Author Topic: Transhumanism  (Read 499 times)

Offline angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
Transhumanism
« on: February 20, 2014, 09:41:03 AM »
Transhumanism in a cartoon:
http://dilbert.com/2014-02-19/

But apparently its real. And it has a cult following
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transhumanism
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
Re: Transhumanism
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2014, 09:43:40 AM »
After reading about transhumanism and cryonics I noticed how they left out the soul.

We've already replaced arms and feet; we've replaced organs.  And even if we can bring back someone's brain, what about the soul?

Do you feel that sense of self?
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2014, 04:01:12 PM »
Transhumanism gets way creepier than just replacing the body with machinery. Transgenics is also something that's being considered. This goes back to the desire to create super soldiers with the ability to see in the dark, have animal-like ability to hear and smell, etc.

One documentary I watched on transhumanism indicated that just about any form could be possible through genetic manipulation. One of the examples it showed as a possible future human form were centaurs. It was really quite creepy.

Also there will be tremendous pressure put upon people to genetically modify their children because their kids will come home from school upset that everyone else is going to live longer than them, is better at sports, is smarter, etc.

I would still suggest against accepting any of these so-called upgrades genetically.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2014, 04:50:28 PM »
Frankenstein would be impressed...
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2014, 04:52:00 PM »
I dont have to be a prophet to know that anyone who engages in this attempt to 'outsmart' G-d will be struck down in the end. Like the people of Bavel during the building of the tower, to stick a fork in Hashems eye is usually a very very bad idea.
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2014, 05:07:12 PM »
I dont have to be a prophet to know that anyone who engages in this attempt to 'outsmart' G-d will be struck down in the end. Like the people of Bavel during the building of the tower, to stick a fork in Hashems eye is usually a very very bad idea.

I agree. I can accept things like pacemakers or a hip replacement but when this kind of thing turns into wanting to radically rewrite humanity into something else it becomes very dangerous.