Author Topic: Conversion  (Read 6222 times)

Offline RationalThought110

• Ultimate JTFer
Conversion
« on: June 28, 2007, 08:14:21 AM »
I'm posting this on this section of the forum because those who care about the Torah are most likely to understand this issue well as compared to Jews who don't care about the Torah.

Some Jewish publications give awful advice: 

http://www.jewishjournal.com/home/searchview.php?id=17094

Any comments?

newman

Re: Conversion
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2007, 08:43:55 AM »
All the beautiful jewish girls in the world and this schmuck has to marry a mick.........OI!!

Offline Shoshana

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2007, 08:26:02 PM »
I think it's sad this gal didn't convert for the sake of family unity. It is however wonderful that the children are being raised Jewish. I see no problem with Jews marrying out of the faith SO LONG as the partner converts. The world needs more Jews :)

Offline kahaneloyalist

• Master JTFer
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2007, 12:22:05 AM »
Those kids are not Jewish and wont be unless they go through a Daati conversion.
"For it is through the mercy of fools that all Justice is lost"
Ramban

newman

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2007, 12:24:59 AM »
Those kids are not Jewish and wont be unless they go through a Daati conversion.

Correct. There aint no 'half' in Judaism....no Jewish mother=no Jew           

Offline nopeaceforland

• Master JTFer
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2007, 02:06:54 PM »

Correct. There aint no 'half' in Judaism....no Jewish mother=no Jew           

Well said, Newman.

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2007, 04:10:53 PM »
All the beautiful jewish girls in the world and this schmuck has to marry a mick.........OI!!
she does'nt look Irish
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

newman

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2007, 04:16:10 PM »
she does'nt look Irish

'mick' is any catholic. 'paddy' is irish.

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2007, 04:18:58 PM »
Oh over here we reserve that for the Irish :laugh:
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline chakma613

• Full JTFer
  • "Lo ta'amod al dam re'echa"
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2007, 04:28:36 PM »
I think it's sad this gal didn't convert for the sake of family unity. It is however wonderful that the children are being raised Jewish. I see no problem with Jews marrying out of the faith SO LONG as the partner converts. The world needs more Jews :)

Allow me to correct you - we do NOT accept converts for the sake of marriage! No orthodox rabbi will convert a shikseh for marriage purposes, it is not done, and if i is done, the children would be goyim nonetheless. You are sadly mistake in saying that you see no problem in intermarrying, it leads to assimilation, and it leads to the Jewish man(or woman), adopting the beliefs of their copulation partner. It's sick, and what you ar saying is the same argument made by conservative jews, congrats.
"If I am not for myself, who will be for me? if I am for myself, then what am I? And if not now, when? - Hillel, Pirkei Avos

Offline aC23

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2007, 04:41:37 PM »

Allow me to correct you - we do NOT accept converts for the sake of marriage! No orthodox rabbi will convert a shikseh for marriage purposes, it is not done, and if i is done, the children would be goyim nonetheless. You are sadly mistake in saying that you see no problem in intermarrying, it leads to assimilation, and it leads to the Jewish man(or woman), adopting the beliefs of their copulation partner. It's sick, and what you ar saying is the same argument made by conservative jews, congrats.

While what you're saying is 100% true, you don't have to be so harsh on her. You can explain it to her civilly.

We need more Jews in the world, but intermarrying is definitely not the solution. We are much better off staying small and Jewish than big and "Jewish"

Offline chakma613

• Full JTFer
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2007, 04:45:38 PM »

While what you're saying is 100% true, you don't have to be so harsh on her. You can explain it to her civilly.

We need more Jews in the world, but intermarrying is definitely not the solution. We are much better off staying small and Jewish than big and "Jewish"

Sorry, but there is so much misinformation posing as Torah on the web, I tend to get really angry when I see anyone - Jew or non-Jew - posting something like this. I always consult my Rebbe before forming an opinion on Jewish matters - we all should, what makes sense to us is not always the way the Torah and Hashem see it.
"If I am not for myself, who will be for me? if I am for myself, then what am I? And if not now, when? - Hillel, Pirkei Avos

Offline chakma613

• Full JTFer
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2007, 05:17:25 PM »

Sorry, but there is so much misinformation posing as Torah on the web, I tend to get really angry when I see anyone - Jew or non-Jew - posting something like this. I always consult my Rebbe before forming an opinion on Jewish matters - we all should, what makes sense to us is not always the way the Torah and Hashem see it.

Also, her name is Shoshana, so I assumed she was Jewish, and hence, should know better

Offline Shoshana

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2007, 10:58:36 PM »

I can have any opinion I want. I didn't try to say my opinion was Torah in any way.

Offline chakma613

• Full JTFer
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2007, 06:40:04 AM »

I can have any opinion I want. I didn't try to say my opinion was Torah in any way.

Of course you can have an opinion like that..I can say the sky is brown too, it's equally as valid.

Offline HiWarp

• Master JTFer
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2007, 09:01:41 AM »
Quote from: chakma613 link=topic=6221.msg74018#msg74018 date=
Quote from: Shoshana link=topic=6221.msg73886#msg73886 date=
Quote from: chakma613 link=topic=6221.msg73578#msg73578 date=
Quote from: aC23 link=topic=6221.msg73566#msg73566 date=
Quote from: chakma613 link=topic=6221.msg73555#msg73555 date=
Quote from: Shoshana link=topic=6221.msg57226#msg57226 date=

Of course you can have an opinion like that..I can say the sky is brown too, it's equally as valid.
That is a bad analogy. :D
"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny;
when the government fears the people, there is liberty.”
---Thomas Jefferson

Offline chakma613

• Full JTFer
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2007, 02:21:42 PM »
Quote from: chakma613 link=topic=6221.msg74018#msg74018 date=
Quote from: Shoshana link=topic=6221.msg73886#msg73886 date=
Quote from: chakma613 link=topic=6221.msg73578#msg73578 date=
Quote from: aC23 link=topic=6221.msg73566#msg73566 date=
Quote from: chakma613 link=topic=6221.msg73555#msg73555 date=
Quote from: Shoshana link=topic=6221.msg57226#msg57226 date=

That is a bad analogy. :D

Ha, ok, I stand corrected :D

Still, I think you know what I was trying to say

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2007, 10:48:52 PM »
it should be publicly known to all Jews here (and everywhere) that for a Jew the sin on having sexual relations with a gentile is having no share in the world to come. and no, one cant date assuming that the partner will convert.
   To the person who said we need more Jews in the world- good idea but the way you do it is having a kosher marriage both husband and wife are Jewish and then have many kids. We cant make our own rules and if we do we will be punished severly. We have allready had a holocaust recently do you want many more both in this world and expecially the next.
The Academy of Elijah taught, whoever studies the laws (of the Torah) every day, (he) is guaranteed to have a share in the World to Come.

‏119:139 צִמְּתַתְנִי קִנְאָתִי כִּישָׁכְחוּ דְבָרֶיךָ צָרָי
My zeal incenses me, for my adversaries have forgotten Your words.
‏119:141 צָעִיר אָנֹכִי וְנִבְזֶה פִּקֻּדֶיךָ, לֹא שָׁכָחְתִּי.
 I am young and despised; I have not forgotten Your precepts.

" A fool does not realize, and an unwise person does not understand this (i.e. the following:) When the wicked bloom like grass, and the evildoers blossom (i.e. when they seem extremly successful), it is to destroy them forever (i.e. they are rewarded for their few good deeds in this World, and they will have no portion in the World to Come!)

Please visit: (The Greatest lectures on Earth).
http://torahanytime.com/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Yossi_Mizrachi/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Zecharia_Wallerstein/

Offline HiWarp

• Master JTFer
« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2007, 06:35:10 AM »
Quote from: Tzvi Ben Roshel link=topic=6221.msg76623#msg76623 date=
it should be publicly known to all Jews here (and everywhere) that for a Jew the sin on having sexual relations with a gentile is having no share in the world to come. and no, one cant date assuming that the partner will convert.
   To the person who said we need more Jews in the world- good idea but the way you do it is having a kosher marriage both husband and wife are Jewish and then have many kids. We cant make our own rules and if we do we will be punished severly. We have allready had a holocaust recently do you want many more both in this world and expecially the next.
Just out of curiosity, what happens to the gentile?
---Thomas Jefferson

Offline decimos

• Senior JTFer
    • wowheed
« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2007, 06:52:35 AM »
if u observe the "7-laws of Noahide"you will have a share in the world to come.However i dont know what would happen with a Jew and Gentile married.Having said that I have done some research,my reults are as follows.
Gilui Arayot - Illicit Sexual Relations -

There are six illicit sexual relations forbidden to a gentile:

his mother;

his father's wife, even after the father's death;

a married woman, whether married to a Jew or to a non-Jew;

his maternal sister;

a male (homosexuality);

an animal (bestiality);
so,this doesnt answer your question.so i ll do more digging.btw im a no practising christian.
And that prophet, or that dreamer of dreams, shall be put to death; because he hath spoken perversion against the LORD your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, and redeemed thee out of the house of bondage, to draw thee aside out of the way which the LORD thy God commanded thee to walk in. So shalt thou put away the evil from the midst of thee.Deuteronomy 13:5.

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2007, 02:21:39 PM »

I honestly do not know. But im speculating something bad expecially if he or she is aware that he/she is causing their partner to sin every single time they are together.
The Academy of Elijah taught, whoever studies the laws (of the Torah) every day, (he) is guaranteed to have a share in the World to Come.

" A fool does not realize, and an unwise person does not understand this (i.e. the following:) When the wicked bloom like grass, and the evildoers blossom (i.e. when they seem extremly successful), it is to destroy them forever (i.e. they are rewarded for their few good deeds in this World, and they will have no portion in the World to Come!)

newman

« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2007, 03:47:26 PM »

I honestly do not know. But im speculating something bad expecially if he or she is aware that he/she is causing their partner to sin every single time they are together.

I figured that a goy marrying a Jew is putting a stumbling block before the blind. Like a regular Jew handing a Nazir a glass of wine.

Offline HiWarp

• Master JTFer
« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2007, 09:21:22 AM »
Okay, I'm going to throw this out and see what kind of response I get.  Here's my situation.  My wife was raised a Christian.  When we were married, as far as she and I were concerned, she was a Christian.  A few years later she found out from her mother that her grandmother was Jewish and never said anything to anyone until she was on her deathbed.  So, in essence, my wife's mother married a Christian man and had 8 kids, which were raised as Christians, because she also did not know about her mother's heritage.

My understanding, based on what I know about Jewish lineage, is that since my wife's grandmother on her mother's side is Jewish, my wife is Jewish.  What do I do?  :o
---Thomas Jefferson

newman

« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2007, 03:59:46 PM »
Put that one to Lubab

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #24 on: August 31, 2007, 04:28:20 PM »
Okay, I'm going to throw this out and see what kind of response I get.  Here's my situation.  My wife was raised a Christian.  When we were married, as far as she and I were concerned, she was a Christian.  A few years later she found out from her mother that her grandmother was Jewish and never said anything to anyone until she was on her deathbed.  So, in essence, my wife's mother married a Christian man and had 8 kids, which were raised as Christians, because she also did not know about her mother's heritage.

My understanding, based on what I know about Jewish lineage, is that since my wife's grandmother on her mother's side is Jewish, my wife is Jewish.  What do I do?  :o

get rid of her. dont sleep with her any more, at the very least not before asking a beit Din of Orthodox Rabbi's. Now you know, if you didnt it might be a different story.