Author Topic: Guess who incriminated Pollard shimmy Peres  (Read 481 times)

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
Guess who incriminated Pollard shimmy Peres
« on: November 09, 2012, 10:47:13 AM »
http://www.jpost.com/International/Article.aspx?id=291167     

JPost.com
    International

Jonathan Pollard not bearing grudge against Peres
By GIL HOFFMAN
11/09/2012 16:52
Jailed former Israeli spy reacts to his handler's admission that Pollard was incriminated under orders from Shimon Peres.
Jonathan and Esther Pollard Photo: Courtesy J4JP

Israeli agent Jonathan Pollard chose to express hope rather than anger in response to an interview with his former handler Rafi Eitan, who revealed for the first time that he incriminated Pollard under orders from then-prime minister and current president Shimon Peres.

Eitan told Yediot Aharonot in an interview published Friday that he gave the Americans information he knew would be used against Pollard. He said he had no choice other than to abide by government decisions.

"When I testified, I felt a myriad of emotions," Eitan said. "I had a deep feeling that I should not talk to the Americans about the episode, because they certainly did not want what was best for Pollard. But on the other hand, I am a disciplined soldier. I have never acted against the government's orders, even when I thought we should be acting differently."

The Campaign for Pollard's Freedom responded by expressing shock that Israel became what they said was the first country in the world to actively incriminate its own agent. But the campaign refused to criticize Peres.

"Neither we, nor Jonathan, wants to dwell on the past," the campaign said. "What matters is that the president is currently in the best possible position to end this unfortunate tragedy."

Pollard will begin serving the 28th year of his life sentence November 21. Peres and Pollard have issued formal clemency requests to US president Barack Obama, but he has never responded.

US presidents usually grant pardons and commute sentences during the American holiday season that begins with Thanksgiving on Thursday.
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
Re: Guess who incriminated Pollard shimmy Peres
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2012, 02:25:13 PM »
 :o
.   ד  עֹזְבֵי תוֹרָה, יְהַלְלוּ רָשָׁע;    וְשֹׁמְרֵי תוֹרָה, יִתְגָּרוּ בָם
4 They that forsake the law praise the wicked; but such as keep the law contend with them.

ה  אַנְשֵׁי-רָע, לֹא-יָבִינוּ מִשְׁפָּט;    וּמְבַקְשֵׁי יְהוָה, יָבִינוּ כֹל.   
5 Evil men understand not justice; but they that seek the LORD understand all things.

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2012, 02:26:12 PM »

(shocked that I am shocked, in case someone didn't get it)
4 They that forsake the law praise the wicked; but such as keep the law contend with them.

5 Evil men understand not justice; but they that seek the LORD understand all things.

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2012, 02:28:11 PM »
Without a doubt Chaim should do a video on this swine!

Offline Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2012, 02:34:18 PM »
Rafi Eitan is also a malshan and a slimeball. It is not a valid excuse that he had to incriminate Pollard because he received orders to do so. These orders were treasonous and Eitan should have disobeyed. He must have been already past 60 years old then and had no serious reciprocation to fear if he simply kept his mouth shut.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2012, 03:42:50 PM »
May Gd help Pollard survive and success in his freedom very very very very very soon.  May he be seen as a hero in his lifetime by the majority and when goes on to the next world posthumously.  Pollard is one of the great Jews of our time who has sacrificed much of his life in protecting the Jewish people. Please Gd, grant him mercy and save him and crown him.  Amen
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2012, 03:43:42 PM »
May Gd help Pollard survive and success in his freedom very very very very very soon.  May he be seen as a hero in his lifetime by the majority and when goes on to the next world posthumously.  Pollard is one of the great Jews of our time who has sacrificed much of his life in protecting the Jewish people. Please Gd, grant him mercy and save him and crown him.  Amen

He should be released...
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14