Author Topic: The NSA is watching YOU, and YOU, and YOU too!  (Read 1208 times)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
The NSA is watching YOU, and YOU, and YOU too!
« on: December 04, 2013, 06:07:39 PM »
Did Obama lie to us concerning the extent of the illegal NSA invasion of privacy? Of course Obama lied to us, does he ever tell the truth? I thought so...

It appears that the NSA felt it was entitled to track the location of 5 BILLION cell phones, tracking the user as he travelled about his business. This is a massive invasion of privacy, a right which was promised to American citizens through the Bill of Rights (the 1st 10 ammendments of the US Constitution).

Anyone using the Internet or Cellphone communication systems has been watched and recorded... I hope that some day those who engaged in this illegal search and seizure operation are brought to justice.

http://iowapublicradio.org/post/nsa-collecting-5b-cellphone-locations-day-news-report-says

There's a new report Wednesday on the scale of surveillance by the National Security Agency: The Washington Post reports that the agency is gathering nearly 5 billion records a day on the whereabouts of cellphones around the world.

The newspaper based its reporting on documents provided by former NSA contractor Edward Snowden, as well as interviews with U.S. intelligence officials. The Post says the records feed a database that stores information about the locations of hundreds of millions of devices — at least. The Post reports:

"The NSA does not target Americans' location data by design, but the agency acquires a substantial amount of information on the whereabouts of domestic cellphones 'incidentally,' a legal term that connotes a foreseeable but not deliberate result.

"One senior collection manager, speaking on condition of anonymity but with permission from the NSA, said 'we are getting vast volumes' of location data from around the world by tapping into the cables that connect mobile networks globally and that serve U.S. cellphones as well as foreign ones. Additionally, data is often collected from the tens of millions of Americans who travel abroad with their cellphones every year."

Do read the full article on The Post's website, which also has a graphic that explains how the NSA tracks people.

As NPR's Larry Abramson reported in September, Sen. Ron Wyden, D-Ore., had been trying to get intelligence officials to confirm or deny the existence or nonexistence of a program that collects cellphone tracking information on Americans. When Wyden asked NSA Director Keith Alexander about that at a Senate Intelligence Committee hearing, Alexander said, no — not under "the current program."
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline AirGunner

• Junior JTFer
  • עוד כהנא חי
Re: The NSA is watching YOU, and YOU, and YOU too!
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2013, 06:58:44 PM »
This is precisely why I was against the "patriot" act when it first came out. Giving the government un-checked powers, while initially good intentioned, leads to their abuse beyond what the law had intended. Even more so with power hungry administrations such as the current one that will do anything to usurp more power.
כִּי בְתַחְבֻּלוֹת, תַּעֲשֶׂה-לְּךָ מִלְחָמָה

Offline serbian army

• Master JTFer
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2013, 09:28:28 PM »
Anyone can listen to you cell phone conversation if they know anything about electronics...problem with many cellphones is that you can take out battery in effort to prevent spying..
Serbia will never surrender Kosovo to the breakaway province's ethnic Albanian majority or trade its territory for European Union or NATO membership,

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2013, 09:41:19 PM »
Anyone can listen to you cell phone conversation if they know anything about electronics...problem with many cellphones is that you can take out battery in effort to prevent spying..

But you miss the point. The government illegally collected data on 5 billion phones. This was not a targeted operation. The question is not whether it is technologically possible to do this, but whether it is legal...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline serbian army

• Master JTFer
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2013, 09:44:21 PM »
But you miss the point. The government illegally collected data on 5 billion phones. This was not a targeted operation. The question is not whether it is technologically possible to do this, but whether it is legal...
I understand...and my opinion is that it is horrible and illegal as well...
Serbia will never surrender Kosovo to the breakaway province's ethnic Albanian majority or trade its territory for European Union or NATO membership,

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2013, 01:27:51 AM »
Own six cells, pay people to carry them around, and I recommend not carrying one yourself.
The fear of the L-rd is the beginning of knowledge

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2013, 12:35:08 PM »
The PJ TV Trifecta crew discuss the Fourth Ammendment, and how it has been trampled by the O administration.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2013, 01:08:01 PM »
I think it's funny to post mildly terroristic/criminal sounding posts which are in reality benign and don't mean anything bad, like "Don't forget to bring the money", and "Blue Orange Purple 25432, got it?"  :::D If they're going to monitor anything they need to be monitoring MMORPGs. A lot of Arabs/Muslims go on those and use the in-game private messaging features.

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2013, 06:10:01 PM »
I think it's funny to post mildly terroristic/criminal sounding posts which are in reality benign and don't mean anything bad, like "Don't forget to bring the money", and "Blue Orange Purple 25432, got it?"  :::D If they're going to monitor anything they need to be monitoring MMORPGs. A lot of Arabs/Muslims go on those and use the in-game private messaging features.

That makes you a person of interest. Mundane things are effective. The CIA uses online games to communicate as well, and it is all heavily monitored, not the least by the game itself, which uses it for advertising and improvement.
The fear of the L-rd is the beginning of knowledge

Offline Joe Gutfeld

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2013, 06:33:46 PM »
We can thank the muslim in the white house for this plan.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2013, 07:37:58 PM »
We can thank the muslim in the white house for this plan.

But it must be acknowledged that the origins of this plan comes from the Patriot act which was started by GW Bush. I support the monitoring of communications of people who are suspected of crime. I supported the Patriot act initially because I wanted to catch those involved with the 9/11 plot (which killed my brother). But I did suspect that this law could be abused by people who want to use it for political purposes.

If there was reasonable use of the patriot act I would still support it. But the Obama administration has really gone beyond the original intent of the law.

Offline Ephraim Ben Noach

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2013, 03:42:50 PM »
I wondered why I didn't know this website... It's an NPR affiliate, just to let you know.
Ezekiel 33:6 But if the watchman see the sword come, and blow not the horn, and the people be not warned, and the sword do come, and take any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity, but his blood will I require at the watchman's hand.