Author Topic: NY Assemblyman Criticized for Purim Costume Choice  (Read 839 times)

Online ChabadKahanist

• Ultimate JTFer
NY Assemblyman Criticized for Purim Costume Choice
« on: February 25, 2013, 04:19:26 PM »
NY Assemblyman Criticized for Purim Costume Choice

New York Assemblyman Dov Hikind has received flack from the media for wearing blackface makeup, an afro wig and a basketball jersey to a Purim costume party.

The Democratic Assemblyman told CBS Newsradio he meant no offense by the costume and doesn't regret wearing it to a party he hosted in his Brooklyn home.

Offline IsraelForever

• Master JTFer
Re: NY Assemblyman Criticized for Purim Costume Choice
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2013, 09:33:49 PM »
I cannot believe that neither Dov, nor anyone close to him, couldn't figure out that, if he did put on blackface, there were be an enormous backlash.  This doesn't mean that I don't think that Dov has the right to do this.  But, quite frankly, he has to be out of touch not to realize what criticism he would receive.  It's made him look very foolish, and certainly won't help him get Black votes when he runs next time.

Offline angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2013, 10:50:04 PM »
he made fun of sacred negros.
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2013, 05:06:23 AM »
Have mercy  :::D Personally I don't see the problem... Why should people be restricted on how they dress for a party in their own home... What will make the situation worse for him is all the back pedaling Hikind is doing over the incident.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline Super Mentalita

• Master JTFer
  • Kill 'em all. Let God sort 'em out!
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2013, 06:57:34 AM »
Pff.... Conplaining about nothing. Lol!
''At the siege of Vienna in 1683 Islam seemed poised to overrun Christian Europe.
We are in a new phase of a very old war.''

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2013, 02:39:33 PM »
I would any amount of money that the offended people support Farrakhan sharpton and Obama.

I'm sorry where is the outrage from those folks when their leaders do and say worse.  This is the media's attempt to hurt and discredit an innocent Jew.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein