Author Topic: History of the Jews of the Caribbean  (Read 1214 times)

Offline Confederate Kahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
History of the Jews of the Caribbean
« on: July 11, 2012, 12:21:27 AM »
I think if it wasn't for the Jews. there wouldn't have been much of a civilization in the Caribbean:

http://www.sefarad.org/publication/lm/011/jewcar.html
Chad M ~ Your rebel against white guilt

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
Re: History of the Jews of the Caribbean
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2012, 02:10:03 PM »
Without Jews there wouldn't be much civilization anywhere. The Bible is a civilizing force more than anything else. Without it the world is a dark place full of human sacrifice and other violent pagan practices.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2012, 03:20:07 PM »
When I was eight years old my father had some work to do in Jamaica. He took my mother, my brother, and I to visit Jamaica. One of my vivid memories was when we visited a variety of old synagogues in Jamaica.

Here is a youtube video I found of the Jewish life in Jamaica.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2012, 03:22:07 PM »
I don't think I'd go to Jamaica because I'd be too afraid of getting some kind of parasite. I saw an episode of "Monsters inside me" where some people got a really bad parasite because they had eaten salad in a restaurant there. Apparently there'd been a snail in the lettuce and the stupid Jamaican worker had just chopped it up into the salad.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2012, 03:25:11 PM »
I don't think I'd go to Jamaica because I'd be too afraid of getting some kind of parasite. I saw an episode of "Monsters inside me" where some people got a really bad parasite because they had eaten salad in a restaurant there. Apparently there'd been a snail in the lettuce and the stupid Jamaican worker had just chopped it up into the salad.

We had no problem when we went in the 1970s... My parents had 'rich' friends who lived in the mountains of Jamaica.
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2012, 04:05:34 PM »
We had no problem when we went in the 1970s... My parents had 'rich' friends who lived in the mountains of Jamaica.

That probably helped a whole lot with the safety factor. I've heard that besides some of the criminal elements that live there, that it's a beautiful place in general.

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2012, 06:21:58 PM »
When I was eight years old my father had some work to do in Jamaica. He took my mother, my brother, and I to visit Jamaica. One of my vivid memories was when we visited a variety of old synagogues in Jamaica.

Here is a youtube video I found of the Jewish life in Jamaica.

Loved the song in the video!!

Online cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2012, 06:31:54 PM »
Jamaca is not even a good vacation destination now days... Marley was a radical pot head... Many of the lyrics in his songs are anti-white subversive garbage... Jews are present world wide... The fact that old synagogues existed there is not that remarkable... I wonder if they are still intact today.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2012, 08:16:52 PM »
Marley was a radical pot head... Many of the lyrics in his songs are anti-white subversive garbage...

What are you talking about?  Marley fought racism with such loving music.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2012, 08:48:33 PM »

Rastafarianism is a racist philosophy.

Online cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2012, 09:19:21 PM »
What sort of racism is that?  I never found his music  to be all that loving... The listener must need to be black or under the influence to see it that way.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2012, 09:21:52 PM »
I haven't heard anything racist in Marleys lyrics... As a matter of fact I have a rather large reggae collection.. Haven't listened to it in years though..

If you would like to assert it is racist please provide some quotes...

What Rastafarianism represents is a false faith, IMO. They have their own messiah {cant remember his name} and despite having similar themes to Judaism it is not kosher.

Offline Ephraim Ben Noach

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2012, 09:50:07 PM »

What Rastafarianism represents is a false faith, IMO. They have their own messiah {cant remember his name} and despite having similar themes to Judaism it is not kosher.
Haille Selassie is their Messiah, Bob converted to Christianity before he died.
Ezekiel 33:6 But if the watchman see the sword come, and blow not the horn, and the people be not warned, and the sword do come, and take any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity, but his blood will I require at the watchman's hand.

Offline Ephraim Ben Noach

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2012, 10:10:39 PM »
I like his music, but buffalo soldier was a anti white American song.
Ezekiel 33:6 But if the watchman see the sword come, and blow not the horn, and the people be not warned, and the sword do come, and take any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity, but his blood will I require at the watchman's hand.

Online cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2012, 10:39:55 PM »
I haven't heard anything racist in Marleys lyrics... As a matter of fact I have a rather large reggae collection.. Haven't listened to it in years though..

If you would like to assert it is racist please provide some quotes...

Do yourself a favor and don't listen to it for a few more years  :::D