Author Topic: Interesting Israeli Travelogue/documentary series Kvish 90 on TV  (Read 484 times)

Offline fibrogirl

• Full JTFer
I was not sure if this should have been posted in the Hebrew section.
It is mainly for Hebrew speakers.

There is a great documentary series every Sunday at about 9p.m, I think it is Arutz 8 or 10 but I found the link to it at this website.

http://hot.ynet.co.il/home/0,7340,L-11492-93236,00.html

I hope Hebrew speakers outside Israel can watch it.
It is called Kvish 90 (Route 90). This is a road that goes all the way from Metula to the south and is in the part of Israel that people don't usually visit, or live in.

I suggest skipping to 43.00 onwards  in the first episode where  they visit a settlement called "Rotem" with the knitted kippah couple. This is an "ecological village" settlement. The men are building their houses out of mud bricks by hand.

Then the leftest presenter (who behaves quite decently towards the right wing people he interviews,) goes off in his van and is shown being half mugged by Arab kids the following day. Perhaps that might change his views, who knows....

I watched it all found it fascinating.

The people he meets in the rest of the documentary include an apple farmer employing Thai workers, Kiryat Shmona, a goat farmer in Agamon -another "settlement"...though I recommend the rest only for people like myself who like travelogues.