Author Topic: How do I explain why the U.S. foreign aid is bad for Israel?  (Read 561 times)

Offline The One and Only Mo

• Ultimate JTFer
How do I explain why the U.S. foreign aid is bad for Israel?
« on: September 09, 2012, 01:32:04 PM »
How do I explain why the U.S. foreign aid is bad for Israel? I get the idea, but I want to present in completely unbiased terms to a friend of mine.

Offline Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Re: How do I explain why the U.S. foreign aid is bad for Israel?
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2012, 01:49:03 PM »
The real name should be US self aid to US defense industry. Because virtually all the funds are going to arms procurement for the IDF  from US defense sector.

Israel is doing absurd things because of this aid, such as shutting down production in Israel and moving it to the US, like they are doing lately with the Namer IFV.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2012, 01:59:27 PM »
I don't know if it makes any difference to the person you'll be telling this to but foreign aid is bad for the USA. Why should anybody in a foreign country or a foreign national take priority over hungry or sick citizens in the USA? I say stop ALL foreign aid, and cut taxes so people have more money to pay for food and medicine and to share with the needy.

Offline The One and Only Mo

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2012, 02:27:10 PM »
Wow. Zelhar, I essentially told him what you said. He responded, "indeed".

Offline TruthSpreader

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/WeThePeopleZeb
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2012, 02:44:29 PM »
Rubystars said it best. We need to put an end to all foreign aid not just to Israel.

Dan - Stay calm and be brave in order to judge correctly and make the right decision

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2012, 03:04:53 PM »
its kinda like why is welfare so bad for the poor, or why is a parent giving $ to their kids bad.  Because it makes the recipient
less independent... and will often make them change their behavior/priorities to ensure that they continue to get the $ and not about figuring out how they will support themselves and get OFF the aid.

However, explaining this to a liberal is very tough... since liberals support welfare in nearly all its forms.... even communism.