Author Topic: Mitt Romney would 'respect' Israel strike on Iran, aide says  (Read 1152 times)

Offline LoneRanger

• New JTFer
JERUSALEM - Mitt Romney would “respect” Israel if it were to decide it had to use military force to stop Iran from developing a nuclear weapon, a senior aide said on Sunday as the Republican presidential candidate began his visit to Jerusalem.
"If Israel has to take action on its own, in order to stop Iran from developing that capability, the governor would respect that decision," Romney's senior national security aide Dan Senor told reporters traveling with the candidate.
While stopping short of endorsing a preemptive military attack, the comment seemed to differ with President Barack Obama's attempts to convince Israel to avoid any such move.
Netanyahu said: "We have to be honest and say that all the sanctions and diplomacy so far have not set back the Iranian program by one iota. And that's why I believe that we need a strong and credible military threat coupled with the sanctions to have a chance to change that situation."

http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/07/29/13016589-mitt-romney-would-respect-israel-strike-on-iran-aide-says?lite

Offline Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Re: Mitt Romney would 'respect' Israel strike on Iran, aide says
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2012, 12:02:18 PM »
Now is the time where Romney and even Osama would 'respect' an Israeli strike on Iran. After the elections, if Romney is elected, he would listen to his understanding and respect would plummet dramatically. 

Online cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2012, 12:14:00 PM »
Now is the time where Romney and even Osama would 'respect' an Israeli strike on Iran. After the elections, if Romney is elected, he would listen to his understanding and respect would plummet dramatically. 
I disagree to some extent...In order for any action by Israel to be accepted by world opinion and by either the sitting or incumbent president now or future it would have to resolve all issues posed by Iran... Since this is almost an impossible goal Israel should be sure any action resolves enough issues to make it worthwhile for themselves.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2012, 01:30:56 PM »
I disagree to some extent...In order for any action by Israel to be accepted by world opinion and by either the sitting or incumbent president now or future it would have to resolve all issues posed by Iran... Since this is almost an impossible goal Israel should be sure any action resolves enough issues to make it worthwhile for themselves.
I think the Iranian invulnerability to attack from the air is a complete myth. The only thing Israel really needs is to have the determination to take action and the persistence to keep it going until the goal of destroying the Iranian nuclear project is achieved.

The crucial fact is that the Iranians have no air defense that is anywhere nearly enough to thwart an Israeli attack. Yes they might shoot down a couple of planes but soon enough their defenses would be destroyed or neutralized and the only thing that could make Israel stop is International pressure, as well as leftist traitors from within. 

Offline LoneRanger

• New JTFer
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2012, 02:13:32 PM »
I do not believe that Mitt Romney's statement that he would 'respect' Israel's strike on Iran is necessarily genuinely felt nor do I feel that that his photo op with him bowing in front of the Wailing Wall with a yarmulke is anything but a photo op.  He looks like Tyrone Power in a Brooks Brothers suit is a designer yarmulke in a 500 dollar haircut.  I'm not saying I won't vote for him but I can tell schtick when I see  it.

Offline syyuge

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2012, 02:42:49 PM »
It is good that Mitt Romney would “respect” Israel if it were to decide it had to use military force to stop Iran from developing a nuclear weapon.
There are thunders and sparks in the skies, because Faraday invented the electricity.

Offline Meerkat

• Master JTFer
  • Yemach Shmam to Egypt and Iran
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2012, 03:51:03 PM »
I want to believe Romney on this, but hes still a politician so its hard to trust him on this. i hope he does the right thing.

Online cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2012, 04:07:06 PM »
I do not believe that Mitt Romney's statement that he would 'respect' Israel's strike on Iran is necessarily genuinely felt nor do I feel that that his photo op with him bowing in front of the Wailing Wall with a yarmulke is anything but a photo op.  He looks like Tyrone Power in a Brooks Brothers suit is a designer yarmulke in a 500 dollar haircut.  I'm not saying I won't vote for him but I can tell schtick when I see  it.
What schtick? In your opinion would it be better to go or avoid the visit entirely? Let's get real here what do you honestly expect? The man is a Gentile... He is showing respect to a spot that has great meaning to the Jewish people but really does not have the same religious significance for a Gentile like himself... In the end no president is going to be jumping for joy over an action that has a very good chance of disrupting the oil supply coming out of that part of the world making a bad economic situation even worse... I believe whoever is in the White House will back Israels decision because they have no other choice but it will be a token backing only.

Offline eb22

• Ultimate JTFer
  • No Appeasement.or Concessions.Fakestine is a Hoax.
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2012, 06:14:54 PM »
The following was the speech Mitt Romney made in Jerusalem.       The speech somewhat exceeded my modest expectations.

"Israel's leaders seem to be more afraid of Obama than they are of G-d. Now we're getting to the real root of the problem. Secular politics won't save Israel. Denying the divine nature of the Jewish State has brought Israel neither stability nor peace. When that changes Israel will finally be blessed with both in abundance"-----------NormanF   ( Posted on Israel Matzav's Blog )

http://jtf.org/

Online cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2012, 06:59:03 PM »
The following was the speech Mitt Romney made in Jerusalem.       The speech somewhat exceeded my modest expectations.

It was a good speech and he covered all the bases... I think he is being honest in his support.