Author Topic: Can the Republican Party embrace itself as the White Party?  (Read 384 times)

Offline NoMosqueHere

• Master JTFer
Can the Republican Party embrace itself as the White Party?
« on: November 09, 2012, 06:09:32 PM »
My understanding is the percentage of the white population in the US is decreasing every year and will bottom out at around 30 percent by 2050.   If this is so, the Republicans need to get really busy fast increasing the white vote to around 65 percent or more rather than the 59 percent Romney got.  Blacks voted 95 percent and Hispanics voted about 70-75 percent for Obama.

Republicans will never get a substantial black vote.  So they need to decide whether they will chase the Hispanic vote or appeal much more directly to a white identity of sorts and embrace the idea that the Republican party is the "white party."   

I don't think the Republicans can get enough hispanic votes.  Every year, more unskilled hispanics immigrate to the US, and many go on welfare and, later, will receive Obamacare.  The more "upstanding" hispanics demand amnesty for illegals, open borders, and more and more immigration from latin countries.  What can the Republicans realistically offer these people?

The only option is for the Republicans to focus on their natural white constituency, which is still the largest voting block in the US. 

It will take a really talented candidate to grow the white vote, define and appeal to white interests, and deflect the inevitable charges of racism by the media.  What is the alternative? 
« Last Edit: November 09, 2012, 06:45:19 PM by NoMosqueHere »

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Re: Can the Republican Party embrace itself as the White Party?
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2012, 07:53:39 PM »
I strongly disagree with this. The republicans cannot go on as a 'White Party' whatever that means.

The party needs to cater to the needs of the entire American people. Jews do not consider themselves white {as I dont consider myself white even though my skin appears white}. Jews come from a variety of ethnicities...  I don't believe that there is such a thing as a 'white' vote because even people called white have different nationalities and ethnic differences.

I think this idea is wrong for the Republican party... period..
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2012, 08:04:29 PM »
No... just like the dems cant embrace the idea of a black party.

Any party that does this is committing suicide.

But the GOP can be openly against black and brown fascism... ie affirmative action... and that can be done without saying you are being pro-white.... you are just being anti-racist.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2012, 08:50:38 PM »
I'd be satisfied if they would try to appeal to white voters in the same way they try to appeal to black or Hispanic voters. If one of the campaign people call your house and ask you to vote for their candidate and you ask them what the candidate is going to do to help black people, they have a ready made answer. Ask them what they're going to do to help Hispanics, they have a ready made answer. Ask them what they're going to do to help white people specifically and there will be stunned silence, or something along the lines of "Well our candidate is good for everyone".

If the candidate is good for everyone, why not make that case? Why pander specifically to different groups? You can say "My candidate is good for black/Hispanic/white people for the same reason that he's good for everyone, these policies will benefit all people of all backgrounds"

If they are going to pander to specific groups then have some things for white people too.