Author Topic: Shalom  (Read 3536 times)

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
Re: Deform Jews have gone too far
« Reply #25 on: November 17, 2013, 03:27:58 AM »
  Lisa I wouldn't categorize Young Israel as "ultra-Orthodox". The one's I am familiar with at the very least are just plain centrist Orthodox. They also say the prayer for the Country (U.S.) and then for the State of Israel and for the soldiers.
 I personally wouldn't categorize them as "ultra-Orthodox" though.
One of my sisters once told me that YIGN is much more Orthodox than Great Neck Synagogue.  From what I understand, their services are much longer than those of GNS. 

I just also did a quick search (perhaps this shul is different) but I found this about them saying about themselves "

"The YIGN is a Modern Orthodox synagogue that.... "

http://yign.shulcloud.com/president.html

And by the pictures they seem modern as well.

As does the Rabbi and staff (Or just Orthodox as opposed to "Ultra")

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #26 on: November 17, 2013, 01:43:07 PM »
I think this was about the Statistics of the Deform etc. and assimilation.

Also Lisa I think you wanted to write something but what you quoted was just what I wrote. Taker a look at it.

.   ד  עֹזְבֵי תוֹרָה, יְהַלְלוּ רָשָׁע;    וְשֹׁמְרֵי תוֹרָה, יִתְגָּרוּ בָם
4 They that forsake the law praise the wicked; but such as keep the law contend with them.

ה  אַנְשֵׁי-רָע, לֹא-יָבִינוּ מִשְׁפָּט;    וּמְבַקְשֵׁי יְהוָה, יָבִינוּ כֹל.   
5 Evil men understand not justice; but they that seek the LORD understand all things.

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #27 on: November 17, 2013, 02:45:32 PM »
Thanks Tag. 

What I meant to write was that one of my sisters told me once that Young Israel was much more Orthodox than Great Neck Synagogue.  And from what I understand, their services run longer than those of GNS. 

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #28 on: November 17, 2013, 03:12:52 PM »
Thanks Tag. 

What I meant to write was that one of my sisters told me once that Young Israel was much more Orthodox than Great Neck Synagogue.  And from what I understand, their services run longer than those of GNS.

Ok, I was just letting you know not to be "scared" of them, you know what I mean. Their are people who want to come to shul sometimes but have a sort of fear of fitting in or not. Its a common thing.
.   ד  עֹזְבֵי תוֹרָה, יְהַלְלוּ רָשָׁע;    וְשֹׁמְרֵי תוֹרָה, יִתְגָּרוּ בָם
4 They that forsake the law praise the wicked; but such as keep the law contend with them.

ה  אַנְשֵׁי-רָע, לֹא-יָבִינוּ מִשְׁפָּט;    וּמְבַקְשֵׁי יְהוָה, יָבִינוּ כֹל.   
5 Evil men understand not justice; but they that seek the LORD understand all things.