Author Topic: Menachem Begin and the 1979 treaty  (Read 674 times)

Offline The One and Only Mo

• Ultimate JTFer
Menachem Begin and the 1979 treaty
« on: July 26, 2012, 06:33:13 PM »
Is it wrong for me to assume that Begin didn't have to give away all of that land?

Offline Sveta

• Master JTFer
Re: Menachem Begin and the 1979 treaty
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2012, 08:12:28 PM »
Is it wrong for me to assume that Begin didn't have to give away all of that land?

The peanut farmer and the current vegetable in Israel pressured him. He did teshuvah by suffering the rest of his life (He went into depression after leaving office.). The vegetable on the other hand was punished by G-d within a few months (For destroying Gaza).

Offline LoneRanger

• New JTFer
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2012, 09:21:23 PM »
As I am gathering from this site, the Sinai give-away made it possible for Egypt to send black sub-Saharan Arabs and animists and Christians, mostly Sudanese, Ethiopians and Somalis through the Sinai to the Negev or Gaza to flood Israel, which was not possible while Israel controlled it.  Israel has recently expelled some of them but it is a revolving door.  Am I correct?

Offline Sveta

• Master JTFer
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2012, 09:26:09 PM »
Yes, plus weapons are smuggled into Gaza, even before the Expulsion from Gaza. They've also smuggled all sorts of things such as drugs and even a lion for the PLO/Hamas zoo in Gaza City.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2012, 10:33:53 PM »
As I am gathering from this site, the Sinai give-away made it possible for Egypt to send black sub-Saharan Arabs and animists and Christians, mostly Sudanese, Ethiopians and Somalis through the Sinai to the Negev or Gaza to flood Israel, which was not possible while Israel controlled it.  Israel has recently expelled some of them but it is a revolving door.  Am I correct?
The Sinai was given to Egypt in 1979... That was many years ago... The flood of illegals only became a problem recently, probrobly due to the decline of Israeli/Egypt relations due to the so-called arab spring.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline The One and Only Mo

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2012, 12:23:31 PM »
Begin organized the Irgun. So that's rly good, right?

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2012, 01:28:33 PM »

I think the African blacks who snuck in to Israel is a more recent phenomena.  This isn't something which happened since 1979, but more like I believe the last 5 to 15 years.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2012, 01:31:13 PM »
Begin organized the Irgun. So that's rly good, right?

Begin is what we would like to call a secular Zionist.  A truly religious zionist like Kahane, would have never bowed down to pressure to give up any conquered land because a religious zionist understands that it is a sin according to the Torah to do such things.  A secular zionist would claim to support a Jewish nation but an any type of border...even a suicidal one.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein