Author Topic: "This dude is the herpes of music"  (Read 560 times)

Offline drlmg

• Master JTFer
"This dude is the herpes of music"
« on: May 08, 2013, 09:12:21 PM »
I know this is not along the lines of usual topics here...... thought some of you would get a kick out of this....

Very funny..... and I couldn't agree more!

This is a quote from Billie Joe Armstrong, lead singer of greenday..... in regard to psy and his gangnam rap......

“This dude is the herpes of music,” Armstong wrote. “Once you think it’s gone, it comes back.” The Green Day singer also added a series of hashtags: #herpes, #flarup and #pleasegoaway.

http://news.radio.com/2013/05/08/green-days-billie-joe-armstrong-on-psy-this-dude-is-the-herpes-of-music/

Offline Sveta

• Master JTFer
Re: "This dude is the herpes of music"
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2013, 11:38:10 PM »
If Psy is the herpes of music, I wonder what Bieber is. Probably something more disgusting.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2013, 12:54:09 AM »
I hate to say it but Green Day was never even close to being next to a group I would like. I remember when they were 'new' I hated it, and the entire grunge scene and the neo-punk scene of the 90s really made me want to barf.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Sveta

• Master JTFer
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2013, 01:07:34 AM »
I too never take Green Day seriously. To try to label themselves as "punk" is ridiculous. Their "American Idiot" is nothing but bubblegum fake punk-pop. I really hate that song. Nothing that would ever compare to what punk really was, anarchy, distortion, non-conformity. Real punk is not Green Day. I really do NOT like all the posers these days who pretend to be punk. And I know punk is an acquired taste that many people don't like. Basically, if a song is "punk" and mainstream society likes it- it is most likely NOT real punk.

Still, they are a step up above most of today's poison music like Psy and his disgusting music videos and Justin Bieber. Or the stupid "Call me maybe song", Taylor Swift songs. Today's music has no depth. The lyrics are about making money, being conformist, commercial and about the arrogance of being being too drugged and young to care. Music today has not been an "art" for a long time.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2013, 01:15:22 AM »
Come to think of it 'Herpes of Music' sounds like an excellent name for a neo-punk band...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Sveta

• Master JTFer
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2013, 01:17:59 AM »
Come to think of it 'Herpes of Music' sounds like an excellent name for a neo-punk band...

LOL!! Wow it really would! I really could imagine the sons of Johnny Rotten and Sid Vicious taking that name. (if they had any)

AS far as Psy, I can say that I was strapped and tied to my chair and forced to watch him and his terrible "music" video. It was in a JetBlue flight last year, I had a seat belt on, stuck in my seat while his terrible song played like 85% of the time from LA to NY and back!  >:(  Torture!

Offline Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2013, 02:33:03 AM »
I love to see two fellow Obama zombies fight.

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2013, 08:59:34 AM »
That dude sounds like he is jealous of the 'herpes of music' and his idiotic song.  Just sayin.
Be very CAREFUL of people whose WORDS don't match their ACTIONS.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2013, 10:52:36 AM »
That dude sounds like he is jealous of the 'herpes of music' and his idiotic song.  Just sayin.

Yes he is trying to get some press for himself off of Psy's popularity.

Offline TruthSpreader

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/WeThePeopleZeb
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2013, 01:56:24 PM »
I wonder who is more annoying. Justin Bieber or Psy.
Dan - Stay calm and be brave in order to judge correctly and make the right decision