM »
I live in a panacea... I  work on the leading-edge technology... I cannot live without at least Quad-Core CPU w/4GB ram....

I am looking at buying a new machine and really want to get one with an i7 Intel CPU. Here at work I already have two i7 systems and they run Virtual Machines just great.

Forget about Ram XP... That is a phony solution to a problem which many people have. I consider such software to be a scam. The way that these products claim to boost memory is by using compression technology to keep 'Virtual Memory' caches in a compressed manner making it appear as if you have more memory. Usually this comes at the expense of speed which is usually the reason I recommend to upgrade memory. Many old machines can be given new life by upgrading to more memory, especially those running Windows OS... Usually the thing which slows down Windows OS is the amount of 'Swapping' which must take place when running a multi-tasking operating systems {so many processes using so many reasources}...

Attempt to upgrade to more physical memory. If this is not possible then consider getting a newer machine.

PS: I just checked on the software and it is not a compressed cache software. But still I doubt that it will affect overall system speed as much as installing real memory into your machine.
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Online angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2012, 02:36:44 PM »
I remember in M$ D0$ I used "Stacker" which would compress the hard drive or memory I forget which.
The problem is that it would slow your computer down badly because you have to keep compressing and decompressing.
So I really wouldn't call it a scam. It just doesn't work.
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline serbian army

• Master JTFer
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2012, 07:32:14 AM »
I live in a panacea... I  work on the leading-edge technology... I cannot live without at least Quad-Core CPU w/4GB ram....

I am looking at buying a new machine and really want to get one with an i7 Intel CPU. Here at work I already have two i7 systems and they run Virtual Machines just great.
I saw one Toshiba (think satellite 750) i7 in BJ's for $570 and could not believe my eyes. With my i3 I am more than happy for right now.
Serbia will never surrender Kosovo to the breakaway province's ethnic Albanian majority or trade its territory for European Union or NATO membership,

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2012, 01:41:20 PM »
I bought my computer at a computer shop that was their own brand. I got a really nice setup and it was cheaper than it would have been if I'd bought a comparable one at Best Buy or something like that. I told them I wanted a computer that could handle video editing.