Author Topic: Our interest can make it happen. (Rav Kahane's books in English)  (Read 674 times)

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
 Shalom I am writing here to let people know that Perush HaMacabe can be translated into English by Daniel Pinner if their is demand and interest for it.

Daniel Pinner:  In Hebrew there are four volumes: Exodus; Deuteronomy; Isaiah, Latter Prophets, & Writings; Samuel & Former Prophets. Exodus covers only the first two and a half chapters, finishing half-way through Exodus 3:16. Deuteronomy is very sporadic for the most part, the in-depth commentary only begins around Chapter 22. The other volumes are similarly sporadic. I would love to translate Deuteronomy, but I have no publishing schedule at present. The best I can say is that the more public interest there is, the likelier and the sooner it is to happen

Did anyone here purchase and read (or at least just purchase) the recently published Perush Hamacabee on sefer Shemot (Exodus) ? It is an awesome book. VERY big and very cheap for the price. Can easily go for 2 or 3 X the price listed. Its over 700 pages and covers a lot of valuable information. 
.   ד  עֹזְבֵי תוֹרָה, יְהַלְלוּ רָשָׁע;    וְשֹׁמְרֵי תוֹרָה, יִתְגָּרוּ בָם
4 They that forsake the law praise the wicked; but such as keep the law contend with them.

ה  אַנְשֵׁי-רָע, לֹא-יָבִינוּ מִשְׁפָּט;    וּמְבַקְשֵׁי יְהוָה, יָבִינוּ כֹל.   
5 Evil men understand not justice; but they that seek the LORD understand all things.

Offline Yerusha

• Master JTFer
Re: Our interest can make it happen. (Rav Kahane's books in English)
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2014, 04:58:24 PM »
Is the book available for purchase in Israel?

https://www.createspace.com/4553382

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2014, 05:14:23 PM »
Is the book available for purchase in Israel?

https://www.createspace.com/4553382

I would assume so. Check amazon.com or contact Daniel Pinner directly (I can arrange it for you if you need me to). I'm sure you can purchase from him directly as well and probably even cheaper as well especially if you pick it up.
4 They that forsake the law praise the wicked; but such as keep the law contend with them.

5 Evil men understand not justice; but they that seek the LORD understand all things.

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2014, 05:18:07 PM »
The Amazon.com book and price etc (and reviews)

http://www.amazon.com/Commentary-Exodus-Rabb-Meir-Kahane/dp/1494355175/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1413753280&sr=8-3-fkmr0&keywords=perush+hamacabi

over 800 PAGES !  :o 

less then $25  :o

WORTH EVERY PAGE, FULL of insights.

(I have no prophet in this), but if their is interest the others will be translated and translated much quicker and made available as well).

Perhaps if you already purchased (or planning to) you can write to Daniel Pinner and show that you show interest and are planning in getting the next one that he will be translating. With more encouragement he will make it happen much quicker.