Author Topic: Native Americans say images of themselves are offensive and insensitive......  (Read 1062 times)

Offline drlmg

• Master JTFer
I get so tired of people who are so sensitive and offended by everything. What a miserable life they must have if virtually any reference to them or anything to do with them causes offense.....

Matt Wells, an account executive with Lamar Advertising in Denver, said Monday that he hasn't received any complaints..... yet according to liberals everyone is offended.

Some liberals equate the sign as making fun of Indians losing their land and implying they voluntarily gave up their weapons.

To me it points out the fact that you cannot trust the government to take care of you or keep their word..... look what happened to the Indians. What is the big deal using Indians as an example, it's a true and stunning example of government.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/04/30/native-americans-incensed-over-pro-gun-rights-billboard-in-colorado/

Offline angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
Looks like a sarcastic poster.
I think it offends the communists (who you called liberals) and not the native red skin indians.
I wouldn't be offended if they were three yellow Chinese men instead. Unless they were pinching their eyes back.
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline JTFenthusiast2

• Ultimate JTFer
This is actually an excellent advertisement

Offline HiWarp

• Master JTFer
History and facts tend to offend progressives so, yeah, I can see why this billboard would offend them.
"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny;
when the government fears the people, there is liberty.”
---Thomas Jefferson

Offline Havok

• Full JTFer
  • You'll never get rid of me
The poster is trying to say if you hand in your weapons you'll end up like what happened to the native Americans but the image can come off as a bit insensitive
The moral of this story is that no matter how much we try, no matter how much we want it … some stories just don't have a happy ending.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Yes, say that they used 'stereotypical' Jews in the Warsaw ghetto as the characters in this billboard. No matter how much I got the message I would still feel it was offensive..
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
Showing a people wanting to defend themselves is not offensive.   

Give me a picture of a Jew with a .44 any day over a picture of a Jew walking to the gas chambers.

And I say this as a proud 1/64th Cherokee Indian.

Offline Ephraim Ben Noach

• Silver Star JTF Member
A Native American was selling these in the mall one day. http://www.zazzle.com/ask_an_indian_shirts-235227246444347013
Ezekiel 33:6 But if the watchman see the sword come, and blow not the horn, and the people be not warned, and the sword do come, and take any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity, but his blood will I require at the watchman's hand.

Offline angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline drlmg

• Master JTFer
A Native American was selling these in the mall one day. http://www.zazzle.com/ask_an_indian_shirts-235227246444347013

How insensitive!!!

Now behave yourself!!!

:laugh: :::D :laugh:

Offline Nachus

• Ultimate JTFer
 :usa+israel:                                                                                                                           :fist:

This poster was meant to convey an excellent point and how apropos to what is going on
 in this era in particular. This was surely not intended to offend Native Americans and should
 encourage people to do what makes sense.