Author Topic: The Femininization of the American Boy : Tri-fecta on gender identity  (Read 539 times)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
I think some of you will find this video interesting...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
Re: The Femininization of the American Boy : Tri-fecta on gender identity
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2013, 10:20:34 AM »
That video was funny, and I do think that the feminist they were arguing against was wrong, but I'm not sure how valid their counterargument was either. They seemed to be implying that masculinity means being nasty to each other rather than being strong and confident.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2013, 02:30:33 PM »
That video was funny, and I do think that the feminist they were arguing against was wrong, but I'm not sure how valid their counterargument was either. They seemed to be implying that masculinity means being nasty to each other rather than being strong and confident.

Hi Rubystars,

As a man I understood what they were trying to say. When I was a boy I went through those 'initiation rituals' which they talk about, being tough with our peers, calling names, taking the tough talk of our friends, and playing tackle football where it is possible to really get hit hard.

I am a child of the 60s-70s and most of my boyhood memories are of the 70s. I was Bar Mitzvahed in 1978 (13 y/o) and in those days we didn't have this push to feminize the boys. We played with real toy guns which occasionally were capable of shooting actual projectiles. We did not wear helmets when riding bicycles. Sometimes we got hurt but we got up and continued despite our lumps and bumps.

This is what I believe the hosts of the Tri-fecta I posted was trying to express. That it is a part of a boys experience to put up with, and dish out at times, the toughness and strength which is required. The alternative is girly-man...

You will have to pry my toy gun from my cold dead hands!

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2013, 12:08:22 PM »
Great points Muman. I understand better now.