Author Topic: Other than Feiglin, The Haredim are the most nationalist members of The Knesset.  (Read 785 times)

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
Feiglin: The 'Right' Has Disappeared From Knesset

Feiglin is only nationalist camp MK to vote for bill against dividing Jerusalem, says right acting in way that led to Gush Katif.

By Ari Yashar, Arutz Sheva Staff

First Publish: 12/20/2013, 1:11 AM

Deputy Knesset Speaker MK Moshe Feiglin was the only MK from the nationalist camp to vote in favor of MK Yaakov Litzman's (UTJ) bill requiring 80 MKs to approve any withdrawals from Jerusalem, Israel's capital. The bill was rejected on Wednesday.

Only 12 MKs voted for the bill, all of whom were from the hareidi-religious parties other than Feiglin.

Speaking to Arutz Sheva​, Feiglin said, "I looked at the empty seats of Likud, Jewish Home, and Yisrael Beytenu, and when their names were called and 'not present' was called - I thought to myself, truly the 'right' is not present."

eiglin accused the government of adopting a position like that which led to the expulsions from Gush Katif and northern Samaria, saying "then too ministers from the right didn't want to resign because they said the law would pass in any case."

"That's what happened yesterday, there are places where politics ends," stated Feiglin. He added "I'm not more of a patriot than (MK Tzipi) Hotovely or (MK Orit) Struk, but here was a true chance to remove the political fog from above Jerusalem and to determine that it will not be the subject of negotiations."

Justice Minister Tzipi Livni and Finance Minister Yair Lapid were among the votes against the proposal.

Feiglin asserted that Livni's strong opposition to the bill proves that Jerusalem is on the table in the peace talks with the Palestinian Authority (PA) that she is running.

"The left constantly feels the country belongs to them, and even if they're a minority they fight for their path," remarked Feiglin, saying "but here when such an important law was proposed, all of the right disappeared, and I ask why."

On Wednesday, Shas Chairman Aryeh Deri similarly criticized the "nationalist" government for turning its back on the bill. Deri commented "those who call themselves a right-wing government chose to forgo the opportunity to keep Jerusalem, the eternal capital of the Jewish people, united."

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
This is absolutely sickening news.

Why do all Jews pray for the restoration of Jerusalem, and those who we grant the power vote against protecting our eternal heritage.

Shameful.... Sometimes I wonder why Jews are so spineless.
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Every Jew AK47

• Master JTFer
  • Am Kahane Chai!
    • Good Music!
This is absolutely sickening news.

Why do all Jews pray for the restoration of Jerusalem, and those who we grant the power vote against protecting our eternal heritage.

Shameful.... Sometimes I wonder why Jews are so spineless.

Many are too busy worrying about the next meal, party, bar mitzvah, golf game, etc etc and don't want to insult all their liberal goyim friends who look to the Pigistinian people as lovey, kind godlike people.  As much as I hate to say this, but I find most Jews were I live would assume Jerusalem burn to the ground than anything get in the way of their bank accounts and prestige in their local community.  Many are willing to sell their own people and soul to the enemy if it means to bolster their image and helps them enrich themselves.   

I find in America, that most Jews actually don't like me, because I am so vigilant in defending Jewish honor, integrity and the nation.  If you are too zealous, the average Jew in this country thinks you are a nutcase.

Isn't the irony of it all is the Charedim as a whole originally believed they should not return to Yisrael until Moshiach comes?  Now, that they are there, perhaps they feel their calling an Im Yirtzeh Hashem is being performed through his most zealous and devout followers.
Please keep the Kahanist movement strong and free of internal strife and drama.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
EveryJewA44,

I am sorry your community is like that... It must be difficult...

My experience is different. I live in a very 'liberal' place but my shul is Chabad, and I have a close relationship with the Rabbi and his family. It has been over 10 years since I started my teshuva, and from the very beginning I knew that Orthodox observance was the only way to go. I was Bar Mitzvahed in a Conservative synagogue (Baruch Hashem, my parents at 1st considered sending us to a reform 'temple'). A local Orthodox Rabbi was doing Kiruv at the 'progressive synagogue' which I discovered close to my home. One thing led to the next, and I become more conservative and pro-Israel over the years.

Since coming into recognition of Rabbi Kahane and the whole Kahanist movement, I have made sure everyone knows my opinion on the topic of Israel and Jewish pride. I do not hide my Jewish identity, with my full beard, peyot, tzit-tzits and a yiddishe kup ...

Last Shabbat I openly discussed Rabbi Kahane with the Rabbi, and even held him on the same level as the Rebbe. My Rabbi wholeheartedly agreed and said great things about our teacher Rabbi Kahane. I feel I have had an influence on the Jews around me, some of my minyan have been long time leftists and we used to argue about it... but now they are agreeing with me, and I feel vindicated in a way...

But we all need to work on our presentation, our ability to communicate our beliefs. It is possible that our beliefs, if not presented in a proper manner, may be misinterpreted as self-righteous zealousness or misplaced anger. I believe that almost all real religious Jews have a desire to do something to make Israel strong against our enemies.

My Rabbi gives pro-Israel classes, and recently held a public pro-Israel event. I have had private discussions with him where he agreed that Bibi is a weak leader, that Livni and Lapid are terrible for Israel, and he reads Arutz Sheva like I do... It is true that my Rabbi is a bit younger than I (and at first I found that disturbing, because previously all my Rabbis were older than me)...

A Yiddishe Kup Joke

A friend who became a grandparent joked, “If I had only known how great it was to be a grandparent, I would have skipped being a parent and become a grandparent straight away.” I told him what my father-in–law of blessed memory said - that it is like the fellow who entered a diner that advertised, “Second Cup of Coffee Free” and asked for the second cup. He was told, “In order to get second one free, you have to pay for the first cup.” Now, that’s a real Yiddishe Kup!
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline kyel

• Pro JTFer
Many are too busy worrying about the next meal, party, bar mitzvah, golf game, etc etc and don't want to insult all their liberal goyim friends who look to the Pigistinian people as lovey, kind godlike people.  As much as I hate to say this, but I find most Jews were I live would assume Jerusalem burn to the ground than anything get in the way of their bank accounts and prestige in their local community.  Many are willing to sell their own people and soul to the enemy if it means to bolster their image and helps them enrich themselves.   

I find in America, that most Jews actually don't like me, because I am so vigilant in defending Jewish honor, integrity and the nation.  If you are too zealous, the average Jew in this country thinks you are a nutcase.

Isn't the irony of it all is the Charedim as a whole originally believed they should not return to Yisrael until Moshiach comes?  Now, that they are there, perhaps they feel their calling an Im Yirtzeh Hashem is being performed through his most zealous and devout followers.

I am in my 20s and find that a lot of Jews I ended up meeting in college have been to secular and money worshipers or schvartza culture worshipers. Its very depressing.

Offline Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
They only did this to drive a wedge in the coalition. If you believe Litzman is suddenly a big nationalist you should have your head checked.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Because the current govt thinks it can survive with a fakistinian state and without Judea and Samaria and Jerusalem.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline edu

• Master JTFer
I didn't see the Charedi parties leave Netanyahu's previous government, when his Def. Minister Barak was destroying outposts.
Then it was "okay" to be more or less quiet about nationalists issues and sit in a government without the Ichud Haleumi party.

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
Whatever the reason are that the Haredim made that bill, there is no excuse why Likud members like Tzippi Hotoveli and the entire Jewish Home Party did not vote for it.