Author Topic: Annoying Citrix and free download manager  (Read 2041 times)

Offline JTFenthusiast2

• Ultimate JTFer
Annoying Citrix and free download manager
« on: August 02, 2013, 05:28:25 PM »
I am trying to do work from home for Sunday, but because I'm an idiot and tried to clean my own computer, I can no longer work remotely.  I can log into my company's website sucessfully, then they tell me that my free downloader is not working and they give me this error code (like I have even the beginnings of a clue as to what this means :0*80080005

Can anyone direct me?  Please.  Thank you. Please talk to me like I am a fourth grader in your instructions.  I have to finish work before Monday AM

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Re: Annoying Citrix and free download manager
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2013, 05:31:18 PM »
I am trying to do work from home for Sunday, but because I'm an idiot and tried to clean my own computer, I can no longer work remotely.  I can log into my company's website sucessfully, then they tell me that my free downloader is not working and they give me this error code (like I have even the beginnings of a clue as to what this means :0*80080005

Can anyone direct me?  Please.  Thank you. Please talk to me like I am a fourth grader in your instructions.  I have to finish work before Monday AM

Reinstall Windows... You made a mistake installing the download manager (IMO)... Usually those things are spyware or malware. What software tells you that the free downloader is not working? How do you log into your company? (VPN?)

It is Shabbat and I wont be available till after Shabbat ends tomorrow evening.. Good luck.
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline JTFenthusiast2

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2013, 05:38:17 PM »
Reinstall Windows... You made a mistake installing the download manager (IMO)... Usually those things are spyware or malware. What software tells you that the free downloader is not working? How do you log into your company? (VPN?)

It is Shabbat and I wont be available till after Shabbat ends tomorrow evening.. Good luck.

I didn't download it because I thought of you and Shlomo and all of the problems I have with this damn machine.  Yes through VPN.  I think I am going to buy an apple. My parents are going to lend me the money. Any suggestions how to connect to work and with a computer that's good and between 1, 000 - 2000 dollars.  I am never getting a dell again

Offline Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2013, 05:39:49 PM »
I don't understand what's going on from your description. What is it that you are trying to do ?

Offline JTFenthusiast2

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2013, 05:40:49 PM »
I don't understand what's going on from your description. What is it that you are trying to do ?

I'm too stupid to explain it any better than in the first description.

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2013, 05:43:47 PM »
I'm too stupid to explain it any better than in the first description.
You are trying to connect to your work with a browser is that so ? Do you need any sort of special software other then a browser ?

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2013, 05:50:50 PM »
I didn't download it because I thought of you and Shlomo and all of the problems I have with this damn machine.  Yes through VPN.  I think I am going to buy an apple. My parents are going to lend me the money. Any suggestions how to connect to work and with a computer that's good and between 1, 000 - 2000 dollars.  I am never getting a dell again

I don't think the problem is with the Dell computer. I have two Dell machines here at work. The problem is with Windows.
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline JTFenthusiast2

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2013, 05:56:28 PM »
You are trying to connect to your work with a browser is that so ? Do you need any sort of special software other then a browser ?

i did download the citrix software which is multistepped.  i just dont have a good brain for computers and its a problem when something goes wrong.  i usually ask one of my friends to help me if they are around which they arent so Im sort of desperate, but worse case scenario I will go int work when I can.  I just dont understand why I'm so much dumber than everyone else or maybe it's my age or that I spent so many years studying other things.  I really really really appreciate everyones help--a lot

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2013, 06:09:54 PM »
i did download the citrix software which is multistepped.  i just dont have a good brain for computers and its a problem when something goes wrong.  i usually ask one of my friends to help me if they are around which they arent so Im sort of desperate, but worse case scenario I will go int work when I can.  I just dont understand why I'm so much dumber than everyone else or maybe it's my age or that I spent so many years studying other things.  I really really really appreciate everyones help--a lot
I am sorry I don't know how to help you in this case.

Offline JTFenthusiast2

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2013, 07:13:19 PM »
I am sorry I don't know how to help you in this case.

Usually I ask one of my slightly younger male colleagues at work because they seem to know this stuff in and out, some of the women too of course.  I can help them with other things in our field, but this is not one of them.  I'm not even older, I just dont follow this stuff at all.  It's like I can't read the stock page either. I would have to take a class to learn.  Im always amazed to see people know how to do all these things that just look like gobbely guck to me.  Maybe that's how people feel about their lab tests if no one explains it to them?

Online Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2013, 08:24:13 AM »
It is a very simple fix.  I had the same problem when I bought a new computer.  I just wish I remember exactly how I got to the download link.  Check  out  your companies IT page.  I'm sure so many people have the same issue.   I think I might have gone directly to Citrix and the download link was easy to find.  Now my remote access works even better than it did  before.
Don't uninstall anything on your computer.  It is not necessary.  Worse comes to worse pick up the phone and call the 24/7 help desk at your workplace.  They can help you.

PS  I found the link I used. http://receiver.citrix.com/  I hope that helps you.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2013, 08:00:36 PM by bullcat3 »
Be very CAREFUL of people whose WORDS don't match their ACTIONS.

Offline JTFenthusiast2

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2013, 10:57:36 PM »
Thanks everyone for your help.  I have now, on my own, totally screwed things up.  As some of your suggested, I spoke to IT and they have little idea what I did.  I am going to relay your advice though to them before I further mess this up with my own 'trying to fix things'  ACK was right, I should scrap the whole thing or give it to him or have him give me some part that would take care of them problem.  ANYWAY, thank you everyone for giving me your great input-seriously