Author Topic: Obama Directs Kerry Not to Move U.S. Embassy to Jerusalem  (Read 356 times)

Offline Spiraling Leopard

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • Eternal Vigilance
    • PIGtube-channel:
Obama Directs Kerry Not to Move U.S. Embassy to Jerusalem
« on: December 04, 2013, 09:16:56 AM »
http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/obama-directs-kerry-not-move-us-embassy-jerusalem_769528.html

President Obama sent a memorandum to Secretary of State John Kerry to direct him not to move the U.S. embassy in Israel to the capital city Jerusalem. Despite U.S. law, the embassy is currently in Tel Aviv, though there's an American consulate in Jerusalem.

As Barack Obama has done throughout his presidency, and as previous presidents did before him, here's the memo sent today to John Kerry:

MEMORANDUM FOR THE SECRETARY OF STATE

SUBJECT: Suspension of Limitations under the Jerusalem Embassy Act

Pursuant to the authority vested in me as President by the Constitution and the laws of the United States, including section 7(a) of the Jerusalem Embassy Act of 1995 (Public Law 104-45)(the "Act"), I hereby determine that it is necessary, in order to protect the national security interests of the United States, to suspend for a period of 6 months the limitations set forth in sections 3(b) and 7(b) of the Act.

You are authorized and directed to transmit this determination to the Congress, accompanied by a report in accordance with section 7(a) of the Act, and to publish the determination in the Federal Register.

This suspension shall take effect after the transmission of this determination and report to the Congress.

BARACK OBAMA

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
Re: Obama Directs Kerry Not to Move U.S. Embassy to Jerusalem
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2013, 10:45:06 AM »
This is something every president since Clinton does every 6 months. It doesn't surprise me. The problem is the Israel bashers who put the 6 month stipulation in to the law.