Author Topic: Devil's advocate- question.  (Read 1657 times)

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
Devil's advocate- question.
« on: June 26, 2012, 02:55:01 PM »
Why should a Jew or Religious Jewish community, today living in the United States make any plans to move to Israel? Their are shuls, Jews are free to practice their religion. Their isn't a threat to loose one's home or place of worship get destroyed. The media (relatively speaking) is not as anti-Judaism as in Israel where they specifically concentrate against Judaism. Freedom of real speech is limited. A Jew can get arrested without being told why, just because of his political views (specifically "Right-wing" views)
 Soo why should a Jew and a Jewish community move to the land of Israel and be part of the state?

Not to mention the Muslim fanatic hatred and all the problems with them. Wars being in one's backyard with potential of missiles flying on one's head. etc.
.   ד  עֹזְבֵי תוֹרָה, יְהַלְלוּ רָשָׁע;    וְשֹׁמְרֵי תוֹרָה, יִתְגָּרוּ בָם
4 They that forsake the law praise the wicked; but such as keep the law contend with them.

ה  אַנְשֵׁי-רָע, לֹא-יָבִינוּ מִשְׁפָּט;    וּמְבַקְשֵׁי יְהוָה, יָבִינוּ כֹל.   
5 Evil men understand not justice; but they that seek the LORD understand all things.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Re: Devil's advocate- question.
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2012, 04:34:47 PM »
This is the very question the religious anti-zionists ask... The current state of Israel often seems like one big chillul Hashem...

But I still feel that the current state must be protected, strengthened, and invested in.

In Israel 'freedom of speech' is only granted if you are left-wing self-hating Jews or arabs... Otherwise you must keep your mouth shut...
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2012, 05:04:26 PM »
You can't do any of the mitzvas that are dependent on the land of Israel if you live in the galut.

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2012, 05:58:17 PM »
You can't do any of the mitzvas that are dependent on the land of Israel if you live in the galut.

What if one is not a farmer. Anyway like what? Which Mitzwoth?
  2/3rd of the Mitzwoth are dependent upon the Beit Hamikdash which we today are prevented (not from heaven, but from the gov. etc.) from building.
4 They that forsake the law praise the wicked; but such as keep the law contend with them.

5 Evil men understand not justice; but they that seek the LORD understand all things.

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2012, 06:02:27 PM »
I would like my questions answered and I'll add this one as well.
  Why are you against NK ? Perhaps they are getting ride of the hatred of the Muslims towards Jews. Soo Jews will be Dhimmis at the worst case scenario, isn't it better then being dead?
 Also the NK fights against many of the other Haredim and does not want the government involvement in religious affairs. For example they are against religious Jews and institutions getting $ from the government.

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2012, 06:55:12 PM »
What if one is not a farmer. Anyway like what? Which Mitzwoth?
  2/3rd of the Mitzwoth are dependent upon the Beit Hamikdash which we today are prevented (not from heaven, but from the gov. etc.) from building.
Yes indeed I think these are mostly agricultural related mitzvot. But still if you are religious Jew you should follow chazal and they are very clear about the merit of living in eretz Yisrael.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2012, 07:12:27 PM »
At least Jews should be permitted to ascend the Temple mount. The fact that our HOLIEST site is regularly desecrated by the Arabs is a continuous CHILLEL HASHEM each and every day. Aside from the question as to whether Jews are permitted by Halacha  to ascend or not the fact that Muslims are destroying our heritage and the 'Jewish state' does not lift a finger is very disgusting to this religious Jew.
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline Sveta

• Master JTFer
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2012, 04:31:00 AM »
I ask myself all these questions. I am a foot away from just going to live in Israel. But then I think twice. Thinking of the job prospects, living comfort prospects...not much for me but for my future kids. Then when they grow up they will have no choice but to join a military. Sure I would love for them to want to join the IDF, if it would be their choice, not chosen for them. Which may be a selfish attitude for me to take.
Then I wonder if I will get in trouble with the government for my Kahanist views.
It's just so many things to consider...

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2012, 06:10:47 AM »
Why should a Jew or Religious Jewish community, today living in the United States make any plans to move to Israel? Their are shuls, Jews are free to practice their religion. Their isn't a threat to loose one's home or place of worship get destroyed. The media (relatively speaking) is not as anti-Judaism as in Israel where they specifically concentrate against Judaism. Freedom of real speech is limited. A Jew can get arrested without being told why, just because of his political views (specifically "Right-wing" views)
 Soo why should a Jew and a Jewish community move to the land of Israel and be part of the state?

Not to mention the Muslim fanatic hatred and all the problems with them. Wars being in one's backyard with potential of missiles flying on one's head. etc.

Because a good Jew should lead by example.  If just one makes the sacrifice to do something that is a kiddush hashem, the future generations will benefit. 

That goes with making aliya to anything else very difficult in life including being a tireless Jewish activist and sacrificing married life for it.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2012, 10:42:59 PM »
I believe the answer is Kiddush Hashem.

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2012, 12:09:34 AM »
This is the very question the religious anti-zionists ask...

They ask these questions because their 'religious' arguments have no merit.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2012, 03:00:25 AM »
They ask these questions because their 'religious' arguments have no merit.

I thought part of their religious arguments includes the fact that the secular zionist government does not merit the Jewish rule of the land. That is what I was referring to...