Author Topic: Israeli Geniuses make smallest mini-robot that can travel through a bloodstream  (Read 2969 times)

Offline Ehud

• Master JTFer
This is another example of the Jewish geniuses in Israel.  The whole world tried to do it and couldn't figure it out but Israelis found a way!

http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/875000.html

New mini-robot can travel through the bloodstream

By Guy Griml

Scientists at the Technion University, teamed with a researcher from the College of Judea and Samaria, have developed a miniature robot that can move within the bloodstream.

Researchers the world wide have been trying to develop miniature, remote-controlled robots for minimally invasive medical treatments within the body.

"For the first time a miniature robot has been planned and constructed, that has the unique ability to crawl within the human body's veins and arteries," said Dr. Nir Shvalb of the College of Judea and Samaria yesterday.

"The robot will be able to crawl against the bloodstream with a force typical of blood vessels within the body without any problem, which has not been possible before."

Oded Salomon, researcher at the medical robotics lab in the Technion's engineering faculty, added that the miniaturization achievement is unprecedented, as is the ability to control the robot's activity for unlimited periods of time, for any medical procedure.

For comparison, the diameter of a similar robot which researchers at Kyoto University developed is one centimeter. The Israeli robot's diameter is one millimeter.

The new robot consists of a hub from which tiny arms stretch out, allowing the robot to  strongly grip the vessel walls. The operators can manipulate the robot to move in increments, and its special structure allows it to crawl within a variety of vessels with differing diameters.

Blood vessels differ from each other in diameter, making it extremely important for the robot to possess the ability to be able to adjust accordingly.

"The Jews will eventually have to face up to what you're dealing with here.  The arabs will never love you for what good you've brought them.  They don't know how to really love.  But hate!  Oh, G-d, can they hate!  And they have a deep, deep, deep resentment because you have jolted them from their delusions of grandeur and shown them for what they are-a decadent, savage people controlled by a religion that has stripped them of all human ambition . . . except for the few cruel enough and arrogant enough to command them as one commands a mob of sheep.  You are dealing with a mad society and you'd better learn how to control it."

-Excerpt from The Haj by Leon Uris

Offline cosmokramer

• Pro JTFer
This is what Torah can bring.

Offline angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
What? No pictures!
I wonder how they'll power that thing.
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
I don't reckon that we're gonna see an Angolan or Jamaican arterial robot anytime soon.  ;) :laugh:

Offline jdl4ever

• Master JTFer
I have some evil ideas for this.  HE heee heeee.  Inject it into the terrorist prisoners that Israel uses in prison swaps and set it on a timer to give the prisoners a stroke 24 hrs after they are released. 
"Enough weeping and wailing; and the following of leaders & rabbis who are pygmies of little faith & less understanding."
"I believe very much in a nation beating their swords into plowshears but when my enemy has a sword I don't want a plowshear"
-Rabbi Meir Kahane Zs'l HYD

Offline Shlomo

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • SAVE ISRAEL!
Amazing!
"In the final analysis, for the believer there are no questions, and for the non-believer there are no answers." -Chofetz Chaim

Offline DownwithIslam

• Ultimate JTFer
I wonder why the Islamic geniuses haven't invented something superior yet.
I am urinating on a Koran.

newman

Program these robots to perform radical brain surgery then stick one in the ear of every schmuck in the knesset.

Offline ScotcH

• Senior JTFer
  • The burden that hath befallen Man ...
The True Believers consistently become the most GIFTED !!

There's nothing Affirmation Action "Genius" Programs can do to alter the Almighty's Plan for his Son and Daughters !
SUBMISSION IS DEATH !