Author Topic: emotional  (Read 438 times)

Offline drlmg

• Master JTFer
emotional
« on: December 23, 2013, 03:45:24 PM »
If anyone you know is acting very moody.... bitchy, irrational, weird..... please remember this time of year is extremely hard for a lot of people. Please have patience.... I used to have an extremely hard time with depression, especially around Christmas since I have no children and want them desperately. I have since conditioned myself to be almost devoid of any emotions or "feelings" so I personally don't care anymore but please remember others and that you never know what the may be experiencing. Don't automatically assume they are being an A-hole.

Thank You

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Re: emotional
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2013, 04:23:40 PM »
drmg,

Very mature and thoughtful ideas. Indeed this is a troubling time for a lot of people.

Personally I am dealing with a decline in my step-fathers health due to the spread of malignant cancer through his lungs (from his liver)... I spoke with him Saturday evening and he was sounding very bad. My father died at the beginning of January in 2010 and it seems that this time of year if full of death for me...

My only rescue is my work and my Torah study... And my good deeds...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Online Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2013, 08:38:34 PM »
If anyone you know is acting very moody.... bitchy, irrational, weird..... please remember this time of year is extremely hard for a lot of people. Please have patience.... I used to have an extremely hard time with depression, especially around Christmas since I have no children and want them desperately. I have since conditioned myself to be almost devoid of any emotions or "feelings" so I personally don't care anymore but please remember others and that you never know what the may be experiencing. Don't automatically assume they are being an A-hole.

Thank You

I'm sorry you're going through a rough time Drlmg.  And Muman, I'm sorry about your stepfather. 

My father has been getting chemo for his leukemia.  He's lost a lot of weight, and he has very little appetite.  I hope it's doing him some good.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2013, 02:26:00 AM »
I'm sorry you're going through a rough time Drlmg.  And Muman, I'm sorry about your stepfather. 

My father has been getting chemo for his leukemia.  He's lost a lot of weight, and he has very little appetite.  I hope it's doing him some good.

Cancer is a curse... We all think there will be a cure for it by the time we (Heaven Forbid) may get it.... My father said this, and my step-father said this... But the cure has not come yet...

Hashem, hear our cries.... The cure for cancer is within Your Holy powers so you may grant a blessing in the form of a cure for your creations. Please don't make us wait, Hashem, till the coming of Moshiach for the cure to this most damaging disease.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14