Author Topic: Remember, do not forget.  (Read 573 times)

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
Remember, do not forget.
« on: September 11, 2014, 01:45:09 AM »
.   ד  עֹזְבֵי תוֹרָה, יְהַלְלוּ רָשָׁע;    וְשֹׁמְרֵי תוֹרָה, יִתְגָּרוּ בָם
4 They that forsake the law praise the wicked; but such as keep the law contend with them.

ה  אַנְשֵׁי-רָע, לֹא-יָבִינוּ מִשְׁפָּט;    וּמְבַקְשֵׁי יְהוָה, יָבִינוּ כֹל.   
5 Evil men understand not justice; but they that seek the LORD understand all things.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Re: Remember, do not forget.
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2014, 02:08:33 AM »
It is difficult to watch knowing the terror which my brother must have endured on the 105th floor of the North Tower. I cannot imagine the thoughts which he must have had as the entire floor was engulfed in smoke and flames. He must have realized that the tower would collapse because the South tower fell first (even though it was struck second).

It is believed that my brother was one of the many 'jumpers' who would rather have their remains found (as his was) than to be incinerated in the falling buildings holocaust of heat. Virtually none of his co-workers were found and their families had nothing to bury.

I remember when we were young and visited the Empire state building my brother was not afraid of heights. I developed a somewhat mild case of fear of heights, and would not go near the edge of the 86th floor observation deck.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14