Author Topic: History of the Jewish people : Video documentaries  (Read 793 times)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
History of the Jewish people : Video documentaries
« on: September 13, 2014, 11:53:45 PM »
Shalom,

I have been watching this series from Shalom TV on the history of the Jewish people from the times of Moses to the present (well the 1980s). I warn people watching this documentary that it is not nearly a Kahanist view of history as it paints our relationship with the muslim world with rose colored glasses. It is narrated by the leftist Jew Abba Eban who most Kahanists consider a self-hater. But still the documentary has a lot of good facts which are true (aside from the whitewashing of Jewish relations with the muslim world).

It clearly explains the distinction of Spanish (Sephardic) Jewry and European (Ashkenazic) Jewry and explains how antisemitism throughout the diaspora formed the Jewish people which we see today. It documents the many expulsions, the crusades, the inquisitions, the pogroms, and the holocaust, and provides historical anecdotes from literature of the periods.

It helps explain Christian antisemitism but it is light on exposing the horror of muslim Jew hatred. Aside from that I recommend watching it. I would be interested in other peoples criticisms or compliments on this series.

I will start with the third installment of the series, skipping the formation of the Jewish people according to our traditions. I will start with the Jewish people in the 2nd century CE...

The fourth explores the 'Golden Age' of the Jewish people in Spain, living among the muslims..

The fifth episode goes into the European Jews of Germany, France, England, and Poland...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Re: History of the Jewish people : Video documentaries
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2014, 12:47:31 AM »
Episode 6 deals with the 18th century to the 19th... Another cycle of acceptance and hatred...

Episode 7 deals with the beginning of the 20th century, when my family came to America..

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Re: History of the Jewish people : Video documentaries
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2014, 03:21:35 AM »
This episode deals with the horror of the 20th century, the rise of Nazi antisemitism...