Author Topic: Curses on the Israel Defense Ministry: Defiling the Torah in public  (Read 589 times)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
How can a state which is supposed to be 'The Jewish State' allow such desecration of our holy writings?

I am outraged at this story, and several other stories, today... But to use our Holy Torah writings as paper stuffing to ship plates with is a complete Chillul Hashem. Whoever did this should be locked up along longer than the other 'Jewish terrorists' in the prison system.

I pray that the people responsible for this will suffer the pain and the fires of hell...

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/176297#.UtWqSnVDsjg

Soldiers from the Central Command were shocked Tuesday to discover that their new dishes had been wrapped in pages torn from holy books, according to Channel 2.

Immediately after the incident, the commanders on site ordered that the plates be left in their moving cartons until the situation could be clarified.

"It doesn't make sense that someone would wrap the plates in Bible pages and send them to the base," a military source stated to the Israeli news site. "A Bible is a holy object that you cannot defile." Jewish books are traditionally handled with special care, with adherents making sure not to drop the books, mishandle them, or even put them back on the shelf upside down.

"Even if we had gotten the plates wrapped in books of other faiths, like the Koran or the New Testament, we wouldn't accept this," the source continued. "This is a defilement of religion and belief and it is unacceptable."

The Defense Ministry ordered the dishes, not the IDF. The Ministry is responsible for all military equipment - not just guns and parachutes, but smaller necessities as well, including kitchen supplies.

The Ministry "harshly condemns" the incident, and stated that an investigation had already been launched into the kitchen supply company contracted for the plates. The plates had been wrapped and shipped by subcontractors, the statement revealed, who had immediately been fired.

"The Ministry of Defense will continue investigation into the matter to ensure that incidents like this do not recur," the Ministry concluded.
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
Re: Curses on the Israel Defense Ministry: Defiling the Torah in public
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2014, 05:51:21 PM »
The Ishmael Defense Ministry is about as Torah-focused as David Duke.

Offline kyel

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2014, 06:04:14 PM »
One of the Comments Below stated that the IDF gives english Bibles with a New Testament. That's ridiculous

1. This should not be a shocker in the IDF
I attended a swearing in ceremony for my nephew last week in the IDF. As he is a native English speaker and loan solder (family living in USA) I attended. He was asked if he wanted a Bible in English as each new recruit receives one. As he was not very interested in keeping it he handed it to me. I was shocked to look inside to see that it was publish in the USA and contained the Tachach and the new testament. I have it outside my house, not sure what to do as it has a page from IDF for praying.
Adam T, LA Ca. (14/1/14)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2014, 07:06:29 PM »
One of the Comments Below stated that the IDF gives english Bibles with a New Testament. That's ridiculous

1. This should not be a shocker in the IDF
I attended a swearing in ceremony for my nephew last week in the IDF. As he is a native English speaker and loan solder (family living in USA) I attended. He was asked if he wanted a Bible in English as each new recruit receives one. As he was not very interested in keeping it he handed it to me. I was shocked to look inside to see that it was publish in the USA and contained the Tachach and the new testament. I have it outside my house, not sure what to do as it has a page from IDF for praying.
Adam T, LA Ca. (14/1/14)

Absolutely disgusting... No need to worry about the missionaries, the IDF is missionizing them themselves.
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2014, 07:11:33 PM »
Are the dishes kosher? Do they need to be koshered because they defiled holy writings? Does this make them loots of war (Towards the end of Sefer Bamidbar)?

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2014, 07:12:53 PM »

"Even if we had gotten the plates wrapped in books of other faiths, like the Koran or the New Testament, we wouldn't accept this," the source continued. "This is a defilement of religion and belief and it is unacceptable."

That would defile the plates. How can the IDF call such writings holy?

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2014, 07:17:51 PM »
Absolutely disgusting... No need to worry about the missionaries, the IDF is missionizing them themselves.

It's also silly how Israeli books sold for tourists call Christian NT passages "Biblical". They should call it the Christian Bible. Also, I have a book I bought about animals in the Bible and it includes quotes from the NT. Why can't they just make separate books for Jews and Christians? Especially since the people writing the books are Israeli Jews. It's also silly when you see "BC" and "AD" in books written in Israel. I also find it silly how in a book about History the Land of Israel I bought in an Orthodox Jewish Judaica store in the US, when referring to Xtianity, it capitalizes pronouns relating to the J man. It also didn't include Judea and Samaria in the map of Israel. I guess the book was from Israel.

Also, you have to be careful when buying books in Israel. I've seen books about Israel that contain Anti-Bible material on sale at Steimatzky's. Also, I saw a Hebrew book in a different book store in a mall claiming to be Shir HaShirim with immodest pictures. They don't realize that Shir HaShirim is an allegory and is not a sexual book.

There was also a book about the Alphabet that I would have bought until I saw that they said the Jews first started a writing system from getting the Hebrew alphabet from some other Semitic alphabaet. I think it was Phoenician. Such statements mess up whole books. They don't realize that the Hebrew Alphabet is from the Torah and is older than the Universe itself.